BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#1701 Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:00 AM

Banksy: Not great photo but here you goattachicon.gif WIN_20210218_120622 (2).JPG

Barrister - are you adopting?

#1702 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:03 AM

I’m also excited for the VIHA Urgent & Primary Care clinic going in on the first floor. I’ll try and become a patient/attached early
  • kitty surprise likes this

#1703 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,031 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:14 AM

I’m also excited for the VIHA Urgent & Primary Care clinic going in on the first floor. I’ll try and become a patient/attached early

jump off your balcony and become a patient right away.

• Mike K. and Moxuz like this

#1704 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:15 AM

The super clear photos my wife took a while back while the one with the piano and my aging face I took with the computer. I am sure that others could do a lot better job but I am not great with any technology.

Edited by Barrrister, 19 February 2021 - 10:15 AM.

#1705 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:29 AM

jump off your balcony and become a patient right away.

They do of course allow walk-in (fall-in in this situation) but I’d like to have them as my “family clinic” ;)

#1706 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:25 PM

Ah good, my neighbours have moved-in and I can hear their children through the walls very clearly. Perfect. Also just all their talking. Great walls.

Edited by Moxuz, 19 February 2021 - 03:26 PM.

#1707 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:28 PM

Have you lived in a condo before, Mox?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1708 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:29 PM

Yes, exclusively. Normally you don’t hear people talking through walls :)
  • sebberry and lanforod like this

#1709 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:30 PM

I’ve unfortunately had to move a lot so I’ve been in 5 different condo buildings since 2014 and I am used to what noise can and can’t come through the walls (most noiseproof one was actually a wood building!)

Edited by Moxuz, 19 February 2021 - 03:35 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#1710 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:32 PM

Hmm, it’s hard to compare. Some people are extremely quiet, and others can be very loud. It’s just one of those things. In my experiences the level of noice changed with residents more than the finishings.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1711 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:35 PM

Yeah fair enough, I can tell that these people are speaking at regular volume so I haven’t had that come through before (generally loud music or kids screaming is audible in my experience). Maybe it’ll get better and I’m just overreacting

#1712 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:36 PM

Ah good, my neighbours have moved-in and I can hear their children through the walls very clearly...

I am surprised people with children have chosen this building. Is the adjacent suite considerably larger than yours Moxuz?

• Moxuz likes this

#1713 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:40 PM

I think it’s the same layout according to strata plan..maybe their extended family is checking out their new crib. I should probably wait before getting mad about noise

#1714 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:41 PM

no going back now.  but often it's useful to see how the suites line up to one another.  ie. do your bathrooms back to one another or do your bedrooms/living rooms etc.  

a shallow floor-to-ceiling bookcase on the offending wall is a good sound muffler.

3a7a6743c502b1aee24f224caed2f843.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 19 February 2021 - 03:44 PM.

• lanforod, grantpalin and Moxuz like this

#1715 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:42 PM

Yeah that's what I was thinking; just some housewarming guests. If the numbers seem too large, call the COVID police. :cop:

• Moxuz and Victoria Watcher like this

#1716 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:47 PM

Yeah that’s actually something really funny - no knowledge of noise-proofing before purchase. If it’s built you can somewhat tell, not really though since you don’t get to live there before purchase I guess

#1717 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:48 PM

The downside of being the first owner.

• Moxuz likes this

#1718 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:48 PM

Yeah that’s actually something really funny - no knowledge of noise-proofing before purchase. If it’s built you can somewhat tell, not really though since you don’t get to live there before purchase I guess

there are three different ways that they can build the walls between suites.  with corresponding sound-proofing effectivness.

this shows wood studs but the same can be true for steel studs.  the insulation may or may not be like this too.

wall-and-floor-systems-for-office-spaces

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 19 February 2021 - 03:51 PM.

• Moxuz likes this

#1719 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 February 2021 - 04:15 PM

In my place I've got extra thick drywall on the party walls that are built with staggered 2x4s.  Very little airborne noise comes through these walls but I can hear them flick a light switch mounted to the wall, and my deaf neighbours raising their voices on the other side (or their TV late at night) but it's quite subtle.  The staggered stud construction really helps to cut down vibration.

Up/down however is a mess.  There's no physical separation as there is with the staggered stud party wall.  I hear every footstep, chopping veggies in the kitchen and on a quiet night - snoring.  You can extrapolate from that what else keeps me awake at night ;)  

IMO, in brand new construction there's absolutely no excuse to be listening to your neighbors talk, sing or... chop vegetables or whatever you do with a tinder date at 2AM.

• Moxuz likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1720 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 04:27 PM

i send my tinder dates home by 11:30pm.  

why would i want them around at 2am?

• Matt R. and Moxuz like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users