BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#1461 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,521 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 06:27 PM

Interesting. That’s super rare.
  • sebberry likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1462 ollivier1

ollivier1
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 06:35 PM

the MLS list for 779K 2 bed & den  Good set of pictures

#1463 electriclemmon

electriclemmon
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 07:19 PM

the MLS list for 779K 2 bed & den  Good set of pictures

The developer owns this unit (N216). On December 30th he was wanting $884,500 for it, they also asked if I wanted to pursue a contract that I not use a real estate agent. Incredible that in less than two weeks they drop the price by 100k.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#1464 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 09:05 AM

ironically you can't keep (live) chickens in them.

No chance. I tried that when I was living in a co-op. Suffice it to say, the chickens flew the co-op. They crossed the road.

#1465 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 02:11 PM

The developer owns this unit (N216). On December 30th he was wanting $884,500 for it, they also asked if I wanted to pursue a contract that I not use a real estate agent. Incredible that in less than two weeks they drop the price by 100k.

That unit lets tons of units see right into each bedroom, and living room. It’s not very nice in that regard

#1466 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 02:26 PM

Sounds perfect for a hot girl that is an exhibitionist.

#1467 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,967 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 02:42 PM

why would you say that?

many guys are into sex work too.

#1468 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 January 2021 - 03:46 PM

After she's done cage dancing in the storage lockers?  

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1469 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 05:52 PM

^ studies have shown that people will not pay the extra cost for those in-suite square footages. then on top of it they will complain about lack of bulk storage in the building. see it as a deficiency. it’s just the way the consumer is.

Makes sense when $/sqft gets very high. Every inch needs to count and people want flexibility in how to use their limited space. Low-frills storage space in the parking levels is a way to make up for it. 

I get sebbery's argument but at the end of the day it's a financial tradeoff. I use my storage to keep bulky items like instrument cases, furniture covers and the like. The storage is more about allowing the unit to be tidier than being a place to hold valuables.

#1470 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:29 PM

They have 20 or so high-end storage lockers at the Encore. It was 5k extra for a big fully enclosed locker....they sold poorly during pre-sales and a few owners that have them have tried to sell them by posting ads on the common bulletin board, no luck. 

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#1471 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 January 2021 - 09:34 PM

I'm just amazed people don't value a safe place to keep their stuff.

Marko is so looking forward to working with me again this spring :D  

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#1472 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 09:48 PM

They have 20 or so high-end storage lockers at the Encore. It was 5k extra for a big fully enclosed locker....they sold poorly during pre-sales and a few owners that have them have tried to sell them by posting ads on the common bulletin board, no luck. 

You can't sell limited common property though, right? I remember this came up when some owners at a building I lived at proposed selling or trading parking spaces. Word came down no can do.

#1473 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,967 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:23 AM

You can't sell limited common property though, right? I remember this came up when some owners at a building I lived at proposed selling or trading parking spaces. Word came down no can do.

it is indeed done in other canadian cities right on the mls system.  maybe different condo laws though in different provinces.

#1474 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,967 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:31 AM

it's a certain psychology for sure.  these same encore owners might be paying $120/mo. for storage offsite at u-haul or adams but they never consider that might end up over $5k.  of course everyone also thinks they are only storing things for short periods.   it just ends up being years by the time you get around to it.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 11 January 2021 - 04:32 AM.

• Matt R. likes this

#1475 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:14 AM

Most new buildings the storage lockers and parking are assigned via lease and to sell it you assign the lease.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#1476 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:49 PM

Most new buildings the storage lockers and parking are assigned via lease and to sell it you assign the lease.

Interesting, in the Mondrian parking spaces could not be taken away from the unit that owned it as far as I remember. Makes sense for new places to allow you to do whatever you want with it.

#1477 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:55 PM

It really all depends on what's indicated on the strata plan.  Storage lockers and parking spaces can either be limited common property, common property or part of the strata lot.  Each has implications in terms of ownership, maintenance and who can assign/rent out unused space in accordance with the building's bylaws.

#1478 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:04 PM

it's a certain psychology for sure.  these same encore owners might be paying $120/mo. for storage offsite at u-haul or adams but they never consider that might end up over $5k.  of course everyone also thinks they are only storing things for short periods.   it just ends up being years by the time you get around to it.

Just got a storage unit for the first time at Adams in View Royal. For some of our business equipment. Fellow at the desk said he has one unit that has been rented since the 90s!

I would totally see the value in paying $5000 for a super secure storage unit for a condo. 

• Victoria Watcher and TwilightZoneVictoria like this

#1479 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:26 PM

Not sure about the storage lockers, but I know the parking spaces are limited common property. Or at least that's what I got in writing from the developer. I was paranoid after having dealt with issues in my last condo around the strata having full control of the parking stalls and their use.

#1480 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:13 PM

I noticed there was no kind of common building bulletin board - I was hoping to maybe put up a note about renting someone’s parking spot

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users