2018 City of Victoria election

• Please log in to reply
2304 replies to this topic

#2301 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 42,612 posts

Posted Today, 12:43 PM

If you're trying to sell the latest gadget to millennials, then sure. But voters tend to be folks who use a smartphone about as often as millennials use an oven.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2302 Awaiting Juno

Awaiting Juno
  • 458 posts

Posted Today, 12:44 PM

I think this might well be the first election ever where being an incumbent is a real detraction.  I find myself thinking, who on current council would I like to keep?  And it's a surprisingly small handful.  I keep seeing Stephen Andrew on facebook ponder a run for the mayor's seat....

#2303 Awaiting Juno

Awaiting Juno
  • 458 posts

Posted Today, 12:48 PM

If you're trying to sell the latest gadget to millennials, then sure. But voters tend to be folks who use a smartphone about as often as millennials use an oven.

I think you're quite wrong on both counts.  Even my 91 year old gramma is on Facebook (note - millenials don't use facebook, preferring SnapChat) but you'd be hard pressed to find a demographic under 75 that can't be reached through digital advertising including Google ad words.  As far as bang for the buck - a road sign isn't going to get you the mileage needed and is likely to be lost in the mess of road signs.  Not having road signs might make a more meaningful statement about who you are and what you stand for.

#2304 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 7,950 posts

Posted Today, 12:58 PM

I'm not convinced of the effectiveness of an electronic ad campaign and certainly judge the wisdom of it being the foundation of your marketing strategy. 

#2305 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 42,612 posts

Posted Today, 01:01 PM

A successful campaign comes down to one thing: name recognition. And name recognition is achieved remarkably well with roadside signage. The most effective endorsement remains a large sign on private property.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

10 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

Taco, rmpeers, Rob Randall, nagel, jonny, gstc84, RFS, Coreyburger, Cassidy, Sparky

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.