Photo

the Landmark condo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:54 AM

I passed by this building overlooking the north end of Beacon Hill park the other day and noticed it was turning into a leaky condo. So probably soon it's going to have to get remediated. A shame because the original look of the building was pretty fancy - we'll loose a showpiece of 1990s condo design. I think this building had the cities first curved glass facade with matching flared cornice, a design element so common in Vancouver condos.

These are Scapers photos from last summer.

The curved glass and cornice feature uses much heavier details than Vancouver condos. Is that some mildew I see forming already?

#2 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:28 AM

I have always suspected that place of leaking. Still I love the style. So long as they keep a stucco exterior it will be ok. Let's hope they don't go for hardi-plan :)

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#3 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:36 AM

Hey! I took those pics, not scaper! :)

#4 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:37 AM

SUE SUE SUE!!!

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:44 AM

Any condo worth its salt goes leaky. Its the trendy thing to do. The West is the leader in this trend. Ontario is so far behind us.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users