BUILT
Oaks at Bellewood Park
Use: condo
Address: 1201 Fort Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 6
Condo units: (sub-penthouse, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Bellewood Park offers a unique opportunity to experience nature – a place from which one can engage with the... (view full profile)
Learn more about Oaks at Bellewood Park on Citified.ca
Photo

[Rockland] Oaks, Cypress and Townhomes at Bellewood Park | Condos, townhomes | 6 and 4-storeys | Built - completed in 2022

• Please log in to reply
522 replies to this topic

#461 Torrontes

Torrontes
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 12:26 PM

The camo look may be part of the enhanced safety features...see Mike, it's catching on.

The building is camouflaged so that once the landscaping is in place and the trees have leaves, you will not notice it and can "Live in nature", which was part of the design brief. LOL.  :banana:

• Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#462 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 12:56 PM

I took some time to scrutinize the controversial brickwork on this one from various vantage points both near and far. I actually don't mind it at all. Looks good with the trees that remain on the property. Dare I say it but Victoria might be back on track re: half-decently attractive brick facades, after ~50 years of botching it through self-conscious overthinking.

#463 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 03 April 2021 - 08:04 AM

March 30th.

The brick work looks much better in-person, and the colour of the pattern is quite pleasant. It will age really, really well.

Bellewood-Park-March-30-2021a.jpg

Bellewood-Park-March-30-2021b.jpg

Bellewood-Park-March-30-2021c.jpg

Bellewood-Park-March-30-2021d.jpg

Bellewood-Park-March-30-2021e.jpg

Bellewood-Park-March-30-2021f.jpg

Bellewood-Park-March-30-2021g.jpg

Bellewood-Park-March-30-2021h.jpg

Bellewood-Park-March-30-2021i.jpg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#464 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 10:13 AM

This really looks horrible especially with the ugly metal slabs on the balconies which totally clash with the brick. Sorry but the photos in my opinion are misleading, and it looks really different when you are standing in front of the building. Abstract has dropped the ball on this one. 

• yellow_baron likes this

#465 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 08 June 2021 - 03:53 PM

The final touches are now coming together, and the project is looking pretty darned good.

June 08

Bellewood-Park-June-08-2021a.jpg

Bellewood-Park-June-08-2021b.jpg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#466 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 09:48 PM

Not a good investment in my opinion. 

#467 Glen

Glen
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 12:29 PM

I heard from an owner the condo board got rid of the BMW car and bicycles that Abstract provided. Owners didn't want to have the extra liability costs for insurance risk. Besides who wants to be paying for someone else to go for a

car or bike rides? 

I think Bellewoods has the same perks.  They should do their homework.

#468 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,343 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 12:50 PM

most people are not into communal cars.

#469 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 10:12 PM

With private carshare companies growing it doesn't seem like something a strata needs to provide at all, short of wanting to splurge on excessive luxury.

#470 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 05:52 AM

It was a beneficial interim measure that had value when alternatives weren’t available. I think it’s great they provided it, and years later if a better service emerges it can replace the service from the strata.

There is a several year delay in between pre-sales and occupancy and so much can happen in between.

Know it all.

#471 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,343 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 06:05 AM

if nobody is using it get rid of it. sounds fine.

#472 Torrontes

Torrontes
  • 320 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 06:22 AM

The BMW i3 (or equivalent) and the 4 Stromer e-bikes are in the disclosure statement, so I cannot see Abstract deleting them at this late stage. Occupancy of the first units in Cypress is planned for next month.

The strata owners will have to make further rules as to use or retention in the first year. The vehicle lease is prepaid by Abstract for one year only.

I can't see why a strata council would want to deal with the headache of equipment rentals. The concierge would end up spending most of their time checking the car and bikes in and out!

#473 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,343 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 06:27 AM

who knew that communism - in the broad sense - is not the best system!

#474 Torrontes

Torrontes
  • 320 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 06:29 AM

C0B63689-9DF8-495E-98AF-AB8BF37073CB.jpeg

#475 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,343 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 06:34 AM

who knew that communism - in the broad sense - is not the best system!

now let's see more fee-simple row houses.   get rid of those strata fees and busy-body councils.

still rare but allowed now.

https://www.theglobe...rticle34635548/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 10 July 2021 - 06:36 AM.

• punk cannonballer and Torrontes like this

#476 Glen

Glen
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 01:16 PM

Bellewoods & Redfern

The Jawl, Redfern project has sold 30% of inventory in just a few months while still in the lessening Covid period. What's the reason this project can have that success while Bellewoods has taken nearly 2 years to sell an additional 20% . 

I believe Bellewoods had almost 50 % sold in the first few months. 

MAJOR SIMILARITIES

• Oakbay - Rockland 
  • Great communities, but both builds not on the calmest ( facing ) streets
  • Both ideal for downsizers for each respective community
  • Steel/Concrete
  • Boutique
  • Established Builders

EXTRAS

The Redfern project would appear to have stepped up the amount of extras and quality in their project.  "It's in the Details"

Has Bellewoods provided enough luxury ( extras ) for their price point and is that the reason for their continued slow sales?

Redfern is 2+ years to completion and at a slightly higher price point.

What will Abstract need to do to get the project sold out?

#477 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 02:23 PM

Bellewoods & Redfern

The Jawl, Redfern project has sold 30% of inventory in just a few months while still in the lessening Covid period. What's the reason this project can have that success while Bellewoods has taken nearly 2 years to sell an additional 20% . 

I believe Bellewoods had almost 50 % sold in the first few months. 

MAJOR SIMILARITIES

• Oakbay - Rockland 
  • Great communities, but both builds not on the calmest ( facing ) streets
  • Both ideal for downsizers for each respective community
  • Steel/Concrete
  • Boutique
  • Established Builders

EXTRAS

The Redfern project would appear to have stepped up the amount of extras and quality in their project.  "It's in the Details"

Has Bellewoods provided enough luxury ( extras ) for their price point and is that the reason for their continued slow sales?

Redfern is 2+ years to completion and at a slightly higher price point.

What will Abstract need to do to get the project sold out?

I think that some of this could be attributed to how many units were released for sale by each developer in each phase? 

Also, Bellewood Park has a much larger set of inventory to sell compared to Redfern, and not all of the units at Bellewood Park are concrete...

#478 punk cannonballer

punk cannonballer
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 02:53 PM

Underestimate the power of the Red Barn Urban Improvement District at your own peril.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#479 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 05:22 PM

I suspect that virtually bring on the border of Oak Bay adds more value than being on Fort. 

#480 Torrontes

Torrontes
  • 320 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 07:52 PM

The 70% figure for Bellewood Park is old information. I don't think Abstract is fretting. In one of the recent weeks they apparently sold 3 units.

They have started orientation tours for Cypress purchasers. Planned occupancy is August/September. For Oaks, planned occupancy is October/November.

A lot easier to sell units once the exterior work has been completed, the floors/units can be accessed for showings, and move-in dates firmed up.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users