BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#2021 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 09:46 AM

^Knowing you I'm surprised you haven't recommended wiring the heated bathroom floor into overdrive so you can griddle pancakes there while you shower. 

#2022 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 10:02 AM

Slipping hazard, duh.

• Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2023 Birdhouse24

Birdhouse24
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 10:06 AM

Any current residents able to help with something?
My heated floors in bathroom take about an hour to raise 2 degrees from room temp 20c to 22c when I set it super high like 35c go get it going. Developer says this is expected. Seems useless.
Also, can anyone use both their dishwasher drawers at once? Mine trips the breaker every time.

@Moxuz - I'll run a test w/ both dishwashers by tomorrow and let you know

Any current residents able to send me a picture of the inside of their data closet/patch panel?

The issue is all data ports in all rooms are dead, and I have been waiting on the developer for a couple of weeks w/o ETA.

Pic: https://imgur.com/a/aFT0Ant

The 2 cables into my Telus modem right now are the hubs for the lights and the window shades. 

All my network cables (blue) are linked to the primex panel. 

Dr. Google seems to indicate the patch panel need to be connected to a switch (currently missing) which is then connected to the modem.

Thought I'd ask here.

• Moxuz likes this

#2024 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 10:09 AM

My heated floors in bathroom take about an hour to raise 2 degrees from room temp 20c to 22c when I set it super high like 35c go get it going. Developer says this is expected. Seems useless.
Also, can anyone use both their dishwasher drawers at once? Mine trips the breaker every time.

Heated floors in the bathrooms are essentially designed for those with a regular work schedule and who shower at regular times and are therefore normally on timers. It is not something that can quickly and easily warm up on the spot. The temperature that you set it at also has no impact on how fast it heats up. In our home, it is a welcome treat to come into the bathroom with toasty floor on winter mornings but it is a poor way of heating the home. We only use it sparingly.

#2025 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 March 2021 - 10:11 AM

Can't speak to the dishwasher but those have always seemed gimmicky to me.  If going for a luxury brand appliance, they should have used a Miele.

Anyway, as for the tile floor, they're usually slow.  Concrete and tile take a long time to warm up.  I usually set my kitchen floor to 24-25 and leave it there as it seems nearly pointless to use the timer to warm it up in the morning.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2026 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 March 2021 - 10:20 AM

Dr. Google seems to indicate the patch panel need to be connected to a switch (currently missing) which is then connected to the modem.

Thought I'd ask here.

You need a switch :)

• Birdhouse24 likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#2027 Birdhouse24

Birdhouse24
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 10:34 AM

You need a switch :)

Thanks! Hoping they just forgot to install it, unless I'm expected to source my own I guess...!  (But would have expected them to tell me that 2 weeks ago when I sent them the picture, if that's the case! haha)

Cheers

#2028 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 March 2021 - 10:43 AM

Thanks! Hoping they just forgot to install it, unless I'm expected to source my own I guess...!  (But would have expected them to tell me that 2 weeks ago when I sent them the picture, if that's the case! haha)

Cheers

You'd have to check to see what others got, but it's more likely that you'd be expected to install your own.  

That said, the photo doesn't show the back of the fiber modem.  Do you have 4 yellow network ports?  If so, that should act as the switch and you'll just need patch cables to connect those to the patch panel to liven up those data ports.

• Birdhouse24 likes this

#2029 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 10:53 AM

Thanks for the info about the heated floors!

As for the networking, all my wall outlets work. The router plugs into 1, 2, or 3 (for my 3 outlets) and then that connects whatever is on the other side to the router.
Here is a photo, keep in mind my Telus router is in bridge mode and my actual router is below.
65CBA265-DB1F-4CDD-982E-1ED98E8E2D55.jpeg

Edited by Moxuz, 26 March 2021 - 10:55 AM.

• Birdhouse24 likes this

#2030 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 10:54 AM

@Moxuz - I'll run a test w/ both dishwashers by tomorrow and let you know

Any current residents able to send me a picture of the inside of their data closet/patch panel?
The issue is all data ports in all rooms are dead, and I have been waiting on the developer for a couple of weeks w/o ETA.

Pic: https://imgur.com/a/aFT0Ant
The 2 cables into my Telus modem right now are the hubs for the lights and the window shades. 
All my network cables (blue) are linked to the primex panel. 
Thought I'd ask here.

Have you put an Ethernet cable from the Primex slot to the router?

#2031 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 11:01 AM

Sounds like the internet cable was crosswired. The good news is the bathroom floor now gets 50 Mbps.

• Mike K., zoomer, Nparker and 7 others like this

#2032 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,343 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 11:05 AM

^Knowing you I'm surprised you haven't recommended wiring the heated bathroom floor into overdrive so you can griddle pancakes there while you shower.

the key is when you move into a new place upgrade all the breaker switches with 80 amp models. they will never trip again.

#2033 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 11:17 AM

the key is when you move into a new place upgrade all the breaker switches with 80 amp models. they will never trip again.

My dishwasher is only 15!! It’s always the ARC that trips I think that means some sort of leakage??

#2034 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,343 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 11:21 AM

I’m not qualified to answer.

plus I’m busy working on that suez situation.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 26 March 2021 - 11:22 AM.

• Matt R. and Moxuz like this

#2035 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 March 2021 - 11:48 AM

My dishwasher is only 15!! It’s always the ARC that trips I think that means some sort of leakage??

Ugh.  Some salesman for Square D must have had a good pitch when he insisted everyone would be safer with arc fault breakers everywhere

#2036 Birdhouse24

Birdhouse24
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 12:51 PM

Thanks everyone, for all the networky info and pic.

I'll pick up an 8-10 port switch and connect it to the Telus box, I think that will solve it.

Time to spend a small fortune on nine cat6 cables.

#2037 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 01:24 PM

Thanks everyone, for all the networky info and pic.
I'll pick up an 8-10 port switch and connect it to the Telus box, I think that will solve it.

Are you using all nine ports? Otherwise I think the Telus router has 4-5 open ports so you could do without the switch. Also you could save money with CAT5e if you want!

Edit: ah I see you have a couple already used

Edited by Moxuz, 26 March 2021 - 01:35 PM.

#2038 phx

phx
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 02:30 PM

You don’t need to spend a fortune.  There is no point buying premium quality cables in this situation. 

• Moxuz likes this

#2039 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 March 2021 - 03:06 PM

You mean you don't need to spend $500 on a network cable?

https://www.cnet.com...ethernet-cable/

#2040 Birdhouse24

Birdhouse24
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 04:41 PM

Hey now, I have worked at Future shop, the cable comment was in jest.

Moxuz, I ran both dishwashers simultaneously on Rinse for 20 mins without tripping a breaker. Also, not expecting to use all 8 ports simultaneously but if I need to root around in there everytime the wife or kid want to plug into a new data port, I'll go insane. Sadly London drugs had phantom stock so Bezos is going to make more money from me tonight.
  • Mike K. and Moxuz like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users