[Marine] V2V Vacations | Victoria-Vancouver catamaran service

• Please log in to reply
834 replies to this topic

#581 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:12 PM

V2V will aim for a December 27th re-launch.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 11 December 2017 - 10:13 PM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#582 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:51 PM

V2V will aim for a December 27th re-launch.

It's on.  Radio ads are running.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#583 57WestHills

57WestHills
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:58 PM

Big e mail blast today with the $50 fare promotion.

#584 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 01:24 PM

V2V ferry service delayed until new year

The new ferry linking downtown Victoria to Vancouver has hit another snag as the relaunch has been delayed until early 2018.

V2V Vacations says they are contacting passengers now and offering a refund, re-booking for a later date or transportation through B.C. Ferries and the B.C. Ferries connector.

The call was made Saturday morning to delay the relaunch, first set for Dec. 27, as sea trials are still underway for Transport Canada’s and V2V’s safety standards.

In August the vessel was taken out of service due to Mechanical issues with one of the engines onboard.

A representative says that they have now replaced both engines and are working to relaunch in the first two weeks of January, and that due to the vessel being out of service for so long extensive sea trials are required.

#585 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:09 PM

Offering refunds and issuing delayed service notices certainly keeps the V2V folks busy, even if actually sailing the vessel does not.

#586 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:12 PM

I kind of feel bad for these folks, their pricing and positioning aside. They've seemingly had one issue after another of late.

• todd likes this

#587 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:20 PM

Well, did they not know that it would take x number of days or weeks for sea trials?  Look, it's not like they are selling hundreds of advance tickets, why even bother announcing until the day you are ready?

Every time they delay or announce another issue is another obstacle to ever getting packages going, partners and general customers for that matter are going to think they are unreliable.

Anyway, they just burned through a whole whack more advertising money (radio, TC) on this latest relaunch, all for nothing.

https://www.facebook.com/V2VVacations/

Safety is our number one priority, and to ensure that our guests are provided with the best possible experience on board the V2V Empress, we will be continuing sea trials into the final week of December.

While we had originally planned to re-launch our service on December 27, we will be sailing again in the New Year and look forward to welcoming you on board the V2V Empress at that time.

All impacted passengers will be contacted and provided with the option to be booked on alternative transportation with Wilson’s Transportation on board the BC Ferries Connector.

Guests may contact the V2V reservations team for further details at 1-855-554-4679 or 250-590-9154.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 23 December 2017 - 02:23 PM.

• todd likes this

#588 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:20 PM

Well, did they not know that it would take x number of days or weeks for sea trials?  Look, it's not like they are selling hundreds of advance tickets, why even bother announcing until the day you are ready?

Every time they delay or announce another issue is another obstacle to ever getting packages going, partners and general customers for that matter are going to think they are unreliable.

Anyway, they just burned through a whole whack more advertising money (radio, TC) on this latest relaunch, all for nothing.

https://www.facebook.com/V2VVacations/

They may have been overly confident with Transport Canada’s cooperation. Or not going as expected, the point of the sea trials is things might not go well.

Edited by todd, 23 December 2017 - 10:30 PM.

#589 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:26 PM

They ARE unreliable. 

#590 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:34 PM

They ARE unreliable. 

I find most 9 horsepower yamahas are pretty reliable.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#591 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:43 AM

Service could be up and running this weekend.

#592 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:32 AM

Room service for stranded tourists?

#593 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:37 PM

The V2V Empress underwent sea trials today and is now pulling up to the steamship terminal in preparation for its first passenger sailing (planned for some time this week) after a couple of months out of the water.

V2V-Vacations-January-5-2017.jpg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#594 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

The V2V Empress underwent sea trials today and is now pulling up to the steamship terminal in preparation for its first passenger sailing (planned for some time this week) after a couple of months out of the water...

If a couple now means 5.

#595 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:44 PM

Yeah, I guess she was pulled out in August. I should clarify my statement to say nearly six months.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#596 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

Good pic Mike, in the background it shows the barge and crane for the $5.3 million dredging project underway to at least try to continue the clean-up of the Bapco Paint site, some 50 years later.

I fear they'll never get that site clean, despite removing tons of crap ... Bapco and their ilk dumped hundreds of tons of crap into the water in that location ... it's amazing anything lives beneath the sea there today.

I'm surprised we haven't heard a lot more about this dredging project - what they're finding, and how it's going.

Edited by Cassidy, 05 January 2018 - 08:29 PM.

• todd likes this

#597 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:33 AM

Anything coming down through the grapevine?

Know it all.

#598 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:44 PM

Nope.

V2V: we are currently doing sea trials and hope to be in service in the next couple of weeks if everything goes well

#599 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

I'm surprised we haven't heard a lot more about this dredging project - what they're finding, and how it's going.

Not much to report,as they're still trying to get to the bottom of it.

#600 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:21 PM

Nope.

In other breaking news...

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users