#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:49 AM

The-Livet-Victoria-Fort-Common-Properties-Citified.jpg

Rooftop restaurant the crowning jewel of 1001 Blanshard transformation
http://victoria.citi...transformation/

Big changes are coming to Blanshard and Broughton streets as Fort Properties nears the reveal of its latest addition to downtown Victoria’s Fort Common District.

Formerly a VanCity Credit Union, the 7,700 square foot two-storey building at 1001 Blanshard Street, which includes a 1,500 square foot rooftop space overlooking the busy intersection, is being transformed into arguably one of the most unique commercial nodes in downtown Victoria.

“We’re pleased to confirm that something truly unique is underway at the Fort Common District,” says Fort Properties’ Leasing and Marketing Manager, Kristen Kitchen.

Kitchen isn’t kidding. The building’s top level is being converted into The Livet, a posh eatery that will boast — here it comes — a rooftop patio. Think The Standard in downtown Los Angeles meets Chateau Victoria’s Vista 18, drop them down several floors, and you get the idea. [Full article]

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:03 PM

Wtf is the "Fort Common District"?

#3 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:10 PM

It's the courtyard behind the old buildings there:

http://www.fortprope...ommon-district/

fortCommon_Before.png

fortCommon_After.png

Edited by aastra, 24 June 2016 - 06:11 PM.

#4 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:51 PM

The Livet is the same operator as at Stage in Fernhood I believe. Should be a top drawer operation

Matt.

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:36 AM

Didn't stage sell recently? It was on the market.

The Fort Common District is the entire stretch of buildings between Fort and Broughton streets along Blanshard, save for the Discovery Coffee building. It also includes several properties east on Fort, all of which back onto or overlook the "Fort Common," the courtyard. It's actually open to the public all day long.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:16 AM

looks great. I like how these old blocks are becoming more 'permeable'. it's like in the old buildings in Chinatown, lower Johnson & yates it seemed like you used to only be able to go around the perimeter, now you can get right through the middle. this courtyard in the back of the starbucks is the same sort of thing.
  • Nparker likes this

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:21 AM

It's the courtyard behind the old buildings there:

http://www.fortprope...ommon-district/

fortCommon_Before.png

fortCommon_After.png

Where does everyone park now?

I don't know, hidden courtyards are not always great, save for a few months of the year.  See:  Market Square.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#8 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:18 PM

Didn't stage sell recently? It was on the market.

Oh, George sold Stage a bunch of years ago. 2013? If it's changed hands since then I'd be surprised but maybe you are right.

Matt.

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:09 AM

Hmm, perhaps that's it, 2013.

Know it all.

#10 KootsRoots

KootsRoots
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:44 PM

Where does everyone park now?

I don't know, hidden courtyards are not always great, save for a few months of the year.  See:  Market Square.

We use the bike racks and parking spots on the street. I work at one of the establishments at Fort Commons and I've never had an issue parking. 

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#11 KootsRoots

KootsRoots
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:46 PM

Wtf is the "Fort Common District"?

You spent the time posting this. Could you not just spend the same time googling your question instead of using a swearing acronym?

• Nparker likes this

#12 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:29 PM

Last time I checked, a month or so ago, a sign said "closed for the season". I don't know what's going on.

#13 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:51 PM

Thanks to weirdie, when I read this thread, I was able to think "WTF is the Fort Common District?" and have my question answered in a nanosecond.

• VicHockeyFan and weirdie like this

#14 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:00 PM

How about a WTF district?

Something like

Wine, tapas, falafel

or

Wurst, tequila, flan

• Nparker, Jill and tedward like this

#15 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:05 PM

How about a WTF district?

Something like

Wine, tapas, falafel

or

Wurst, tequila, flan

The problem is the dead times.

That's why I have a restaurant concept called "On the Clock" where prices are adjusted every hour. It's a complex algorithm that decides the menu price for each item, changing up or down each hour depending on demand for that item, and general sales volume history for that hour. A big computer screen shows the current prices, but better get your order in before the top of the hour. The price is changing! "You're on the clock!"

What of I re-brand my yet-to-open restaurant as WTF, You're On The Clock!.  And place it in the Fort area.  When they renovate one of the parkades, I know I'll get a cheap exclamation mark sign.

screenshot-www.google.ca 2016-06-29 18-07-49.jpg

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#16 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:18 PM

It might be confusing to have a WTF franchise in the WTF district. Hey, meet me at WTF in WTF, PDQ. People would be like... what's this all about?

#17 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:23 PM

It might be confusing to have a WTF franchise in the WTF district. Hey, meet me at WTF in WTF, PDQ. People would be like... what's this all about?

Then they'd have to google it.  KootsRoots would go nutty.

But thanks for the franchise idea.  If I work this out right, I'll franchise 10 restaurants before I even open one of my own.  The prospectus might be tricky to develop.

#18 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:32 PM

FYI, KootsRoots seems to like it when people Google things for their own edification.

Also FYI, in my mind I'm pronouncing it "Kooooots Rooooots" and not "Kuts Ruts".

#19 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:32 PM

WTF......wasn't that funny.

#20 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:48 PM

Yes it was.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users