BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#401 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:23 AM

The construction schedule has been impacted. When they were selling units they originally said that completion was going to be in December 2018. Now they've sent out an email to everyone saying it will be May 31, 2019.

And they would have sent that out regardless. Can you point to a project that was completed exactly on the date that was first estimated when units first started selling?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#402 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

And they would have sent that out regardless. Can you point to a project that was completed exactly on the date that was first estimated when units first started selling?

No, I can't.

You said it would be likely be delayed until February. After the flood it has now become delayed to the end of May (and who knows if it will actually be complete then). I'm not saying it's the developers fault, but I am saying there is correlation between the broken water main and the project being pushed back an entire six months.

#403 tiger11

tiger11
  • 163 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:34 PM

No, I can't.

You said it would be likely be delayed until February. After the flood it has now become delayed to the end of May (and who knows if it will actually be complete then). I'm not saying it's the developers fault, but I am saying there is correlation between the broken water main and the project being pushed back an entire six months.

I don't think there is a way to justify a correlation in this situation without asking the developer. Just because there is a water main break that doesn't mean timelines are impacted by this variable. What if there was a water main burst in China, but at the same time the project became more delayed. Would that mean there was in fact a correlation between the two events? 

Sorry the stats classes have gotten to me! :blink:

#404 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:47 AM

There isn’t a non-wood frame project in this city that’s isn’t delayed by six or months or more. I think originally the completion date was by Christmas of this year, then it was February (I think?) and then it was the latest date.

Yesterday I received a note regarding a sales centre that will open April 1st. It was originally to open in December. That’s how backed up everything is.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#405 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:35 PM

^its not just non-wood framed projects that have been delayed, all the same tradesmen build them

#406 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,685 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:57 AM

The sunken tree has been removed from the area around the collapse.

#407 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:26 PM

Photos from Feb 23rd

Attached Images

• IMG_5034.jpg
  • IMG_5035.jpg
  • IMG_5037.jpg
  • IMG_5038.jpg

• kitty surprise likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#408 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,685 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:09 PM

So no replacement "shot crete" on the southern end of the excavation?

#409 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:28 AM

doesn't look like it, I would say they are going to do a traditional sloped excavation and probably poly it

#410 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:41 AM

They’re going to start building the parkade wall without re-shoring, is my understanding.

Know it all.

#411 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:09 AM

Does anyone else have a sinking feeling that this project could collapse or be significantly delayed?

Based on no insight or rumours at all to be clear, but the pace is slow, little sign of progress in the existing building other than it being stripped to rebuild point.
  • Hotel Mike likes this

#412 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,685 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:32 AM

Does anyone else have a sinking feeling that this project could collapse or be significantly delayed?

I believe Mike K has purchased a unit here; he is never going to let this project get too far off track.  :D

Edited by Nparker, 24 February 2018 - 02:03 PM.

• VicHockeyFan, zoomer and Hotel Mike like this

#413 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:55 AM

You can see crews have made pretty good progress on working out the retaining wall collapse. The shoring is being removed and the land shaped at an angle. The trees along that stretch are gone now, too. What'll happen soon is the southern wall for the parkade will start going up, but there's still some blasting to be done along the eastern edge of the property.

February 24th

The-Wade-February-25-2018.jpg

• CitoyenduMonde likes this

Know it all.

#414 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,685 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:07 AM

I assume once the blasting is done on the eastern portion of the lot, excavation will more or less be complete and full-on foundation work can commence?

#415 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:10 AM

Yeah, I would assume so.

The Medical Arts Building appears to be completely stripped now.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#416 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:02 PM

Attached Images

• IMG_8468.jpg
  • IMG_8469.jpg
  • IMG_8471.jpg
  • IMG_8472.jpg
  • IMG_8473.jpg

• Mike K. likes this

#417 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:17 PM

Photos from March 23rd

Attached Images

• IMG_5567.jpg
  • IMG_5568.jpg

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#418 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:13 PM

The crane footing has arrived!

View full-size and additional photos: https://victoria.cit...e-wade/#gallery

The-Wade-April-14-2018e.jpg

• Kapten Kapsell and kitty surprise like this

Know it all.

#419 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:52 PM

So I was driving up Johnson today, when the heck is the city going to restore it to 2 lanes of traffic?

• shoeflack likes this

#420 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:29 PM

So I was driving up Johnson today, when the heck is the city going to restore it to 2 lanes of traffic?

I'd guess not until they backfill the hole after the garage is built up.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users