BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#621 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:43 PM

Does anyone remember the outside completion date in the statement?

IMG_4527.jpg

Edited by CitoyenduMonde, 08 June 2019 - 12:43 PM.

#622 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:55 PM

I see some discussion around assignments, I bought a jr 1-bdrm when the sales started but since then have moved into a bigger place from where I was previously and no longer want to move into a small unit.

Does anyone thing it would be possible to assign a small unit like that in this building? If so do you need a real estate agent to do this?

The purchase price is $270k on the top floor so I was hoping ~$300 might be doable? Never done an assignment before.

Sorry if this is off-topic.

#623 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:30 PM

June 12theBt17vN.jpg

This was the Jukebox one year ago... well ahead of where The Wade is. Which is why October 2020 would actually be impressive.
  • Nparker and Brantastic like this

#624 Rulon

Rulon
  • Banned
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 03:58 PM

What happens with these extensions is because they can be a complicated undertaking (in Wade’s case over 100-units) the volume of work required when changing statements, if necessary, is huge. At least here the uptick in value was so high for so many purchasers that hardly anybody minds.

Your optimism with this project never fails, I think anyone who purchased any other property during presale time for this project has seen approximately equal gain in value.. only difference is they could potentially realize that gain rather than just watch equity gain

#625 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 07:08 PM

Most projects are delayed and developers all over the region are facing the same pressures as their competitors. You can get worked up about it, or you can accept the situation for what it is. Buyers have also had at least one (maybe two?) oppprtunities to back out due to changes to scheduling.

I was speaking with a project rep for another developer last week and he said they’ve lost lots of potential sales as their ground infrastructure has been heavily delayed (it’s a subdivision) and they’ve kept pushing back completion timelines for interested buyers. They’re looking at another push back now, and it’s stressful for all involved but unfortunately that’s the sign of the times.

At the end of the day, there is always a reward:risk ratio with presales, and it has always been that way. If an investor wants instant returns they pursue move-in ready inventory.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#626 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,031 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:08 AM

4848 square foot commercial space at the wade for just under $3m

https://www.realtor....ctoria-downtown

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 09 June 2019 - 07:09 AM.

• Holmes likes this

#627 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 June 2019 - 03:12 PM

June 9th, 2019

Attached Images

• IMG_6801.JPEG
  • IMG_6802.JPEG
  • IMG_6803.JPEG

• Nparker and Holmes like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#628 Holmes

Holmes
  • Banned
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 04:17 PM

Thanks Marco.

Looks like they can finally start the new north section.

No windows - shouldn’t be surprised.

This building has a year left at min. A 10 year old would be able to tell you this won’t be done in 4 months. The developers are experienced enough to know they won’t be done, yet they continue to knowingly lie for what reason? Why are they hurting there brand. For the life of me I don’t know why they won’t tell buyers the truth.

#629 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:26 PM

Mike K, Please put pressure on the developer to come clean with the honest and accurate completion deadline. Buyer’s aren’t going to walk away. We just want to hear the truth from the lion’s mouth. I have no regret buying here, trust me. It just seems a bit childish that we are being obviously mislead for something that’s not going to affect the decision that we’ve already made.

People have lives, and they need to plan accordingly based on when their homes will be complete.
  • Holmes likes this

#630 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:03 PM

People have lives, and they need to plan accordingly based on when their homes will be complete.

Indeed! We are moving from the US and to be able to do so, we had to apply for permanent Resident status for my wife. We applied based upon the time frame indicated on the government web site, where they indicated 10-12 months processing time (after which you are allowed 12 months to make the actual move). We therefore expected to get approval in September/December 2019 to be able to move in as had been indicated to us. Well, as chance would have it, they processed her application in 4 1/2 months and we now only have until early March of 2020 to establish ourselves in Canada or lose the PR status. A delay beyond March would have a disastrous and costly effect on us.

#631 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 11 June 2019 - 07:26 AM

Indeed! We are moving from the US and to be able to do so, we had to apply for permanent Resident status for my wife. We applied based upon the time frame indicated on the government web site, where they indicated 10-12 months processing time (after which you are allowed 12 months to make the actual move). We therefore expected to get approval in September/December 2019 to be able to move in as had been indicated to us. Well, as chance would have it, they processed her application in 4 1/2 months and we now only have until early March of 2020 to establish ourselves in Canada or lose the PR status. A delay beyond March would have a disastrous and costly effect on us.

Most likely you should make plans to rent for 6 months or so. Unfortunate...

Assuming the delay is beyond that; but you should likely start thinking about a short term plan if there is an occupancy delay beyond March.

Edited by lanforod, 11 June 2019 - 07:30 AM.

