BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#2201 electriclemmon

electriclemmon
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:22 AM

Hi guys,

We did our walkthrough yesterday (photo in dropbox link).
We were told that we are not able to inspect the appliances like a dishwasher or a washer/dryer and everything has a warranty and if anything happens, they will fix it. 
 Otherwise, there were just some cases are related to scratches on walls, floors, and doors.
The weird part was whenever I find something on walls or doors, Anne told me that there is an inspection guide that if you could not be able to see the scratch with a normal eye from a 6' distance, then it is not counted as a scratch. 
I told her, sorry for my eyes but I can see it even from a 6' distance. :1954_dancing:  :D  :D  :P  :P  :1954_dancing:

Our floor plan is type E with Earth selection in both the kitchen and bathroom.

Pictures look great! What gas top and oven did you get ? They look a bit different to what they put in the North Building.

Also, with your unit being a JR 2 bedroom, why is your kitchen and appliance package same/similar to what the studio and 1 bedroom units got?

Edited by electriclemmon, 17 May 2021 - 10:41 AM.

#2202 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 01:59 PM

It’s nice to finally see some balcony furniture on the south building! Congrats on what I assume is the first south building move to whoever!
  • Mike K. likes this

#2203 VanIsleArnold

VanIsleArnold
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 03:10 PM

Does anyone know where the gym is?

I wasn't shown anything when I picked up my keys...I don't even know the code to the garbage or bike rooms!

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#2204 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 04:15 PM

Does anyone know where the gym is?

I wasn't shown anything when I picked up my keys...I don't even know the code to the garbage or bike rooms!

Gym is basement of North building. Not finished yet :(
I’ll do bike and compost room code

#2205 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 07:10 PM

Pictures look great! What gas top and oven did you get ? They look a bit different to what they put in the North Building.
Also, with your unit being a JR 2 bedroom, why is your kitchen and appliance package same/similar to what the studio and 1 bedroom units got?

A few pages back the user Jenny posted their JR 2 Bed in South also had the wrong sized appliances.

#2206 Cat_R87

Cat_R87
  • 3 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:15 PM

It’s nice to finally see some balcony furniture on the south building! Congrats on what I assume is the first south building move to whoever!

If it's the teal chairs and red table in the inner corner on the courtyard, that's scotto203 & I! We've seen folks showing places to potential renters and a couple others in the halls, bug I'm not sure if anyone else is in. We were just eager/had flexibility so we thought a mid-month weekday move might be easier to arrange than the end of it. Everything looks great but is also covered in boxes, so we'll try to post photos once we've set up a bit more! Happy to be here at long last!
  • Mike K., Moxuz, kitty surprise and 1 other like this

#2207 magmazing

magmazing
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 12:46 AM

Is it weird that the floorplan drawing shows a sectional couch, but the long chaise part would in reality block the door to the balcony?

#2208 kitty surprise

kitty surprise
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 05:20 AM

If it's the teal chairs and red table in the inner corner on the courtyard, that's scotto203 & I! We've seen folks showing places to potential renters and a couple others in the halls, bug I'm not sure if anyone else is in. We were just eager/had flexibility so we thought a mid-month weekday move might be easier to arrange than the end of it. Everything looks great but is also covered in boxes, so we'll try to post photos once we've set up a bit more! Happy to be here at long last!

Welcome! We too are a mid-month weekday move (tomorrow).

• Mike K., Moxuz and Victoria Watcher like this

#2209 Cat_R87

Cat_R87
  • 3 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 18 May 2021 - 07:41 AM

Welcome! We too are a mid-month weekday move (tomorrow).

Woohoo, neighbours! Hope you have a safe and steady move!

#2210 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 08:27 AM

Yes, I know what you say, we have supposed to have a 30" cooktop and refractor but we were told that the developer put 30" appliances in bigger 2 bd units which have a kitchen island.

#2211 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 09:14 AM

So you paid for a 30 inch and did not get what you paid for? I would be seriously pissed.

• sebberry likes this

#2212 electriclemmon

electriclemmon
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 09:31 AM

Yes, I know what you say, we have supposed to have a 30" cooktop and refractor but we were told that the developer put 30" appliances in bigger 2 bd units which have a kitchen island.

Here's a one bedroom and den with no kitchen island and it has the larger appliances.

https://victoria.cra...7320397177.html

• Moxuz likes this

#2213 electriclemmon

electriclemmon
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 09:35 AM

I keep seeing people advertise "EV charging" in their rental ads. Can anyone clarify if there will be an EV charger at The Wade for general use? I have only seen one in the residents parking garage and assumed it was a private one as it seems to have a green prius always parked there.

Attached Images

• EV charging the wade.jpg

• Moxuz likes this

#2214 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 10:15 AM

Here's a one bedroom and den with no kitchen island and it has the larger appliances.

https://victoria.cra...7320397177.html

Yes, I know and I have seen this unit before ,but do not understand what the developer says.

On the other hand, I do not want to spend more time to discuses and argue with them, I just want to get my key and donnnnneeee.

#2215 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 May 2021 - 10:19 AM

Yes, I know and I have seen this unit before ,but do not understand what the developer says.

On the other hand, I do not want to spend more time to discuses and argue with them, I just want to get my key and donnnnneeee.

I know the feeling of wanting to be done, but you have to live with this for the next... what, 10, 20 years?  You should get what you paid for assuming it was specified in the purchase contract?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2216 Banksy

Banksy
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 08:12 AM

Hats off to David Price. I have possession of my unit now and it is spectacular. It's a shame so many people were put off buying here because of the anonymous accounts that disparaged the project when it was in presales and the gossiping realtors who told people lies when the project was selling. Shame on all of you you know who you are. Congratulations to purchasers you are now owners of one of the best built condos in Victoria.

Cheers everyone and now on to the next project :cheers:

• kitty surprise likes this

#2217 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,799 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 08:15 AM

who is david price?

#2218 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,433 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 08:19 AM

David is a partner at Tenfold and oversaw construction via his company Westwater, the builder.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2219 kitty surprise

kitty surprise
  • 407 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 08:42 AM

Hats off to David Price. I have possession of my unit now and it is spectacular. It's a shame so many people were put off buying here because of the anonymous accounts that disparaged the project when it was in presales and the gossiping realtors who told people lies when the project was selling. Shame on all of you you know who you are. Congratulations to purchasers you are now owners of one of the best built condos in Victoria.

Cheers everyone and now on to the next project :cheers:

We have possession now as well, and are very, very impressed with everything. Believe it or not my only real complaint is that I have two dishwashers (one would have sufficed lol). Anyways, good things came to those who waited :)

We met David and you can tell he cares very deeply about every owner's satisfaction.

Edited by kitty surprise, 26 May 2021 - 08:42 AM.

#2220 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,327 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 26 May 2021 - 12:13 PM

We have possession now as well, and are very, very impressed with everything. Believe it or not my only real complaint is that I have two dishwashers (one would have sufficed lol). Anyways, good things came to those who waited :)

We met David and you can tell he cares very deeply about every owner's satisfaction.

Return the one that wears pants.

• Mike K. likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)