Photo

S.A.L.T.S. Sail and Life Training Society

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:20 AM

The Sail and Life Training Society (SALTS®) was founded in 1974 and is a registered charity in Canada and the USA (FORGN tax exempt status in the USA).

The Society operates two tall ships, the Pacific Grace and Pacific Swift, and offers sail training to young people ages 13-25 (as well as Day Sails for all ages).

These ships are maintained at the SALTS Marina at 451 Herald Street, Victoria BC.

http://www.salts.ca/

Salts tall ships, the 115' Pacific Grace and the 81' Pacific Swift, sailing off of Victoria

282.jpg

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:26 AM

A guy has to search high and low to find out the cost, and even then, they do not say on the website.

How much does it cost to send your kids on this, Bingo?

EDIT:  Oh, I see.  About $200/day.

http://www.salts.ca/...ips/trip-2.html

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:34 AM

A guy has to search high and low to find out the cost, and even then, they do not say on the website.

How much does it cost to send your kids on this, Bingo?

Don't know about kids, but here is the group price.

https://www.salts.ca...gistration.html

Fall 2016  and Spring 2017        4 Day Trip*  -  $21,182.00    (weeks with a Mon or Fri statutory holiday)                                                     

5 Day Trip    -  $26,911.00

Group Trip Fees

Fall 2016  and Spring 2017        4 Day Trip*  -  $21,182.00    (weeks with a Mon or Fri statutory holiday)                                                                       5 Day Trip    -  $26,911.00

#4 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:38 AM

How about organizing a group of wealthy VVer's to take that 5 day trip?

We do have some of those, yes?

• Matt R. likes this

#5 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:10 AM

Anyone watch the video of them pulling the sails down with Will and Kate when entering the inner harbour? See what the guy behind Kate did to our flag? He should be keelhauled!

On that note I just finished watching 3 seasons of a great show called Black Sails. Worth watching, lots of great shots of tall-ships and swashbuckling with a good story line.

#6 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:15 AM

Anyone watch the video of them pulling the sails down with Will and Kate when entering the inner harbour? See what the guy behind Kate did to our flag? He should be keelhauled!

He dropped it to get on to something else important.  I can give him the benefit of the doubt.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users