[Marine] V2V Vacations | Victoria-Vancouver catamaran service

• Please log in to reply
832 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:35 PM

V2V Vacations has had their catamaran pulled into the Inner Harbour, the Famille Dufour II.

They hope to start a Victoria-Vancouver service this summer.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:45 PM

New Victoria passenger ferry sails into Inner Harbour...The high-speed catamaran will carry about 300 passengers at a cost of about $80 per person...

I assume this is a one-way fare. If it were round-trip I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Edited by Nparker, 13 April 2016 - 05:46 PM.

#3 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:49 PM

V2V Vacations has had their catamaran pulled into the Inner Harbour, the Famille Dufour II.

They hope to start a Victoria-Vancouver service this summer.

Think that has already been pushed back to next Spring...

#4 Jacques Cadé

Jacques Cadé
  • 932 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:48 AM

TC today says retrofit of the new boat will start in May and take at least five months, so no service until October at the earliest.

Sure hope V2V and Clipper heard this item on CBC yesterday, about young families that have jobs in Vancouver but bought homes in Victoria and plan to commute to Vancouver for a couple of days a week. Those folks could be the backbone of the new passenger ferries, if the services are priced less than Harbour Air or Helijet, and run faster than the transit-BC Ferries combo (which takes four hours downtown to downtown and requires several annoying transfers). I suspect there will be very little tourist traffic for these ferries between October and March.

#5 insanelydeadlydisease

insanelydeadlydisease
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:33 PM

Not happening for 80 each way. Might as well drive

#6 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,510 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:02 PM

Not happening for 80 each way. Might as well drive

Agree the price needs to be very compelling for me to forgo having my vehicle in YVR. I may be re-locating back to the mainland in the very near future for career reasons. If that happens I would love to have another alternative to the BCF, as I would be commuting back to the island on weekends to see my family, but in order for me to seriously consider leaving my SUV behind, the price point differential between the two services needs to be significant and attractive enough to get my attention.

#7 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:02 PM

folks, this ain't aimed at commuters.  Back in September through CBC they said "The cost per passenger would be $80 one way for a trip along the familiar B.C. Ferries route that would last about three hours."

SO it's a three hour trip.  Not 30 minutes or an hour.  This is not an option for commuters.  

#8 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,510 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:37 PM

Understood. In my case I would be looking at using it only on Friday and Sunday afternoons so "fine". I wouldn't be considering it as an option for daily commuting but bookending at the end/start of each week. That said if the boat isn't going to ready until late fall as JC notes above its difficult to see how they expect to cater to essentially a non existent tourist clientele in October......

#9 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:09 PM

folks, this ain't aimed at commuters.  Back in September through CBC they said "The cost per passenger would be $80 one way for a trip along the familiar B.C. Ferries route that would last about three hours."

SO it's a three hour trip.  Not 30 minutes or an hour.  This is not an option for commuters.  

Wait until the ship runs into some weather and the passengers are honking up their cookies into their briefcase.

#10 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:46 PM

Wait until the ship runs into some weather and the passengers are honking up their cookies into their briefcase.

I think this goes without saying.

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:45 AM

V2V's vessel design competition now has its entries.

V2V-1.jpg

V2V-2.jpg

V2V-3.jpg

V2V-4.jpg

V2V-5.jpg

V2V-6.jpg

V2V-7-.jpg

V2V-8.jpg

V2V-9.jpg

V2V-10.jpg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#12 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:46 AM

Gawd....
  • Nparker and Matt R. like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#13 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,172 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:49 AM

Yikes. Only one I like at all is the first one.

• Nparker likes this

#14 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:50 AM

Whales kills a few for me. BC flag is ok. But you'll need international tourists that will not understand it.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#15 57WestHills

57WestHills
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:50 AM

I like the one which suggests the boat is under water. Good image lol.

#16 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:52 AM

How about big letters instead. Vancouver to Victoria the luxury, scenic way.

Just tell 'em what it is rather than have folks guessing.

#17 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,233 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:25 AM

I like the first one best too. Although that big red and black orca is pretty badass.

• thundergun likes this
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#18 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:46 AM

Now I'm liking the one with the red sea monster, that makes it look like a party boat.

• todd likes this

#19 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:53 AM

Enough orcas, ravens and flags.
It's a ready-made opportunity for ads.
Capt. Gordie Dodd in uniform, gold braid and all...
"Avast! Special mattress sale now on the quarterdeck! Toiletries on the poopdeck..."
  • Mike K., VicHockeyFan and lanforod like this

#20 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:02 AM

Base adult one-way fares start at $120 and rise to as much as $240. Children travel for $60 in economy, then pay full adult fares for the upper pricing tiers. Plus there are vacation and travel packages available, too.

v2v-empress-Citified.jpg

An artist's rendering of the 254-passenger V2V Empress catamaran, which is currently undergoing maintenance and upgrading at Victoria's Point Hope Shipyards. The vessel will operate between Victoria's Inner Harbour and downtown Vancouver starting May 1st.

Fares unveiled for upcoming Inner Harbour-to-downtown Vancouver catamaran service

http://victoria.citi...amaran-service/

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users