BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#781 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 09:49 PM

Funny you should post these photos today as I too stopped by to take a look today. It would appear that all the windows on the old pre-existing section of the medical arts building have been installed now, this now leaves "only" the completely new South building and the completely new annex to the North building to be glazed in. Even though the Medical arts building has largely been closed in, it does not appear as if they are doing anything inside, but then there is at least a sign for a tiling sub-contractor, so perhaps they have started tiling... Not a single window has been hung on the new structures, which would tend to indicate that different window profiles will be used on these structures than on the old structure. 

#782 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:36 PM

Ironsworks is aiming for end of July completion so I would say March 15th to June 15th dates for this project are perhaps a little optimistic. 

That being said it is starting to look really sharp with the windows installed.

Edited by MarkoJ, 05 February 2020 - 10:37 PM.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#783 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 11:02 PM

Ironsworks is aiming for end of July completion so I would say March 15th to June 15th dates for this project are perhaps a little optimistic. 

That being said it is starting to look really sharp with the windows installed.

Given that they are already so spectacularly behind schedule and are likely bleeding money, what do you think the likelihood that they might do a staggered occupancy, with the North building moving in before the South building is complete? That way they would be able to begin taking in money a little earlier.

What exactly is ironworks supposed to do at the Wade? Are they doing the balconies?

I agree with you that it is starting to look very sharp and from my layman's point of view the work seems just a little more 'refined' than some of the other recently finished buildings, as if they had paid a little more care.

#784 Kramer

Kramer
  • Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 01:05 PM

Thanks for posting new photos... definitely like watching paint dry but still appreciated.

Highly doubt they will be able to pull off staggered occupancy. Then again we are currently staggering occupancy at Vancouver house based upon floor level so you never know. This would be more challenging here though because hallways are connecting the two buildings - thus you would be staggering horizontally instead of vertically - something i dont think ive seen (at least in van). None the less, as marco said they would be lucky to have windows in for the summer, i would estimate almost 6 months from then to get occupancy - so basically end of 2020 if they dont **** up anymore (which is a big if). Would love to see the financials at the end of this.. lol

Glad to see that the new north section will be using the more low profile floor to ceiling windows that will be used in the new south section (can tell from framing installed). Might look kind of inconsistent but still happy about it. 

#785 Kramer

Kramer
  • Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 02:42 PM

Correction above, i guess the hallways don't connect, but they do to the new north section so that would have to be apart of the first delivery phase.. i guess you never know how desperate they will get at the end to help the balance sheet lol

#786 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:22 PM

I walked by this evening and noticed a couple things:

1. The courtyard-facing side of the annex now has some window frames
  2. Some of the units in the north building appear to have drywalling done. They must've been able to seal them off enough without the annex having windows?

IMG_20200212_210142.jpg

Edited by scotto203, 12 February 2020 - 09:23 PM.

• Mike K., CitoyenduMonde, Biro and 1 other like this

#787 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 February 2020 - 06:20 AM

February 15th, 2020

Attached Images

• IMG_7999.JPEG
  • IMG_8001.JPEG
  • IMG_8002.JPEG
  • IMG_8003.JPEG
  • IMG_8004.JPEG
  • IMG_8005.JPEG
  • IMG_8006.JPEG
  • IMG_8007.JPEG
  • IMG_8009.JPEG

• scotto203 likes this

#788 Banksy

Banksy
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 09:21 AM

I saw a flynn van at the project and that gives me hope the remainder of the windows will start to arrive soon.

• Nparker likes this

#789 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 09:20 PM

It does indeed appear as there is some drywalling being done in the North building. Perhaps something is moving forward.

#790 Kramer

Kramer
  • Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 04:30 PM

Have any windows been installed into the framing on the new north side?

#791 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:45 PM

Have any windows been installed into the framing on the new north side?

I went by there last weekend and most of the windows had been installed on the courtyard side, with frames going in on the side facing Pandora.

I also heard a rumour that the new plan is to finish the North building first, with occupancy by June, and then finish the South building, targeting its occupancy for August or September. This is just from a realtor friend of mine though, nothing official from the developer. If true, it could explain why the wording of the latest disclosure statement now says "the first date that a development unit within the Development may be legally occupied will be between....."

#792 Kramer

Kramer
  • Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 10:53 PM

Interesting... thanks Scott

Originally didn’t think they would but as time goes on they are clearly focused on the north side so maybe a staggered occupancy is realistic. I would still be shocked if they can complete even the north section by summer tho. Hope they prove me wrong.

#793 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 March 2020 - 08:26 PM

New assignment listing -> https://www.realtor....ctoria-downtown

#794 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 08:39 PM

Is it 392 or 432 square feet? Both square footages are referenced.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#795 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:20 PM

Is it 392 or 432 square feet? Both square footages are referenced.

Sounds like the 40 sq ft difference is the balcony.

• Mike K. likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#796 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:59 AM

"Uber high end Cool" hehe is that new realtor code for 'this place is so fricking small...' 

Is that what folks consider full time living now? When I see places that small I can only imagine what the occupancy turnover will be and the resultant wear on the building

For $928/ft??? 

#797 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 08:24 AM

$931/foot :)

I didn’t realize the suites had heated bathroom floors. Is that standard or an upgrade?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#798 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 08:46 AM

$931/foot :)

I didn’t realize the suites had heated bathroom floors. Is that standard or an upgrade?

Pretty sure it's standard.

• Mike K. likes this

#799 Kramer

Kramer
  • Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 02:33 PM

Yeah this is standard (and is in most)

If anyone is walking by in the c9ming days would love to see how the windows look on the new north side!

Thanks!

#800 Kramer

Kramer
  • Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 04:59 PM

are Construction crews still on site with the corona virus? Any new photos would be appreciated..

Thanks

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users