BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#2221 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 01:55 PM

I am also very happy with my unit! I am waiting to hear back from David about my bedroom floors being completely angled towards one wall by about 1-2 inches difference. I know the North building has the original concrete but I’ve read you can add material under the flooring to make it level. I hope that can be fixed!

#2222 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,837 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 01:56 PM

I am also very happy with my unit! I am waiting to hear back from David about my bedroom floors being completely angled towards one wall by about 1-2 inches difference. I know the North building has the original concrete but I’ve read you can add material under the flooring to make it level. I hope that can be fixed!

is it wreaking havoc with your marbles matches?

playing-marbles-cropped-700x350.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 26 May 2021 - 01:58 PM.

• Moxuz likes this

#2223 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,140 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 01:59 PM

The last two houses that I have built contained two dishwashers. A must have in my book.

How often do you go to the dishwasher to put in a dirty dish and it's full of clean ones?

How often do you go to the dishwasher to find that favourite dish and it's full of dirty ones?

We have a magnet that we move back and forth and put on the door of the one that needs to be filled and the one without the magnet needs to be emptied.

It's the circle of life.

• Mike K., Moxuz and Victoria Watcher like this

#2224 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 02:00 PM

Speaking of David Price, he also built Swallow’s Landing in esquimalt which I personally think is the nicest building in town. Excited to see the new one at the marina he is building currently.
  • Mike K. and Victoria Watcher like this

#2225 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 02:00 PM

The last two houses that I have built contained two dishwashers. A must have in my book.

How often do you go to the dishwasher to put in a dirty dish and it's full of clean ones?
How often do you go to the dishwasher to find that favourite dish and it's full of dirty ones?

We have a magnet that we put on the door of the one that needs to be filled and the one without the magnet needs to be emptied.

It's the circle of life.

I can absolutely just leave my clean dishes there and start filling the other drawer 👌
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#2226 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 May 2021 - 02:05 PM

I can absolutely just leave my clean dishes there and start filling the other drawer

Just a thought, but what if you have something tall or oversized plates you want to wash in there?  

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2227 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 02:22 PM

Just a thought, but what if you have something tall or oversized plates you want to wash in there?

The top drawer is big enough for my largest plates with a bit of space left, probably same size as bottom of a regular dishwasher?27AFCD2F-8E98-41B5-A09C-593D8954E2AE.jpeg

Edited by Moxuz, 26 May 2021 - 02:22 PM.

#2228 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,837 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 02:24 PM

How to run your plant situation at Wade.  With our friend Levi and wife Leah:

Our Sustainable Apartment Plant Tour!

VIDEO:  https://youtu.be/NRXVoFHSKOs

You asked for a tour of the plants in our house and so welcome to the "Levi Hildebrand/Leah Tidey Plant Tour Extravaganza!"

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 26 May 2021 - 02:25 PM.

#2229 Cat_R87

Cat_R87
  • 3 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 27 May 2021 - 06:56 PM

We randomly set ours off once a week. Nothing like cooking with a healthy dose of paranoia!

I will say though - we came from an electric stove in the old place, and seared stuff regularly, with the same Kidde (?) alarms. On the new stove at the Wade, we are now more careful with how much heat is applied at the gas stove. We cook a lot, so it definitely baffles us when we are cooking something on low and the fire alarm goes off. Learning as we go. First week we set it off like 3-4 times. Now 5+ weeks later, it's once a week. PROGRESS!

Not sure if anyone is still having trouble with this, but I'd guess so by the alarms we hear around meal times. I've yet to set it off so here have been my tricks:

Make sure to do the "condition your oven" process, which can be found on the quick start guide in the packet of oven guides (it's the one with the thermometer inside).

Using the gas stove, you'll want it lower than you would set an electric, and things may still take less time to cook - while you adjust monitor everything closely.

Look at your stove guide - each burner supports different sizes and amounts of stuff. They left the additional supports on the center burner for larger cooktops, but those are specifically for woks and smaller pans. You can keep them in a drawer if not using those items on that burner.

Honestly? Fan on every single time you cook. I knows it's a bit loud but you'll adjust quickly.

Anyway, so far those things have worked well for us! I genuinely hope it's helpful for anyone having smoke alarm struggles!
  • Mike K. and Moxuz like this

#2230 ollivier1

ollivier1
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 08:56 PM

Anyone having luck with their deficiency list? I've sent email to ownercare@westwater.ca with no response yet. I'd hoped for at least a "We got your email" but so far nada..

We also have found some spots/drops  on the wood floor that look like some kind of clear varnish that can't be removed just with vinegar or normal scrubbing.

Other than a few other things - love the suite and appliances and the overall finishing ( and the building of course)

#2231 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:01 AM

I have found this blog refreshingly amusing. An insight into both the joys and perils of condo life. It is nice to get away from the pandemic and the drugies on the streets for a while and focus on people being thrilled to get their condo, 

• Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#2232 ollivier1

ollivier1
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:35 AM

What's everyone with two bathrooms doing about the lack of a shower bar in the bathroom with the tub only?  still seems like a deficiency to me.

• Moxuz likes this

#2233 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:53 AM

Do you literally mean a tub without a shower head? I've never seen such a thing in any house built after 1895.

#2234 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,837 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 07:00 AM

What's everyone with two bathrooms doing about the lack of a shower bar in the bathroom with the tub only?  still seems like a deficiency to me.

a lot of the owners have grouped together to hire a bathroom attendant 9am to 5pm weekdays.  During that time he's available to come and bathe you or give you a standing sponge bath.  DM me for details.

• Moxuz likes this

#2235 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 07:19 AM

^I actually experienced that. Do not recommend.

#2236 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 May 2021 - 07:29 AM

Shower bar?  Like this https://www.uline.ca...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Nparker likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2237 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 07:36 AM

With the bartender shortage I think they opted for the bathroom liquor cabinet only.
  • Rob Randall, sebberry, Victoria Watcher and 1 other like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2238 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 07:53 AM

Anyone having luck with their deficiency list? I've sent email to ownercare@westwater.ca with no response yet. I'd hoped for at least a "We got your email" but so far nada..

We also have found some spots/drops on the wood floor that look like some kind of clear varnish that can't be removed just with vinegar or normal scrubbing.

Other than a few other things - love the suite and appliances and the overall finishing ( and the building of course)

Yes!! My living room floor has a huge splash of a clear liquid I can’t remove. Very obvious splash coming from a single spot. Let me know if you get yours out

#2239 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 07:55 AM

Like this but all over - couldn’t get more in the shot
14362CE4-D3D5-47D2-834E-74202DF03CE1.jpeg

#2240 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 08:14 AM

My small things were addressed quickly by email but I have not heard back about wanting my floors fixed/leveled (I’d like to get back to my marble matches on a level floor)
  • Mike K., Barrrister and Birdhouse24 like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)