BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#281 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:10 PM

^^ Yes welcome all newcomers to VibrantVictoria AND potential newcomers to Victoria. 

If your mom lives here you no doubt have somewhat of a handle on the area. Where about's in the excited states are you coming from?

We have twits here too you know. 

• Bingo likes this

#282 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:34 PM

Say, I think your realtor was on this thread asking about the electrical vehicle issue. He mentioned an out of town buyer had asked for a receptacle at his parking stall.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#283 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:45 AM

Larger versions of the images: https://victoria.cit...ondos/the-wade/

The-Wade-November-2017.jpg

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#284 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:43 PM

^^ Yes welcome all newcomers to VibrantVictoria AND potential newcomers to Victoria. 

If your mom lives here you no doubt have somewhat of a handle on the area. Where about's in the excited states are you coming from?

We have twits here too you know. 

My parents moved to the Island in the 80's. My father passed away a couple years ago. We have been coming to the Island on an almost annual basis, so we do indeed know our way around quite well. We presently live on the East coast in the suburbs of Philadelphia.

Say, I think your realtor was on this thread asking about the electrical vehicle issue. He mentioned an out of town buyer had asked for a receptacle at his parking stall.

The realtor who asked was not our realtor. We purchased in March, hence before the question was asked. The charger question was however an important factor that we kept in mind. We ended up backing out of an offer we had made elsewhere because the developer would not wire a parking stall as the sales office had initially promised. With the newer electric cars getting ever longer ranges, I doubt having a personal charger will even be overly important in the not too distant future, but we would rather be safe. There will be two public chargers available on the parking levels that are open to the public.

Edited by CitoyenduMonde, 13 November 2017 - 02:01 PM.

#285 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:49 PM

Oh for sure, and it's just more practical.

Know it all.

#286 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

Oh for sure, and it's just more practical.

100%. I wouldn't want to wait for the charger to be available when I have stuff to do. Kinda the 21st century counterpart to waiting for an apt. bldg. dryer to become free.
  • Mike K. likes this

#287 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:04 PM

100%. I wouldn't want to wait for the charger to be available when I have stuff to do. Kinda the 21st century counterpart to waiting for an apt. bldg. dryer to become free.

I have a smile as I read this. Since going electric with a home EVSE in my garage, I never need to make any detours for fuel or even interrupt a single trip for fueling. You don't realize exactly how much time is lost fueling until you stop doing it. Plus no stinky hands. Compared to going to a gas station, going to a public charging station under your own home would already classify as a major improvement to me. And unlike the dryer example, the range in most of the newest cars are or will shortly be such that recharging is no longer a daily event and will likely be once a week or less, meaning that whenever you come into the parking garage and pass an empty charging stall you can simply pop in preventively (says the one who made specific provisions to get a personal EVSE ;) )

#288 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:05 PM

Will your charger be separately metered, or how will all of that work, exactly?

Know it all.

#289 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:22 PM

I am in Croatia for the next two weeks and in my building this is the parkade; fully tiled, everyone gets their own private garage, and those who opted for electric car charging it is billed directly to the unit. Also sprinklers are the only exposed pipes in the ceiling. Sewage, etc., is all encased and ceiling is dry-walled as are the walls.  Basically a lot nicer than any parkade I've seen in Victoria.

On a side note I bought at the Lyra and they wouldn't do electric car charging, but luckily I can charge at my office.

At the Encore where I also bought they have 5 common property charging stations....will be curious to see how that works where there are 50 electric cars which is probably only 5 years out.

20171109_230941.jpg

Edited by MarkoJ, 15 November 2017 - 01:29 PM.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#290 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

I am in Croatia for the next two weeks and in my building this is the parkade...

What sort of clamps are used to keep the car from falling off the wall to which it is attached?  :lol:

#291 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:21 PM

What's the cost of labour in Croatia? Very low is my guess. 

• Nparker likes this

#292 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:48 PM

The nicest parkade I've ever been in is at Shoal Point, but it's not that nice.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#293 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:17 AM

What's the cost of labour in Croatia? Very low is my guess. 

A solid tradesperson would be around $1,200 to $1,500 CND per month so a lot cheaper than Canada but not dirt cheap.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#294 moretrain

moretrain
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:42 AM

A solid tradesperson would be around $1,200 to $1,500 CND per month so a lot cheaper than Canada but not dirt cheap.

Well, less than half, so dirt cheap would work.

• jonny likes this

#295 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:46 AM

Probably closer to 1/4. 

• Nparker and Matt R. like this

#296 kitty surprise

kitty surprise
  • 407 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:09 AM

Really appreciate these updates! Was anyone able to confirm if the dryers are vented? Cheers

#297 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:19 AM

I don’t think it’s allowed in the building code to have unvented dryers.

Or at the very least the building warranty would not permit it.

Or is there a kind of unvented dryer that condenses the water again and puts it down the drain?

Nobody sane is going to allow all that water vapour to stay in your suite.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 17 November 2017 - 07:22 AM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#298 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:55 AM

I can confirm that the dryers are vented.
  • VicHockeyFan and kitty surprise like this

Know it all.

#299 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:23 AM

I don’t think it’s allowed in the building code to have unvented dryers.

Or at the very least the building warranty would not permit it.

Or is there a kind of unvented dryer that condenses the water again and puts it down the drain?

Nobody sane is going to allow all that water vapour to stay in your suite.

Those combo washer/dryer systems are generally vent-less. They are pretty much standard in Europe. Vented dryers are even illegal in Switzerland.

As an aside to this, I've looked at a couple of units in Essencia Verde (240 Cook Street) that have vent-less dryers. I wonder if the whole building is that way.

Everything You Need to Know About Ventless Dryers

Bosch-Condenser-Diagram.jpg

Edited by shoeflack, 17 November 2017 - 09:33 AM.

#300 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:28 PM

Will your charger be separately metered, or how will all of that work, exactly?

Nothing specific was stated, but it will be metered and charged to me. I don't know whether it will be metered separately or combined with the apartment.

• Mike K. likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users