Photo

Courthouse Lands Reconstruction

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#101 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:54 PM

Someone needs to send the bill for the restoration to the residents of CCH & Mt. Edwards. Deduct it from their welfare cheques until the debt is paid.

• Dietrich and pennymurphy2000 like this

#102 Dietrich

Dietrich
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

Damn, it's sad to see they've even taken the trees :whyme:

• todd and pennymurphy2000 like this

#103 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

Every tree has been cut down! Criminal, unless they were dead and destroyed by those people. Why not leave the large ones as shade for the playground? Aren't we supposed to be keeping kids out of the midday sun? What a barren area that is now, what with the cathedral hedge gone too.

#104 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:42 PM

Every tree has been cut down! Criminal, unless they were dead and destroyed by those people....

This.

#105 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:44 PM

Every tree has been cut down! Criminal, unless they were dead and destroyed by those people. Why not leave the large ones as shade for the playground? Aren't we supposed to be keeping kids out of the midday sun? What a barren area that is now, what with the cathedral hedge gone too.

Trees will be added.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#106 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:53 PM

Trees will be added.

True, but the existing trees were perfectly healthy 18 months ago.

• Dietrich and mbjj like this

#107 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:14 PM

It'll be a really nice area in 30 or 40 years.

#108 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:27 PM

Someone needs to send the bill for the restoration to the residents of CCH & Mt. Edwards. Deduct it from their welfare cheques until the debt is paid.

Hang on, I thought they were being congratulated?

Capture.JPG

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#109 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

Hang on, I thought they were being congratulated?

:mad: 
Perhaps Her Worseship should cover the remediation costs out her pocket if she feels the SIC-ies accomplished so much.

• Daveyboy, mbjj, pennymurphy2000 and 1 other like this

#110 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:17 PM

• by  Canadian Press - BC Local News
  • Victoria posted Jan 24, 2017 at 4:00 PM

Victoria courthouse tent city drugs pollute soil

http://www.bclocalne.../411688676.html

A government-commissioned environmental report says harmful chemicals from two suspected drug labs and gasoline and other fuels have contaminated the former site of a homeless camp at Victoria's courthouse.

The report says clean-up efforts will involve removing nine trees and scraping away almost half a metre of contaminated soil to make way for a children's playground.

Amrik Virk, British Columbia's minister responsible for site, says the cleanup is expected to cost $350,000 and involves removing more than 75 dump truck loads of contaminated soil.

The environmental report says soil samples found levels of benzene, zinc, and hydrocarbons above standards along with detectable concentrations of methamphetimines and traces of heroin, cocaine, acid or LSD, and MDMA. .........

....see more: http://www.bclocalne.../411688676.html

Edited by todd, 24 January 2017 - 08:19 PM.

#111 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:25 PM

No wonder some people got violent when people snooped around - drug labs eh.  Can't imagine there being much patience for any future tent cities.  To be fair though.. trace amounts of heroin, cocaine, acid, LSD and MDMA might be found on downtown streets, Beacon Hill Park, heck probably even Christie Clark's backyard.  Kind of like how we're made of star dust - given enough time sh*t just gets around you know.. 

Edited by zoomer, 24 January 2017 - 08:25 PM.

• Mike K., VicHockeyFan, spanky123 and 1 other like this

#112 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:31 PM

No wonder some people got violent when people snooped around - drug labs eh.  Can't imagine there being much patience for any future tent cities.  To be fair though.. trace amounts of heroin, cocaine, acid, LSD and MDMA might be found on downtown streets, Beacon Hill Park, heck probably even Christie Clark's backyard.  Kind of like how we're made of star dust - given enough time sh*t just gets around you know.. 

And the fuel and other contaminants could be from years past depending upon when they had the last environmental assessment. Found an old glass syringe digging in my backyard not long ago plants grow great.

Edited by todd, 24 January 2017 - 08:36 PM.

#113 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:42 PM

And the fuel and other contaminants could be from years past...

If you believe that I've got a bridge for sale...

• Dietrich and mbjj like this

#114 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:02 PM

If you believe that I've got a bridge for sale...

George C. Parker, eh?

Not really about believing it's just a fact?

#115 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:48 AM

I am just happy to know that the drug labs and criminal activity all shut down when these folks moved to their new facilities.

Edited by spanky123, 25 January 2017 - 06:48 AM.

• Nparker likes this

#116 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:24 AM

If we're entertaining the idea that the fuels and other contaminants were already there then I guess we're saying the park might have been unsafe all along? I used to nap on the grass there during my lunch break back in the early 1990s. The tenters were living there 24/7. No warnings? Who's accountable for this?

Also, aren't drug labs illegal and/or dangerous? Shouldn't the provincial government, Vic police, and Vic fire department be answering some serious questions re: their inaction? If the tent city was housing drug labs then the tent city wasn't safe. It wasn't safe for residents and it wasn't safe for neighbours. There can't be any argument about this. You can't claim that these particular drug labs were perfectly safe while also claiming that any other drug lab anywhere else is a danger.

Something tells me this is going to end up being another one of those things that was but wasn't.

• Nparker, Dietrich and Bingo like this

#117 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:48 AM

The drug labs at 844 Johnson are safe.  

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#118 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

http://youtu.be/pJhstU-VBHg

• David Bratzer likes this

#119 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:13 PM

Today...

http://youtu.be/EU_UO3-TROI

• Mike K. and David Bratzer like this

#120 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:29 PM

Jan 25 2017

• Bingo likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users