BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#541 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:07 PM

I don’t think they’re planing on taking an eight month vacay, tjv.
September sounds about right but eoy 2019 is likely. The most complicated and lengthy phase is the underground. That’s nearly done now.

Mike K, is the underground parking going to extend underneath the old building? And if not will owners who live in the old building and park underground have to take a combination of two elevators to get to the floor of their unit (one elevator to take them to the ground floor of the new building, walk to the old building, and then one more elevator to their floor)?

Also, where will the lobby entrance of the new building open onto, Cook st or Johnson st?

• Rulon likes this

#542 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:09 PM

Beats me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#543 Holmes

Holmes
  • Banned
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:16 PM

0% chance they are done in 2019. I will bet my unit on it...
  • Promontory Kingpin likes this

#544 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,690 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:36 PM

...is the underground parking going to extend underneath the old building? ...

I don't recall there being any excavation under the old building. 

#545 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:02 PM

I think there’s a little too much emphasis being placed on solely the new-build portion and the existing portion is all but forgotten.

Nearly half of this project is literally already built and standing, with interior framing now taking place. The other half is 100% completed of the underground, ~60% completed of the first floor and within two weeks we’re likely to see the remaining 40% rise to the floor of level two and the columns raised for level two. That leaves three uniform floorplates to go and the small addition along the northern frontage to extend the old portion.

The progress here is deceiving as the old building hasn’t changed much from a structural perspective and it doesn’t yield the sort of visual satisfaction you expect when watching a project progress, but if you think about it they’re 60% completed from a structural perspective.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#546 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:44 PM

Here's a little graphic to help make sense of it all.

This is not to-scale, and it is definitely not indicative of the actual construction status. This is purely my own observation of the structural progress based off of street-side observations.

Wade-progress.jpg

Know it all.

#547 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:46 PM

I can't see this being finished this year. I also don't think the old portion of the project helps the timeline much, if any. If you completely take away the old portion of the project, it would still take until next year to finish the new portion.

I figure it will take them until summer to top out the concrete plus finishing puts it at January-February?

Edited by MarkoJ, 24 February 2019 - 04:47 PM.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#548 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:48 PM

The old building is 5 stories, and the new one will be 4. Upon completion they will both be the same height? Or will the old building overshadow the new one?

#549 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:22 PM

Technically yes, but there won’t be any residences on what appears to be the first floor from the south and is just barely visible from the north.

The roof will be level between them.

Know it all.

#550 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:26 PM

At least I don’t think there will be any residences on that bottom floor.

Know it all.

#551 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:42 PM

At least I don’t think there will be any residences on that bottom floor.

Will the gym go down there?

#552 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:52 PM

Shouldn’t you be directing some of your questions to the developer?
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.

#553 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:56 PM

Shouldn’t you be directing some of your questions to the developer?

I thought you were in the know with these sorts of things

Also, isn’t that part of VV’s purpose - to have these discussions and to share information

Edited by Promontory Kingpin, 24 February 2019 - 05:57 PM.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#554 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:04 PM

No no, you’re right, and I didn’t mean to be a jerk.

I know general things about most buildings but locations of gyms and how hallways interconnect is a little above me, to be honest.

Know it all.

#555 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:12 PM

No no, you’re right, and I didn’t mean to be a jerk.
I know general things about most buildings but locations of gyms and how hallways interconnect is a little above me, to be honest.

I don’t know who to talk to anymore since Jacqui Setter quit and left for Townline. David Price didn’t give me his personal cell #

#556 Rulon

Rulon
  • Banned
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:39 PM

Mike K, is the underground parking going to extend underneath the old building? And if not will owners who live in the old building and park underground have to take a combination of two elevators to get to the floor of their unit (one elevator to take them to the ground floor of the new building, walk to the old building, and then one more elevator to their floor)?

Super strange design choice here, I questioned this in the show room probably two months before it closed (and I doubt it changed since then), but you are correct you cannot get to the parking from the elevator in the old building. I didn’t go very far down the path of buying, so maybe it is in the disclosure statement, but based on the fact it was skirted around the times I went in I doubt it was verbally discussed with buyers.. I hope people buying did there homework!

#557 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,867 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 07:00 PM

surely nobody can defy physics. if the parking lot’s not under the existing building it can’t be. buyers did not think that through?

it’s not unlike some condo / townhouse setups save the second elevator ride.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 24 February 2019 - 07:02 PM.

#558 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 07:10 PM

Super strange design choice here, I questioned this in the show room probably two months before it closed (and I doubt it changed since then), but you are correct you cannot get to the parking from the elevator in the old building. I didn’t go very far down the path of buying, so maybe it is in the disclosure statement, but based on the fact it was skirted around the times I went in I doubt it was verbally discussed with buyers.. I hope people buying did there homework!

Units in the new building will be worth a bit more in value for resale purposes when compared to similar units in the older remodelled building one would assume

#559 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:03 PM

I don’t know who to talk to anymore since Jacqui Setter quit and left for Townline. David Price didn’t give me his personal cell #

You can contact the sales team for Westbay Quay. They’re handling the Wade, too.

Know it all.

#560 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:08 PM

The older building has the majority of studios, junior ones and junior twos so parking use won’t be as prevalent from that part of the building (many of these smaller units were not eligible for parking, certainly none of the studios and I wouldn’t think junior ones were).

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users