BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#361 manuel

manuel
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:48 PM

Technically the water did relax as it flowed from an area of high soil and main pressure into the swimming pool....
"I know nothing"

#362 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:29 PM

Technically the water did relax as it flowed from an area of high soil and main pressure into the swimming pool....

Good point!  Where was the muddy water flowing to from the pumps in the bottom of the excavation?

post-1484-0-16807000-1513626266.jpg

#363 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:31 PM

Today

IMG_8533.JPG

IMG_8538.JPG

IMG_8540.JPG

IMG_8541.JPG

Broken pipes in there

IMG_8542.JPG

Water out or in?

IMG_8536.JPG

SW corner of top of hole

IMG_8532.JPG

#364 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

As of today...

IMG_8610.JPG

#365 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

So is the developer responsible for fixing this collapse? Or is the idea that it won’t be fixed until they reach ground level with the underground? How long until this is fixed?

Johnson Street in the evening rush is an absolute mess these days. Far worse than anything on Fort Street at the moment.

Never a good thing when your two major eastbound arteries out of downtown are both facing serious gridlock.

#366 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:37 PM

I don't know, but it involves quite a few pieces of a puzzle, that's for sure.

You've got the city, you've got the developer, you've got the excavator, the contractor, the utility company (can't tell if its hydro or telus), and then layers of insurance.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#367 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:52 PM

...You've got the city, you've got the developer, you've got the excavator, the contractor, the utility company (can't tell if its hydro or telus), and then layers of insurance.

How about the tree? Whose looking out for its interests?

#368 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:18 PM

Every time I talk to people who would know I forget to ask.  Still not sure if its the City or the shoring contractor, but I suspect everyone will be tight lipped about it, just like the sagging floors at the RJH Patient Care Centre where I tried for almost a year to get a straight answer

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#369 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:34 PM

Oh yeah, the ole sagging floors at the RJH.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#370 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:20 AM

Sold out!
  • Nparker and kitty surprise like this

Know it all.

#371 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:11 AM

Any idea when work will resume in the "pit" - or has it started again already?

#372 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

So apparently the date in which an apartment may legally be occupied has now officially been moved to some time between May and June 2019.

The Developer furthermore has commitments to the City of Victoria to effect sidewalk and boulevard improvements adjacent to the lands (likely in conjunction with the collapse of December).

#373 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:40 PM

So apparently the date in which an apartment may legally be occupied has now officially been moved to some time between May and June 2019.

The Developer furthermore has commitments to the City of Victoria to effect sidewalk and boulevard improvements adjacent to the lands (likely in conjunction with the collapse of December).

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "an apartment may legally be occupied?" I've never heard of that phrase used to describe occupancy. Is that what you mean, the anticipated occupancy date?

The commitments to the CoV stem from an agreement in place at the time of project approvals, not the retaining wall collapse. Sidewalk improvements and streetscape improvements adjacent to a construction site's location are typically required with every project, and you'll see various stages of these improvements underway now around downtown (at 1515 Douglas/750 Pandora, Yello on Yates, etc.).

Know it all.

#374 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:40 PM

@Kingpin, please check your private messages.

• Promontory Kingpin likes this

Know it all.

#375 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:03 PM

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "an apartment may legally be occupied?" I've never heard of that phrase used to describe occupancy. Is that what you mean, the anticipated occupancy date?

The commitments to the CoV stem from an agreement in place at the time of project approvals, not the retaining wall collapse. Sidewalk improvements and streetscape improvements adjacent to a construction site's location are typically required with every project, and you'll see various stages of these improvements underway now around downtown (at 1515 Douglas/750 Pandora, Yello on Yates, etc.).

The wording about occupancy is the wording used by the Wade. They state between May 1 and July 31 2019, with a schedule which would presently point to May 31, 2019 for occupancy of residential units.

As far as the sidewalk improvement commitments, in November there were no commitments listed, so something happened between November and now, or else it points to sloppiness in preparing the prior documents.

• Mike K. likes this

#376 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:14 AM

The developer can predict a completion date but it seems weird to declare a legal occupation date. For one thing, I've never heard a developer say that, for another thing, it's not up to them to declare anything legal, for another thing, hardly any buildings are completed on time so you're just going to get your buyers riled up by carving dates in stone.

#377 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:20 AM

between May 1 and July 31 2019

...does not look like stone.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#378 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:43 AM

Every project has these dates. There has to be a date.

Janion had a completion window of over a year, if memory serves correct. It might have been even longer.

Know it all.

#379 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:47 AM

Ya, the disclosure requires a date.  Then it's often moved, that's just the way it is.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#380 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:49 AM

Especially in a market where labour is so tight.

Look at Jukebox. The sign still says move in by summer but we’re betting on winter 2019.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users