BUILT
Townley Place Passivhaus
Use: rental
Address: 1780 Townley Street
Municipality: Saanich
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 3
Townley Place Passivhaus is a three-storey adaptable low income residence for seniors and persons with disabil... (view full profile)
Learn more about Townley Place Passivhaus on Citified.ca
Photo

[Saanich] Townley Place | seniors apartments, townhomes | 4-storeys | approved

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Lover Fighter

Lover Fighter
  • 653 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:57 AM

Looks like this will be coming back to Council in the new year:

http://www.saanichne.../407825916.html

PS, I think the "approved" should be removed from the thread title?

#22 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,395 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:55 PM

Saanich approves Townley Lodge re-development. Plans for an affordable housing project have passed council almost exactly one year after the project suffered a major setback. Council Monday unanimously approved plans for the re-development of Townley Lodge following a public hearing...The approved development will see the Greater Victoria Housing Society create 64 affordable housing units for seniors, families...

http://www.vicnews.c...re-development/

#23 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:07 PM

I am curious what this is costing taxpayers and what the proposed rents are.  Is this not the same society that did Azzurro that was sold as "affordable housing" but rents started around 1500/month after government subsidies?

#24 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,169 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:38 PM

Townley Place is a project by the Greater Victoria Housing Society. Azzurro was built by the Greater Victoria Rental Development Society.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#25 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:08 PM

I am curious what this is costing taxpayers and what the proposed rents are. Is this not the same society that did Azzurro that was sold as "affordable housing" but rents started around 1500/month after government subsidies?

Azzurro was 2/3 units subsidized, 1/3 market rate. I believe it was just the market rate units starting in that price point.

#26 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:40 PM

Townley Place is a project by the Greater Victoria Housing Society. Azzurro was built by the Greater Victoria Rental Development Society.

ok, thanks for clarifying.  They should really chose different names as they are too close to one another and therefore confusing.  I doubt I'll remember which is which by tomorrow morning lol

• Mike K. likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users