#632 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 07:28 AM

Thanks Marco.

Looks like they can finally start the new north section.

No windows - shouldn’t be surprised.

This building has a year left at min. A 10 year old would be able to tell you this won’t be done in 4 months. The developers are experienced enough to know they won’t be done, yet they continue to knowingly lie for what reason? Why are they hurting there brand. For the life of me I don’t know why they won’t tell buyers the truth.

No, it does not have "a year left at min." I think many of the individuals reading this thread would appreciate it if you would refrain from posting personal opinions or conjecture, or things you think you overheard while walking past on the sidewalk, as fact.

A few weeks ago you said the building wouldn't top out until August. Then you said the northern extension wouldn't start until after that occurs. Today the building is awaiting a roof pour; the north extension is already under construction.

You also said the developers are not permitting assignments, but other purchasers have long-ago listed their units as assignments.

The Wade is taking much longer to complete than initially estimated and the developers will issue updates on the progress in due course. In the meantime hyperbole and wild guesses dressed up like inside knowledge or a professional estimate are not helping.

@PK, I'll try to ask for an update next time I run into the developers but I'm just like you or anybody else in that regard, to be honest, waiting for official word from the project team on their update schedule.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#633 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 07:45 AM

This was the Jukebox one year ago... well ahead of where The Wade is. Which is why October 2020 would actually be impressive.

Jukebox has more than twice the number of units (215 vs. 102) and stands more than twice as tall with a much larger external surface area. It's one of the largest/densest concrete residential buildings to be built in downtown Victoria in many years (if not decades), and the pace of construction reflects that for sure.

Know it all.

#634 Holmes

Holmes
  • Banned
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:50 PM

No, it does not have "a year left at min." I think many of the individuals reading this thread would appreciate it if you would refrain from posting personal opinions or conjecture, or things you think you overheard while walking past on the sidewalk, as fact.
A few weeks ago you said the building wouldn't top out until August. Then you said the northern extension wouldn't start until after that occurs. Today the building is awaiting a roof pour; the north extension is already under construction.
You also said the developers are not permitting assignments, but other purchasers have long-ago listed their units as assignments.
The Wade is taking much longer to complete than initially estimated and the developers will issue updates on the progress in due course. In the meantime hyperbole and wild guesses dressed up like inside knowledge or a professional estimate are not helping.
@PK, I'll try to ask for an update next time I run into the developers but I'm just like you or anybody else in that regard, to be honest, waiting for official word from the project team on their update schedule.

Haha no personal opinions on a forum?

My original post about aug completion was based on the last photos (I am from van). That was assuming windows would have been up to get to lock up stage by end of summer. Now that doesn’t look realistic hence me pushing back my THOUGHTS for completion.

You are clearly either working with the developer (advertising) or have never bought pre sale before to even suggest this will be complete this year.

And yes they have denied me ability to assign because they can and I demanded my realtor commission. Lol

#635 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:12 PM

I work with many developers on the south Island, if not most, which gives me insight into the industry that I believe to be quite unique.

I welcome and encourage informed opinion on this forum, but you’ve shown me that you may not be as equipped to assess construction timelines as you may believe you are.

Look, I don’t care to get into bait-filled exchanges on the Internet with anonymous posters. But in all the years that I’ve been doing this, never has a project elicited as much conspiratorial and mis-informed punditry as this one has. So pardon my demeanour, but something about the nature with which yourself and several other accounts have chosen to engage (anonymously) here is a lil’ off.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing the roof poured this month. That’ll be a big milestone.

Know it all.

#636 Banksy

Banksy
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:31 AM

Do we have any leads on retail tenants?

#637 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:33 PM

Nope, no news yet.

Know it all.

#638 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:02 PM

I see some discussion around assignments, I bought a jr 1-bdrm when the sales started but since then have moved into a bigger place from where I was previously and no longer want to move into a small unit.

Does anyone thing it would be possible to assign a small unit like that in this building? If so do you need a real estate agent to do this?

The purchase price is $270k on the top floor so I was hoping ~$300 might be doable? Never done an assignment before.

Sorry if this is off-topic.

How big your unit in terms of sq/ft?

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#639 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,291 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 21 June 2019 - 07:59 AM

This morning crews are filling in the sidewalk area with soil.

All photos are June 21.

The-Wade-June-21-2019a.jpg

The-Wade-June-21-2019b.jpg

The-Wade-June-21-2019c.jpg

The-Wade-June-21-2019d.jpg

• Nparker, CitoyenduMonde and Promontory Kingpin like this
Know it all.

#640 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 08:23 AM

The Wade would have made an even cooler urban transformation if it had gone maybe 2 floors higher.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users