BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#2141 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 06:36 PM

We were told that the flooring for our unit was back-ordered and we have not been called for a walk-through either.

I think most units in 4th floor are not ready yet.

• Moxuz likes this

#2142 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 08:43 AM

We were told that the flooring for our unit was back-ordered and we have not been called for a walk-through either.

Interesting, I always assumed that all the units would have to have been finished before occupancy was granted, but admittedly I don't know much about the process.

#2143 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,294 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 12:24 PM

any interactions with Levi anyone?

#2144 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 April 2021 - 12:59 PM

any interactions with Levi anyone?

Come on now, everyone knows you don't get to interact with famous stars.  They probably come and go in disguise.  

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2145 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 07:50 AM

Interesting, I always assumed that all the units would have to have been finished before occupancy was granted, but admittedly I don't know much about the process.

Yeah I guess it’s more of a safety check and not if each unit’s backsplash is up to code 😂

Edited by Moxuz, 29 April 2021 - 07:50 AM.

• scotto203 likes this

#2146 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 April 2021 - 08:10 AM

So basically no cabinetry, trim, etc.. has been installed?  

On the plus side, good time to ask they install radiant heating before the top goes on ;)

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#2147 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 08:12 AM

Any possibility of upgrading to better flooring that's in stock?

#2148 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 April 2021 - 08:27 AM

Any possibility of upgrading to better flooring that's in stock?

I feel like developers are sticklers for sticking with what's in the package.  Customizations seem few and far between.

#2149 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 08:37 AM

It can get mighty complicated if you have 100-units with custom interiors. You also price the project with economies of scale, and the more variety in the finishings the higher the square footage cost.
  • Moxuz likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2150 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 08:45 AM

I see. In my business there's been so many long-term backorders leading to cancellations and changes for similar items that are in stock; there's been more swapping than a Utah swingers club.

• sebberry likes this

#2151 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 April 2021 - 09:03 AM

It can get mighty complicated if you have 100-units with custom interiors. You also price the project with economies of scale, and the more variety in the finishings the higher the square footage cost.

Makes sense and I suppose the design is the creative work of a designer who has put effort into coming up with something nice.  That said, knowing that practically every other suite in the building is the same as yours is a bit too conformist for me.

#2152 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 09:13 AM

There's nothing stopping a purchaser from negotiating an unfinished suite with the developer, I suppose. They'd probably be fine with that but that also adds a lot of complexity for the purchaser who might not realize just how expensive custom finishings are. The labour alone is huge, and for what the developer could get done for $10k the homebuyer will spend $35k.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2153 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 05:38 PM

I received my closing notice today, so it looks like I'll be taking possession by May 14th. Judging by the email, it's only for second floor units at this time.

Owners in the North building, were you given any information from the developer about the strata insurance? More specifically, what the deductible is? I'll need to start looking at condo insurance and want to make sure I get enough coverage.

#2154 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 08:00 AM

I received my closing notice today, so it looks like I'll be taking possession by May 14th. Judging by the email, it's only for second floor units at this time.

Owners in the North building, were you given any information from the developer about the strata insurance? More specifically, what the deductible is? I'll need to start looking at condo insurance and want to make sure I get enough coverage.

Yea, there is an insurance binder. The documents sent to your lawyer during closing will have Proline’s info and they gave me the insurance details. I’ll DM you too
  • scotto203 likes this

#2155 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 03:53 PM

Decided to read my Dishwashers QuickStart guide - “absolutely do not put liquid detergent in the detergent tray” .. whoops!
Also, my dryer has this type of duct - I thought this was dangerous and a rigid duct was preferred? Anyone know?
Edit: my googling says this is fine for ducts that are not inside a wall 👌

C9E7ADD2-9507-4A4A-B07C-7C5C9B6B2983.jpeg

Edited by Moxuz, 02 May 2021 - 03:54 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

#2156 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 05:11 PM

Decided to read my Dishwashers QuickStart guide - “absolutely do not put liquid detergent in the detergent tray” .. whoops!
Also, my dryer has this type of duct - I thought this was dangerous and a rigid duct was preferred? Anyone know?
Edit: my googling says this is fine for ducts that are not inside a wall

The duct should be fastened on both sides with a metal band. I see the one on one side but not on the other side. These ducts are fine but can be a bit more difficult to clean

• Moxuz and Birdhouse24 like this

#2157 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 05:47 PM

The secondary lint trap atop the dryer keeps it from getting dirty. Be sure to keep that clean and you’re good.
  • Moxuz likes this

Know it all.

#2158 VanIsleArnold

VanIsleArnold
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 12:40 PM

I feel like I`m dreaming...I have a walk through tomorrow!

• Mike K. and kitty surprise like this

#2159 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 12:41 PM

What floor?

#2160 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 03:18 PM

:D  :D  :D

you are so lucky, ;) 

We are still waiting..... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

By the way, which floor are you?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users