BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#2181 Birdhouse24

Birdhouse24
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 04:08 PM

I think my neighbour is close to getting the 3-fire-alarms-per-day award
(**** post)

We randomly set ours off once a week.  Nothing like cooking with a healthy dose of paranoia! 

I will say though - we came from an electric stove in the old place, and seared stuff regularly, with the same Kidde (?) alarms.  On the new stove at the Wade, we are now more careful with how much heat is applied at the gas stove.  We cook a lot, so it definitely baffles us when we are cooking something on low and the fire alarm goes off.  Learning as we go.  First week we set it off like 3-4 times.  Now 5+ weeks later, it's once a week.  PROGRESS!

• Mike K. likes this

#2182 Birdhouse24

Birdhouse24
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 04:11 PM

Hi guys,

Our walk-through is on Friday May 14 so I just want to ask if you have seen any specific problem during your walk-thorough.

I appreciate if you have any other suggestion that helps us.

Thank you

To add to what Mike said, I would also suggest checking that the carpet is tacked down properly along the thresholds of the doorways, that your balcony door is sealing properly, and lastly, when you get your keys, to make sure that you test them all as there were some earlier stories of peoples' locks failing (?)... Going off memory here.  :)    Congratulations!

• Mike K., Moxuz, Victoria Watcher and 1 other like this

#2183 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 04:46 PM

Also, ask Anne for guidance. She's walked through nearly a 100 suites and knows what to look for. And don't feel rushed, either. Take your time.

I would never suggest that you ask Anne for guidance. She is an employee of Amadon-Westwater and therefore anything but impartial and she has no incentive whatsoever to help you out. In fact, just the opposite is true. Given the record of Amadon-Westwater when it comes to truthfulness, I would suggest that you not take a single word given by any person from Amadon-Westwater as being truthful or reliable. Make sure everything is in writing and even then doubt what they tell you.

• xPETEx, Jenny and VanIsleArnold like this

#2184 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,474 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 04:51 PM

You do you, City.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2185 xPETEx

xPETEx
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 05:01 PM

I would never suggest that you ask Anne for guidance. She is an employee of Amadon-Westwater and therefore anything but impartial and she has no incentive whatsoever to help you out. In fact, just the opposite is true. Given the record of Amadon-Westwater when it comes to truthfulness, I would suggest that you not take a single word given by any person from Amadon-Westwater as being truthful or reliable. Make sure everything is in writing and even then doubt what they tell you.

I agree completely. She was very unhelpful when we did our walkthrough. Bordering on incompetent. But I’m pretty sure it’s on purpose.
  • ollivier1 and VanIsleArnold like this

#2186 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,474 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 05:11 PM

I found Anne to be very accommodating and helpful, and extra patient as I took my time to look around, check and double check everything. The couple of things I asked to be addressed were noted on the sheet, and that was that.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2187 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 06:55 AM

I found Anne to be very accommodating and helpful, and extra patient as I took my time to look around, check and double check everything. The couple of things I asked to be addressed were noted on the sheet, and that was that.

It was pretty much that for my walkthrough too

#2188 kitty surprise

kitty surprise
  • 407 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:22 AM

I agree completely. She was very unhelpful when we did our walkthrough. Bordering on incompetent. But I’m pretty sure it’s on purpose.

Maybe to share my experience for the benefit of others, I found a general unwillingness - bordering on evasiveness - when trying to get specificity. Friendly, quick to respond, but when dealing with customers virtually, clarity and specificity are a must. Otherwise trust is lost. But, appreciation and mad props for that hallway carpet!

#2189 VanIsleArnold

VanIsleArnold
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 02:22 PM

Keys in hand!

Howdy, neighbours!!

I`ll be on the rooftop around 7:30 for a bevy looking at that amazing view of the mountains!

Edited by VanIsleArnold, 14 May 2021 - 02:22 PM.

• Mike K., Moxuz and Victoria Watcher like this

#2190 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,474 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 02:38 PM

Congratulations!

Know it all.

#2191 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 07:48 AM

Hi guys,

We did our walkthrough yesterday (photo in dropbox link).
We were told that we are not able to inspect the appliances like a dishwasher or a washer/dryer and everything has a warranty and if anything happens, they will fix it. 
 Otherwise, there were just some cases are related to scratches on walls, floors, and doors.
The weird part was whenever I find something on walls or doors, Anne told me that there is an inspection guide that if you could not be able to see the scratch with a normal eye from a 6' distance, then it is not counted as a scratch. 
I told her, sorry for my eyes but I can see it even from a 6' distance. :1954_dancing:  :D  :D  :P  :P  :1954_dancing:

Our floor plan is type E with Earth selection in both the kitchen and bathroom.

Edited by Mary_s, 15 May 2021 - 07:50 AM.

• Mike K. and Birdhouse24 like this

#2192 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 08:17 AM

How are you supposed to know if the electrical is even hooked to the dishwasher if you can not turn it on. Why dont they just give you a set of gloves to wear which is more than the building crews use. 

• Mary_s likes this

#2193 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 08:52 AM

^^ Thanks for the link to your photos. It’s always good to keep up with the trends these days.
  • Mary_s likes this

#2194 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,860 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 09:04 AM

^^ Thanks for the link to your photos. It’s always good to keep up with the trends these days.

yes.  that is a fine set of photos.  :cheers:

• Mary_s likes this

#2195 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 09:24 AM

How are you supposed to know if the electrical is even hooked to the dishwasher if you can not turn it on. Why dont they just give you a set of gloves to wear which is more than the building crews use. 

I know what you said but she told us that we can not check it also she called David and asked him and he told that today is not for inspection of dishwasher and dryer. 

To be honest I just wanted to finish it and I was sick of thinking about what is right or what is wrong.

#2196 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 09:25 AM

your welcome

#2197 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 09:26 AM

yes.  that is a fine set of photos.  :cheers:

Thank you

#2198 anonymous456

anonymous456
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 12:58 PM

A small tip for the garden plots up top - the soil definitely needs a bit of compost mixed in, we've noticed some nutrient warning signs on some of the plants 

• Mike K. likes this

#2199 ollivier1

ollivier1
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 05:33 PM

I can see the cleaning crews going through 3rd floor units - 4th floor units still full of garbage and materials. Maybe some are ready.
Also - some lucky 2nd floor unit got an over range microwave!!!!! I thought the developer was opposed. Maybe installés after walk through by a contractor?

that's us. We asked for it to be done when we signed. It cost a little extra but we hope it will be worth it.

• Moxuz and Birdhouse24 like this

#2200 ollivier1

ollivier1
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 08:16 PM

that's us. We asked for it to be done when we signed. It cost a little extra but we hope it will be worth it.

Edited by ollivier1, 16 May 2021 - 08:18 PM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users