BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#121 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

Could just be that trades are tight.

• Mary_s likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#122 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:57 PM

Perhaps they are waiting on enough pre-sales to qualify for financing. I was also under the impression the current tenants leases are not up until at least the end of this year.

#123 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:02 PM

They are about to launch the next sales phase. Over 50% sold-out now.
  • Nparker and Ira like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#124 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:08 AM

The Wade has switched its marketing efforts to an in-house team and are no longer represented by Platinum. I think that transition period may have been what kept the project appearing a little dark as far as its marketing efforts were concerned.

Anyhow, they're re-launching sales this Saturday. The project is over 50% spoken for now and all one-bedrooms have sold. Studios start at $239,900 with three-bedroom units topping out price-wise at just under $750k.

Also of note, the construction permit is now before the CoV. It should be approved in early April.

Nearly 50 homes hit the market as The Wade launches spring condo release

http://victoria.citi...-condo-release/

Developers of The Wade, a five-storey, two-building all-concrete condominium project coming to Cook Street between Pandora Avenue and Johnson Street have re-ignited their pre-sale campaign ahead of Victoria’s busiest home buying season.

The Wade’s second condo release includes its remaining inventory of homes sized between 367 square foot studios to 1,220 square foot three-bedroom flats. Prices start just shy of $240,000.

“Our fall sales launch was tremendously well received,” says Jacqui Setter, The Wade’s director of sales. “We have a unique product on the market, and the location, the concrete construction and the layouts combine to create a distinctly different urban living opportunity.”

Setter says the development team has recently submitted a building permit application to the City of Victoria, resulting in a surge of activity at the sales centre. [Full article]

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#125 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:07 PM

...South side is Johnson St, yes? Might be a bit noisy as that is one of the routes out of downtown.

And the north side is going to be pretty damn close to the start of the much-in-demand 2-way bike lane.

#126 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:36 PM

Yup, along the Johnson Street side!

Know it all.

#127 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

Actually, that's not a bad comparison. The pre-sale buying process is such that you feel like you're ordering something online rather than buying real-estate. You don't see it, you can't feel it, you're certainly not paying for all of it when you sign on the dotted line, but you feel like you're part of something bigger (as in your contribution is one step closer to making something pretty grand and complex a reality).

I look forward to watching this project progress and to have some skin in the game for the first time.

Will you delete unfavorable comments about the development from here on out? :) j/k

• nagel and Ira like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#128 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

Will you delete unfavorable comments about the development from here on out? :) j/k

Let's find out.

What a dump... you screwed up mike!

• Mike K. likes this

#129 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

^ Lol.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#130 Ira

Ira
  • 15 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

Actually, that's not a bad comparison. The pre-sale buying process is such that you feel like you're ordering something online rather than buying real-estate. You don't see it, you can't feel it, you're certainly not paying for all of it when you sign on the dotted line, but you feel like you're part of something bigger (as in your contribution is one step closer to making something pretty grand and complex a reality).

I look forward to watching this project progress and to have some skin in the game for the first time.

Congrats Mike, enjoy the process. It's really satisfying to watch your building go up and get closer to completion each day. 

• Mike K. likes this

#131 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

No, it's a classic pump and dump play for Mike.  j/k

#132 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:06 PM

you feel like you're ordering something online

There it is!

Next stop..........Amazon.ca

• Mike K. likes this

#133 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:54 PM

Good for you! It will be nice not looking at the courtyard/interior of the building/other units (public street instead) and those ones have balconies!

Right, I'm definitely not a fan of units facing into a courtyard. But I believe the majority of units facing the courtyard have balconies, and there is the sizeable gap between the two buildings to the east, so at least there will be views for folks facing in.

I'm curious why we haven't heard from other buyers yet. There are over 50-units sold now.

Know it all.

#134 kitty surprise

kitty surprise
  • 407 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:12 AM

Right, I'm definitely not a fan of units facing into a courtyard. But I believe the majority of units facing the courtyard have balconies, and there is the sizeable gap between the two buildings to the east, so at least there will be views for folks facing in.

I'm curious why we haven't heard from other buyers yet. There are over 50-units sold now.

First-time poster here, I've also purchased at The Wade. South facing studio as well. Very impressed with the concrete and steel construction, and rooftop amenities. Really looking forward to watching it progress! Cheers

• Mike K. and VicHockeyFan like this

#135 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:47 AM

Welcome to vibrantvictoria kitty surprise. You now have a special kinship with our fearless leader, Mike. The energy will be fun to watch.

#136 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:19 AM

Welcome kitty surprise!  

I guess this development is pretty good for pet owners, the big lawn will be adjacent forever, if you have to take Fido out for a quick run/pee.

• Nparker likes this

#137 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:37 AM

Hi kitty, that's awesome.

@VHF, that's a good point. The initial strata bylaws allow either two dogs or cats or one of each. There is no size stipulation. Of course with rentals the pet allowance will be up to each individual owner.
  • Mary_s likes this

Know it all.

#138 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:00 AM

Will this be the first project for Amadon group in Victoria...?

#139 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:03 AM

Will this be the first project for Amadon group in Victoria...?

No, not at all, they did lots in old town, including Market Square.  Stuff in Cook St. Village, townhouses at 60 Dallas etc.

#140 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:59 AM

Mermaid Wharf beside the Janion, too. I believe but I'm not certain, that Max T., one of the developers, was also involved with building the Sussex office complex. I seem to recall he had some involvement with the project but I can't speak to specifics.

David Price, the other developer at Amadon-Westwater, built Swallows Landing in Esquimalt and has quite a number of projects under his wings off-Island.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users