BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#2401 freedom_2008

freedom_2008
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 06:36 PM

Got our keys last week and set to move in early next week (the south building).  We reserved an U-Haul 9' cargo van with a height of 7'2".  Does anyone know our garage clearance height and the garage gates heights?  Hopefully they are higher than 7'2" so we can park the van in our parking space for the move. 

Also how and with whom can we to book the elevator in the south building for our moving, is it Paul Merrien or someone else?  

Thanks!

Edited by freedom_2008, 19 July 2021 - 06:40 PM.

#2402 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 10:16 PM

Got our keys last week and set to move in early next week (the south building).  We reserved an U-Haul 9' cargo van with a height of 7'2".  Does anyone know our garage clearance height and the garage gates heights?  Hopefully they are higher than 7'2" so we can park the van in our parking space for the move. 

Also how and with whom can we to book the elevator in the south building for our moving, is it Paul Merrien or someone else?  

Thanks!

I'm not sure where your unit is located within the building, but you should be aware that the company that staged our unit for sale on the second floor said it was much much easier to simply park on the Pandora side, walk through the courtyard gate and up one of the stairwells. They said the elevator is too small for many items and that navigating the narrow hallways was very difficult and they preferred going up the stairs.

• freedom_2008 likes this

#2403 freedom_2008

freedom_2008
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:01 AM

I'm not sure where your unit is located within the building, but you should be aware that the company that staged our unit for sale on the second floor said it was much much easier to simply park on the Pandora side, walk through the courtyard gate and up one of the stairwells. They said the elevator is too small for many items and that navigating the narrow hallways was very difficult and they preferred going up the stairs.

Thanks.  Just heard back from the building manager, the height i only 6'6".  So loading zone in front of 1105 Pandora and dolly it is.  But our unit is on the elevator side, so we will take the elevator and will book the bigger one (on the right side).  

#2404 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,867 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 11:26 AM

A new urgent and primary care centre is open in downtown Victoria, B.C. Health Minister Adrian Dix announced Wednesday.

The centre opened on July 19 near the corner of Pandora and Cook streets.

Urgent and primary care centres (UPCC) provide medical services for urgent needs that require medical treatment within 24 hours, such as minor cuts or burns, sprains, ear infections or urinary problems.

https://vancouverisl...toria-1.5517635

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 21 July 2021 - 11:26 AM.

#2405 freedom_2008

freedom_2008
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 02:47 PM

A new urgent and primary care centre is open in downtown Victoria, B.C. Health Minister Adrian Dix announced Wednesday.

Urgent and primary care centres (UPCC) provide medical services for urgent needs that require medical treatment within 24 hours, such as minor cuts or burns, sprains, ear infections or urinary problems.

https://vancouverisl...toria-1.5517635

Victoria does need UPCCs, due to severe family doctor shortage. Also a continuation of the old medical building.     

#2406 kitty surprise

kitty surprise
  • 407 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 02:48 PM

CFAX tweeted this photo

Attached Images

• E610QyRUYAYd4t9.jpeg

#2407 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 22 July 2021 - 06:54 AM

Conveniently located close to Our Place as well. That should alleviate some of the emergency demand that gets backed up at Jubilee, or worse yet, remains untreated.
  • Moxuz and freedom_2008 like this

#2408 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 09:58 AM

Maybe it is time to stop building more condos until we can figure out how to get more GPs. 

• Sparky likes this

#2409 KdogK

KdogK
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 11:11 AM

Interesting its called the Downtown Primary care center . Looks like Fernwood's border push is going to eventually go through!

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#2410 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,867 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 11:14 AM

the yates and quadra (near london drugs) one will close soon so i guess it's a wash.

#2411 Wadeowner

Wadeowner
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 01:36 PM

So I had gone through the official process of asking if we are allowed to install a keyless pad on our unit doors. I thought this was just being overly cautious. However, I just got an email saying the matter was considered by stata council and such an alteration with a keyless pad was deemed to be a contravention of the strata bylaw. So much for that plan. Just thought I would share.

Edited by Wadeowner, 28 July 2021 - 01:42 PM.

#2412 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 July 2021 - 01:41 PM

So I had gone through the official process of asking if we are allowed to install a keyless pad on our unit doors. I thought this was just being overly cautious. However, I just got an email saying the matter was considered by council and such an alteration of a keyless pad was deemed to be a contravention of the strata bylaw. Just thought I would share.

What strata bylaw did they cite in determining such an alteration would be a contravention?  

• Wadeowner likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2413 Wadeowner

Wadeowner
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 01:47 PM

They didn't quote one as such...

#2414 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 July 2021 - 01:51 PM

If you're familiar with your bylaws and you don't feel it would be a contravention, change it.  It's on them to demonstrate how it is a contravention should they wish to pursue bylaw enforcement.

You're 100% within your right to change your lock.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#2415 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 01:57 PM

Yup. Ask the council to cite the bylaw that prohibits you from undertaking this change.

Don't forget this is a new council and they are green. I don't think more than one or two have had any council experience let alone proficiency in interpreting bylaws. 

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2416 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,867 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 02:04 PM

Get that Levi YouTube guy on your side!

#2417 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 03:54 PM

The outside of the unit door is common property so you're not allowed to alter it. The strata isn't required to give a reason.

The only exception I've seen is the human rights code overriding and allowing the installation of mezuzahs.
  • Vicrazy and freedom_2008 like this

#2418 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 04:09 PM

Weird. Every strata communication I've seen where a decision was rendered a bylaw was cited in support of the decision.

I can see uniformity of CP being the reason here, but they should state that it is (education goes a lot further, I think, and cuts down on strata work over the long term).

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2419 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 05:31 PM

Obtain approval before altering common property
6 (1)An owner must obtain the written approval of the strata corporation before making an alteration to common property, including limited common property, or common assets.

That's from the standard bylaws.

If someone asks to build a duck pond in the lobby, does the strata council really have to say anything other than "no". Typically if a reason provided then people will proceed to argue about the reason.

#2420 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 July 2021 - 05:32 PM

The outside of the unit door is common property so you're not allowed to alter it. The strata isn't required to give a reason.

Consult the strata plan docs.  It can get complicated, but generally the strata lot boundary is the midway point of a wall dividing the strata lot and common property.  Most in-swing doors I've seen are installed such that they're on the strata lot side of the wall.  

https://www.choa.bc....Strata-Plan.pdf

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (3)