BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#2121 Jenny

Jenny
  • 10 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 20 April 2021 - 08:30 PM

I forget to mansion:

You said they are checking with developer regarding appliances size but as you walkthrough with Anna and she is the interior designer, she has to know about it.

Did you ask her?

I'll PM you some more info! :)

#2122 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 09:04 PM

Will the existing kitchen counter even accommodate full size appliances, If not this is a rather big deal in my mind. 

• Moxuz and Birdhouse24 like this

#2123 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 10:07 PM

Will the existing kitchen counter even accommodate full size appliances, If not this is a rather big deal in my mind. 

If the sizes are not the same as the time of purchase, developer is responsible to change kitchen countertop to fit new appliances.

Edited by Mary_s, 20 April 2021 - 10:12 PM.

#2124 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 07:40 AM

Wow, looking at my kitchen here the entire countertop would be changed, all the cupboards because of the new oven size, the overhead range, and all the cupboards above because of the range size. Also if the fridge needs to be bigger, and the floor plan puts it in a corner like it does, everything else has to be moved too. So they would have to re do the entire kitchen which I think someone mentioned

#2125 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 08:52 AM

Wow, looking at my kitchen here the entire countertop would be changed, all the cupboards because of the new oven size, the overhead range, and all the cupboards above because of the range size. Also if the fridge needs to be bigger, and the floor plan puts it in a corner like it does, everything else has to be moved too. So they would have to re do the entire kitchen which I think someone mentioned

Moxuz,I think if you have 24" oven and cook top and refrigerator, you do not have any problems as per the form that you sent.

I think the change is reflected to most junior 2 bedrooms and 2 bedrooms unites.

Attached Images

• post-3867-0-66226200-1618972429.jpeg

• Moxuz likes this

#2126 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:29 AM

Moxuz,I think if you have 24" oven and cook top and refrigerator, you do not have any problems as per the form that you sent.

I think the change is reflected to most junior 2 bedrooms and 2 bedrooms unites.

Oh yeah absolutely, my kitchen is exactly as it should be! Just thinking for someone who got the wrong appliance sizes about how everything would have to be changed.

#2127 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:32 AM

Oh yeah absolutely, my kitchen is exactly as it should be! Just thinking for someone who got the wrong appliance sizes about how everything would have to be changed.

ooh I see  :redface:

#2128 VanIsleArnold

VanIsleArnold
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 10:28 AM

How many units in the North building have been occupied now?

#2129 VanIsleArnold

VanIsleArnold
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 02:04 PM

My floor plan doesn't have any appliances listed, it just says "kitchen" I hope that doesn't mean I`m on my own!

• Moxuz likes this

#2130 gmbouvier

gmbouvier
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 08:53 AM

Hello. :)

We're living in the north building. Appreciate all the info and discussion in this thread. Thanks to the contributors.

I wanted to share this image I took of the full moon from the rooftop last night.
There is a great horizon view from up there, the moon was visible only 1 or 2 degrees above the horizon.

During daylight, the rooftop views are fantastic, and you can see far in most directions.
Port Angeles and the water is visible in the South (the city lights are easy to see at night), there are great views of Craigdarroch Castle and Camosack Manor in the East, Mount Doug to the north, the Dominion Observatory to the North-West, and where you can see through downtown buildings one can easily spot hilltops from Goldstream and Metchosin.

supermoon79.jpg

• Nparker, lanforod, grantpalin and 2 others like this

#2131 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,474 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 09:00 AM

Wow! First post, and you bring gifts!

NICE.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2132 Birdhouse24

Birdhouse24
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 10:01 AM

Inspired by gmbouvier's post, here's one from circa Apr 18, around 8 or 8:30pm using NightSight on my phone

It's a picture of the inner courtyard of our buildings.  I was positioned at the North and facing the South, while grilling something up on the BBQ!  Very serene

Attached Images

• zPXL_20210418_034446318.NIGHT.jpg

• Nparker, grantpalin and gmbouvier like this

#2133 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 11:43 AM

According to my realtor, the occupancy permit for the South building was granted last Friday. I haven't heard anything from the developer regarding closing dates yet, but I imagine notices will be sent out soon.

Edited by scotto203, 27 April 2021 - 11:43 AM.

• Moxuz likes this

#2134 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 02:02 PM

Yeah looks like the PM from Proline sent out the occupancy approval details you mentioned by email. Also ran into the developer today and he mentioned exercise room will be a bit longer, the flooring is delayed apparently

#2135 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,474 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 02:07 PM

Looking great!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2136 notglutenfree

notglutenfree
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 03:17 PM

Hey all, thanks for all the great photos and updates :). Wondering if anyone on the 4th floor in the South building has recieved any walk through times yet? Havnt heard anything myself, just wondering if the occupancy permit was indeed issued, should be all done right?

Thanks!

#2137 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 04:10 PM

According to my realtor, the occupancy permit for the South building was granted last Friday. I haven't heard anything from the developer regarding closing dates yet, but I imagine notices will be sent out soon.

We haven't got any email from developer yet regarding our walk-through.

I think we are the last unit to go to walk-through  :1954_dancing:  :1954_dancing:  :1954_dancing:  :)  :)  :)  ;)  ;)  ;)

#2138 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 04:11 PM

Hello. :)

We're living in the north building. Appreciate all the info and discussion in this thread. Thanks to the contributors.

I wanted to share this image I took of the full moon from the rooftop last night.
There is a great horizon view from up there, the moon was visible only 1 or 2 degrees above the horizon.

During daylight, the rooftop views are fantastic, and you can see far in most directions.
Port Angeles and the water is visible in the South (the city lights are easy to see at night), there are great views of Craigdarroch Castle and Camosack Manor in the East, Mount Doug to the north, the Dominion Observatory to the North-West, and where you can see through downtown buildings one can easily spot hilltops from Goldstream and Metchosin.

attachicon.gif supermoon79.jpg

Nice picture  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

#2139 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 04:26 PM

We haven't got any email from developer yet regarding our walk-through.

I think we are the last unit to go to walk-through  :1954_dancing:  :1954_dancing:  :1954_dancing:  :)  :)  :)  ;)  ;)  ;)

We were told that the flooring for our unit was back-ordered and we have not been called for a walk-through either.

• Mary_s likes this

#2140 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 06:34 PM

Hey all, thanks for all the great photos and updates :). Wondering if anyone on the 4th floor in the South building has recieved any walk through times yet? Havnt heard anything myself, just wondering if the occupancy permit was indeed issued, should be all done right?

Thanks!

Hi,

We are in 4th floor in South building and we have not received any letter and email regarding walk-through.But somebody mentioned that occupancy permit has been issued last Friday.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users