BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#1841 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 11:09 PM

Just ordered a new fridge, delivery expected some time late June. Nothing fancy.

Don’t even get me started on the parts for my 30qt Hobart mixer or vacuum sealer.

Wait times on anything but the most standard issue item is weeks and months. Still.

There is a container ship of NZ lamb sitting off the coast waiting to unload, it’ll be weeks.
GFS and Sysco were out of white flour sacks at the end of last week, sitting on a train somewhere...

It’s crazy out there!

Matt.

#1842 anonymous456

anonymous456
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 03:26 PM

Thinking of the south owners trying to make life plans, we overheard some workers estimating June, and looking at the progress we think this is likely more accurate than April as it looks like there are a few more steps than counters pending in many of the suites

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#1843 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 04:11 PM

Can someone fly a drone up to see where the interior construction progress is at for the south building

#1844 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,293 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 04:20 PM

Can someone fly a drone up to see where the interior construction progress is at for the south building

can't you fly yours from promontory?   it's not that far if you have a tailwind.  

#1845 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 04:28 PM

can't you fly yours from promontory?   it's not that far if you have a tailwind.  

20,000th post.

I feel like you could have done better  :1954_dancing:

• Matt R. and Victoria Watcher like this

#1846 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,293 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 04:37 PM

20,000th post.

I feel like you could have done better  :1954_dancing:

i'm here all week.  and i did post about veal today.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 04 March 2021 - 04:37 PM.

• Matt R. and vortoozo like this

#1847 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 04:37 PM

VW has been slacking, I agree.

There’s even a beer shortage at Labatt’s. Some brands aren’t available and haven’t for weeks. It’s crazy the backlog we’re dealing on so many fronts.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1848 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 04:40 PM

I wish I could :)

#1849 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 05:21 PM

VW has been slacking, I agree.

There’s even a beer shortage at Labatt’s. Some brands aren’t available and haven’t for weeks. It’s crazy the backlog we’re dealing on so many fronts.

Is this the Covid delay thread? Got an email from Containerworld today, saying that due to port congestion to expect increased delays on goods shipped. Instead of the 1-5 week delay we are dealing with now, expect delays to increase to 5-6 weeks.

It’s getting worse, not better.

Matt.

#1850 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,293 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 05:25 PM

that lamb is going to be veal by the time it gets here.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 04 March 2021 - 05:26 PM.

• Rob Randall likes this

#1851 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 05:35 PM

that lamb is going to be veal by the time it gets here.

Containerworld is specific to the liquor industry with some vertical integration in compatible industries like non alc beverages and such. No veal was harmed but sometimes wine goes bad.

Matt.

#1852 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 05:45 PM

And scotch gets better.

It all evens out.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1853 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 08:38 PM

Just ordered a new fridge, delivery expected some time late June. Nothing fancy.

Don’t even get me started on the parts for my 30qt Hobart mixer or vacuum sealer.

Wait times on anything but the most standard issue item is weeks and months. Still.

There is a container ship of NZ lamb sitting off the coast waiting to unload, it’ll be weeks.
GFS and Sysco were out of white flour sacks at the end of last week, sitting on a train somewhere...

It’s crazy out there!

Matt.

NZ lamb? Wouldn't you buy local?

• Matt R. likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1854 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:42 PM

Oh it was just mentioned in passing by a sales rep when commiserating about sourcing issues. The lamb I buy comes from Glenwood meats, Vancouver island. Salt spring lamb is sort of a marketing gimmick. Sure, it exists, but not in commercial quantities.

I did a luncheon once for the OAP folks here, lamb shanks (which they loved) and one of the nice older ladies mentioned her son ran the farm at Ruckle Park and asked if the lamb was from him... I asked how many sheep they had to slaughter during the year - their entire flock to market at the time was half of what I used at their one lunch. :)

Matt.
  • LJ and Victoria Watcher like this

#1855 Birdhouse24

Birdhouse24
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 11:45 AM

Posting in case it helps any other folks here:

Noted my unit came with a pre-installed Telus PureFiber box in the data closet. 

So I called Telus this morning to discuss Fiber internet plan options. 

Telus stated there may only be copper services in the building; the site is in the books to potentially get fiber lines over the next 3 months, but they are not currently available. 

RIP my gigabit dream (for now). 

#1856 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:11 PM

Posting in case it helps any other folks here:
Noted my unit came with a pre-installed Telus PureFiber box in the data closet. 
So I called Telus this morning to discuss Fiber internet plan options. 
Telus stated there may only be copper services in the building; the site is in the books to potentially get fiber lines over the next 3 months, but they are not currently available. 

RIP my gigabit dream (for now).

This is incorrect, the building (like most new buildings?) is hooked up for fibre. I have fibre with them currently in my unit. If you open your closet hookup you can see the green/white fibre wire to the router
  • sebberry and Birdhouse24 like this

#1857 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:14 PM

How on earth do I get by with 75Mbps? :D

• Matt R. likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1858 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:16 PM

Fibre lineA2B5F4AA-578F-4D11-8F79-BA4DC75B2B96.jpeg
  • Birdhouse24 likes this

#1859 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:22 PM

How on earth do I get by with 75Mbps? :D

Haha - you probably wouldn’t notice too much of a difference unless you have many users streaming at once. Most servers aren’t going to match your download speed with their per user upload speed. Having 750mbps won’t make your Netflix videos load 10x faster than your 75mbps.

#1860 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,293 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 01:10 PM

my place didn't even come with a data closet.

7885D671-3143-45E4-B670E09DAEEE4831_sour

it has one of those morse code tap tap tap things in the cutlery drawer though.  i'm not sure who offers a data plan for it though.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 05 March 2021 - 01:12 PM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users