The Yates on Yates
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 848-852 Yates Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 20
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR, 2BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Yates on Yates is one of two 20-storey residential towers on a property spanning the 700-blocks of Yates a... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Yates on Yates on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown] The Yates on Yates | Condos; commercial | 20-storeys | Built - completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
991 replies to this topic

#741 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:04 PM

Maybe a gigantic fridge with condos inside would slip by council if it were sufficiently bland. 

#742 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 08:24 AM

A luxury European-model fridge wouldn't stand a chance of getting approved.

FYI: upon further review this sounds a bit inflammatory, but it was meant merely as a multi-faceted joke re: blanket opposition to supposedly "luxurious" condo projects & the trend for many people nowadays to be snobs about their kitchen appliance brands. I apologize in advance to any Bertazzoni stove owners who might have been offended.

Edited by aastra, 16 July 2020 - 01:41 PM.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#743 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 08:25 AM

People should have fridges, but do they really need nice fridges? Politicians should decide what's best for us.

#744 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,730 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 08:30 AM

People should have fridges, but do they really need nice fridges? Politicians should decide what's best for us.

It's just really important that all fridges are treated equally and that government programs are in place to ensure this.

#745 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:25 PM

Out of curiosity:  does anyone know the percentage of units sold here?

• Kapten Kapsell likes this

#746 victoriahomefan

victoriahomefan
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:54 PM

Out of curiosity:  does anyone know the percentage of units sold here?

Last I heard from their sales team, they only have about 7 or 8 units left, including penthouses. Word is that move-in will start in October. 

#747 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:56 PM

Out of curiosity: does anyone know the percentage of units sold here?

Email a few days ago said there were 8 units remaining. I believe there are roughly ~120 units for sale in YoY (excluding commercial) so 112/120 would be 93% sold.
  • Kapten Kapsell likes this

#748 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,536 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:20 PM

Last I heard from their sales team, they only have about 7 or 8 units left, including penthouses. Word is that move-in will start in October.

That’s amazing. Good for them.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#749 Panthen

Panthen
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 11:44 PM

Gotta hand it to Chard, they have a strong track record for completing on time.

#750 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:22 AM

Welp.. never say never.  Yesterday hydro poles were being removed in front of Yates on Yates and the Capital Ballroom.  Wires going underground. 

I'd include my picture as proof, but not sure how to post Flickr pictures on this forum anymore. And my VCR.. damn time keeps flashing 12:00 for some reason not to mention I think my Facebook has been hacked!  What's the world coming to..

• Promontory Kingpin, Brantastic and Victoria Watcher like this

#751 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,536 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:23 AM

I think you need to wrap the direct URL between [ img ] [/ img ] tags (without the spaces).

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#752 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:29 AM

Yah, I've done it that old school way before, but then the images come out giant size regardless of the size you link to in Flickr.  What the heck, it's not like I own this site, let's give it a shot!  

50157860677_c76c76fd0b_c.jpg

• Nparker likes this

#753 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:31 AM

ah, it scales it up to the full size, but based on the reduced size, making it blurry.  K, how about this (I feel a ban coming on...)

50157860677_d68b7ea966_k.jpg

#754 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,536 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:50 AM

I was just about to issue a ban, but you’ve redeemed yourself.

Know it all.

#755 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 10:35 AM

Wires going underground...what a concept. Now this would be a CoV requirement of developers downtown that I could get on board with!

• Mike K., Nparker, Hotel Mike and 2 others like this

#756 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 11:57 AM

Welp.. never say never.  Yesterday hydro poles were being removed in front of Yates on Yates and the Capital Ballroom.  Wires going underground. 

I'd include my picture as proof, but not sure how to post Flickr pictures on this forum anymore. And my VCR.. damn time keeps flashing 12:00 for some reason not to mention I think my Facebook has been hacked!  What's the world coming to..

Any idea if this will be happening on Johnson St as well?

#757 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 12:53 PM

Any idea if this will be happening on Johnson St as well?

There aren't any wires fronting the Johnson St side of this development. They're on the other side of Johnson fronting 844 Johnson and the 1400 Quadra development

#758 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 01:00 PM

There aren't any wires fronting the Johnson St side of this development. They're on the other side of Johnson fronting 844 Johnson and the 1400 Quadra development

Those are the power lines that I was referring to. The ugly old pole on the corner of Johnson/Quadra and also in front of 844 Johnson. Does anyone know if those ones will be removed as well?

Edited by Promontory Kingpin, 27 July 2020 - 01:00 PM.

#759 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 09:44 AM

If the panels don't have any gloss or grain then they won't change character much at all when the light and weather changes or when viewed from different angles. This is obviously something that abundant glazing does very well. It changes dramatically throughout the day and on different days.

Some good examples here from Saskatoon re: the varying character of abundant glazing. The reflections of the sky and the trees and other buildings can be really dramatic and interesting.

#760 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,730 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 09:47 AM

Victoria: less compelling contemporary architecture than Saskatoon.  :whyme:

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users