Photo

Victoria Cougars and the Cyclone Taylor Cup (2016)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:00 AM

The road to B.C. Junior B hockey supremacy will travel through Victoria in 2016.

B.C. Hockey awarded the 2016 Cyclone Taylor Cup, British Columbia’s Junior B provincial championship, to the Victoria Cougars of the Vancouver Island Junior Hockey League (VIJHL) Monday.

The tournament will run from April 7 to 10.

“On behalf of the Victoria Cougars Junior Hockey Club, I’d like to say that we are honoured to be selected to host the 2016 Cyclone Taylor Cup,” said Tom Arlidge, director at large for the Victoria Cougars, in a B.C. Hockey press release.

“I know that our board of directors, volunteers and coaches will work together to produce what we hope will be the best Cyclone Taylor Cup to date.”

The Cyclone Taylor Cup pits the best of the best from B.C. Junior B hockey against one another.

The four-team tournament features league champions from each of the province’s three Junior B hockey leagues -- the Kootenay International Junior Hockey League (KIJHL), Pacific Junior Hockey League (PJHL) and VIJHL -- along with the host team.

http://www.vicnews.c.../305075681.html

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:01 AM

The Cougars are already favoured to win the VIJHL championship.  Right now they lead the Panthers 2-0 in the lower Island final.  They'll likely face Campbell River in the final, then both teams will go on to the Cyclone Taylor Cup.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:57 PM

The Cougars are already favoured to win the VIJHL championship.  Right now they lead the Panthers 2-0 in the lower Island final.  They'll likely face Campbell River in the final, then both teams will go on to the Cyclone Taylor Cup.

Campbell River, nothing but a bunch of damn fawns.

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:32 AM

Cougars lead the round-robin, last game today.

1-2 and 3-4 finals tomorrow.

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:55 PM

Final Wranglers 5 Cougars 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users