BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#2081 ollivier1

ollivier1
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 06:04 PM

We are doing our walkthru this week in the south building. Question: how many people brought their realtor or someone else with them for a sanity check?

This is our first pre-sale and I want to make sure we aren't missing anything.

Thanks!

#2082 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 09:40 AM

We are doing our walkthru this week in the south building. Question: how many people brought their realtor or someone else with them for a sanity check?

This is our first pre-sale and I want to make sure we aren't missing anything.

Thanks!

I went myself but I didnt use a realtor for this purchase - if you have one then I’d say its probably worth it to bring them

• Mike K. and ollivier1 like this

#2083 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 02:24 PM

If I bought with an agent, I would ask that my agent accompany me on the walk-through, for sure.

• ollivier1 likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2084 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 01:30 PM

Looks like the top floor of south building is open, there’s an outdoor shower! Probably for the sauna?
  • Mike K. likes this

#2085 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 08:59 AM

Hi guys,
Has anyone heard any updates regarding the south building?
We have not received any email or letter regarding our walk-through.

#2086 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 09:05 AM

Hi guys,
Has anyone heard any updates regarding the south building?
We have not received any email or letter regarding our walk-through.

we got this message when we asked last week: "You will be contacted by our Anne Greenhough for the walk through. (This will be subsequent to a final completion item for your suite which is on back-order and expected imminently).

We expect to issue the Closing Notice later this month, which will outline the process and timing for completion.

#2087 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 11:46 AM

we got this message when we asked last week: "You will be contacted by our Anne Greenhough for the walk through. (This will be subsequent to a final completion item for your suite which is on back-order and expected imminently).

We expect to issue the Closing Notice later this month, which will outline the process and timing for completion.

Thank you, so basically we have to wait to Anna call or email us.

#2088 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 12:58 PM

Anyone have knowledge on what the developer said about EV charging? I found one Flo Level 2 charger in the lowest parkade level, but it seems to be specifically for someones parking spot. It’s a regular numbered spot and there’s an EV parked there even when not charging. Pretty dope for this person if it’s specifically theirs but bit weird if it isn’t shared?

#2089 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 01:45 PM

Anyone have knowledge on what the developer said about EV charging? I found one Flo Level 2 charger in the lowest parkade level, but it seems to be specifically for someones parking spot. It’s a regular numbered spot and there’s an EV parked there even when not charging. Pretty dope for this person if it’s specifically theirs but bit weird if it isn’t shared?

Pretty sure it's specifically theirs, my realtor mentioned that someone was able to get a charger installed. I tried to get one installed as well, but I guess I thought about it too late in the development process as the developer said I'd need to go through the strata to get it installed.

I thought I remembered reading something about there being a shared charger somewhere too, but maybe not?

Edited by scotto203, 18 April 2021 - 01:49 PM.

• Moxuz likes this

#2090 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 05:41 PM

We specified in a contract amendment that we were to get a private level 2 charger (at an extra charge). At the time, we were told that we were the only one to have requested this option. We were told that only a few parking spots were able to be set up for private chargers as they needed access to the power lines. Our unit in the South building is however not yet ready, so it could be that somebody has decided to use "our" spot or perhaps somebody else later also requested a charger. The builder did however state that a public charger would be available in the public parking area for residents.

• Moxuz likes this

#2091 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 05:56 PM

Definitely is super cool to have your own one, good job requesting that I didn’t know they’d do that! The building definitely needs a shared one though. Makes more sense to me to have two or three for a lot of people versus everyone trying to get their own haha, especially because of the power line requirements. As far as I’ve seen in the entire parkade there is only the one private one that I assume is yours. Also haven’t seen any space they *could* add one, unless some of the numbered stalls aren’t sold. I guess they could always make one or two of the visitor stalls visitor + EV in the future. That would make sense

#2092 Birdhouse24

Birdhouse24
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 02:58 PM

Paint colours for all! *insert Oprah meme here*

https://imgur.com/a/7fA3HNK

Edited by Birdhouse24, 19 April 2021 - 02:58 PM.

• Moxuz, kitty surprise and Victoria Watcher like this

#2093 Jenny

Jenny
  • 10 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 19 April 2021 - 04:27 PM

Just letting everyone know that my partner and I (on the 3rd floor) got our inspection notice today and are going to see out unit tomorrow :) We are in a 'O' Junior 2 bed! Will update if we get an idea of move in date, Cheers!

• Mike K., kitty surprise, Victoria Watcher and 1 other like this

#2094 ollivier1

ollivier1
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 04:30 PM

Anyone change out the window latches yet?  We did our south walkthru last friday and it looks like the latches will interfere with the blinds ( poke out a bit with the blinds down.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#2095 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 04:30 PM

Just letting everyone know that my partner and I (on the 3rd floor) got our inspection notice today and are going to see out unit tomorrow :) We are in a 'O' Junior 2 bed! Will update if we get an idea of move in date, Cheers!

Congrats. Post pics!
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#2096 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 04:36 PM

congrats.

#2097 kitty surprise

kitty surprise
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 04:44 PM

Don't recall seeing one posted, here's the Water theme bathroom.

Attached Images

• IMG_3456.jpg

• Mike K., Nparker, grantpalin and 2 others like this

#2098 Ptarmigan69

Ptarmigan69
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 08:07 AM

Hello!

Long time watcher of this forum but my first time posting. I received my letter yesterday regarding my inspection and am excited to see my condo unit. One question I have is regarding the 10% return on our down payment that was promised by the developer. Does anyone know if this is still being honoured? 

Thank you, 

Chad

#2099 Birdhouse24

Birdhouse24
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 08:50 AM

Anyone change out the window latches yet?  We did our south walkthru last friday and it looks like the latches will interfere with the blinds ( poke out a bit with the blinds down.

Yes - we found the right sized universal ones in Home Depot (Shelbourne) hanging on an end-cap, but they were a light coppery tone instead of the brushed silver.  They must have been super old stock, a good coating of dust on the boxes haha.

The universal ones we ordered from Amazon were not a good fit. 

Edit: I think this one is quite similar but I'm unsure if we ended up with the same brand:

https://www.homedepo...ack-/1000436014

Edited by Birdhouse24, 20 April 2021 - 08:54 AM.

• ollivier1 likes this

#2100 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 10:00 AM

congrats.

post some pictures and let us know if you find any specific issue.

We are in 4th floor(south) and in 'E' Junior 2 bed! 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users