BUILT
Oaks at Bellewood Park
Use: condo
Address: 1201 Fort Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 6
Condo units: (sub-penthouse, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Bellewood Park offers a unique opportunity to experience nature – a place from which one can engage with the... (view full profile)
Learn more about Oaks at Bellewood Park on Citified.ca
Photo

[Rockland] Oaks, Cypress and Townhomes at Bellewood Park | Condos, townhomes | 6 and 4-storeys | Built - completed in 2022

• Please log in to reply
522 replies to this topic

#321 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:06 AM

August 16

Bellewood-Park-August-16-2019a.jpg

Bellewood-Park-August-16-2019b.jpg

• Nparker likes this
Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#322 Torrontes

Torrontes
  • 320 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:46 AM

It appears that their focus is on the concrete work of the 4 story Cypress building at this point (woodframe), rather than the larger 6 story Oaks building (concrete).

#323 Torrontes

Torrontes
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:32 AM

Glen, if you hurry up and buy a unit at Bellewood Park, apparently you can add an EV charging station for $9,750. A limited number are available.

Are other projects in Victoria offering this as an add-on, extra-cost option?

#324 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:40 AM

^ I'm surprised that Victoria hasn't jumped on the residential EV bandwagon. Richmond made it a requirement in all new residential construction almost two years ago... 100% of resident parking spaces must have access to a Level 2 outlet.

#325 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:43 AM

Yikes. I don’t think that’s something Victoria’s market can absorb that quickly in terms of cost. If it’s $10k per unit at Bellewood I would imagine equipping 100 stalls would be less, but still several thousand more per residence.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#326 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:50 AM

Yikes. I don’t think that’s something Victoria’s market can absorb that quickly in terms of cost. If it’s $10k per unit at Bellewood I would imagine equipping 100 stalls would be less, but still several thousand more per residence.

Depends on the level of charging offered. We require Level 2, which has an estimated install cost of $760-$3,023 per stall depending on whether the outlet is dedicated or not. Level One has an estimated cost of $1,443 per stall (talking mid- and high-rise construction. Townhouses are significantly cheaper). The complete design and policy guide is online, here: https://pluginbc.ca/...Governments.pdf

#327 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:57 AM

Very good, thank you.

Know it all.

#328 Torrontes

Torrontes
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 11:32 AM

The costs indicated in the PluginBC document ($760-$3,023 per stall) don't appear to address costs arising from upgrading the service side, i.e. the additional costs that BC Hydro will charge for adding capacity, and the additional building system costs, e.g. increasing transformer capacity, etc.. Although load sharing can reduce overall EV charging requirements, there is still a significant increase in estimated peak demand for a building or project, especially with multiple charging stations, which means scaling up the electrical infrastructure, not merely the distribution system to the charging stations. Then there are meter install charges and billing systems required. It is not simply a matter of running conduit, pulling wires, and installing some charging cables.

I understand that Abstract had to negotiate a significant service supply upgrade with BC Hydro if they were to be in a position to offer more than a handful of stalls.

Where there are commercial parkades offering charging stations, they ask you to move your car once charged. Really? Battery EVs (as distinct from hybrids) require 5-8 hours to be fully charged (from 0 to 100%) on Level 2. I can't see drivers popping down to the parkade mid-day to move their vehicle, unless they had a very short commute. In a residential setting, how do you fairly regulate access to a handful of charging stations? The vehicle with the lowest charge gets juiced first?!

#329 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 11:51 AM

Thank goodness for Site C, eh?
  • Mattjvd likes this

Know it all.

#330 Torrontes

Torrontes
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:00 PM

Thank goodness for Site C, eh?

Yes, eh!

For example, EV charging rates are currently much higher in Ontario than in Quebec. Affordable charging rates could become a competitive advantage for B.C., especially in the event that commercial vehicles go electric or at least hybrid.

#331 LJ

LJ
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 07:32 PM

Most Petro Canada stations have or are getting charging stations with DC fast chargers, one hour max tho.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#332 Torrontes

Torrontes
  • 320 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:54 AM

A metrovancouver info page with a much higher estimate of costs to install.

http://www.metrovanc...es/default.aspx

You would think there would be significant savings from designing in provisions for EV chargers from the outset on new builds.

#333 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 18 September 2019 - 11:04 AM

A metrovancouver info page with a much higher estimate of costs to install.

http://www.metrovanc...es/default.aspx

You would think there would be significant savings from designing in provisions for EV chargers from the outset on new builds.

Metro Vancouver appears to include the cost of the charger. CoRichmond only requires the outlet to be there, the resident is responsible for purchasing a charging device. The PlugIn BC cost estimates are based on providing outlets only to 100% of the parking stalls.

#334 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:34 AM

I don't think EV charging in parkades will be a huge long term problem just like we don't have a gas stations in parkades.

Right now, for example, with my 4+ yr old Tesla I would feel comfortable buying into a condo without charging. Tesla installed 16 superchargers at Uptown so I just stop there for coffee or groceries once or twice a week. The new model 3 has 500 km range and charges much quicker on the supercharger than my Model S.

In 5 years you'll have 600 km range EVs that charge in less than 20 minutes. If you switch out all the gas stations with coffee shops/charging stations where is the problem?

At the end of the day I would prefer in stall charging but the way things are going not a deal breaker imo.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#335 Torrontes

Torrontes
  • 320 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:07 AM

October 29, 2019.

Attached Images

• 29_10_19_Bellewood_1.jpg
  • 29_10_19_Bellewood_2.jpg
  • 29_10_19_Bellewood_3.jpg

• Mike K. likes this

#336 Torrontes

Torrontes
  • 320 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:14 AM

29_10_19_Bellewood_5.jpg 29_10_19_Bellewood_7.jpg
  • Nparker and Kungsberg like this

#337 Glen

Glen
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 03:54 PM

Sales.....

August 2018 (1st week ) = 25%

September 2018 = 40%

January 2019 = 50%

There hasn't been an update for 10 months. 

#338 Glen

Glen
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:11 PM

How has construction progressed?

#339 Torrontes

Torrontes
  • 320 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:07 AM

Appears to be ticking along, with Cypress pretty much framed out, parkade work on Oaks well advanced, and townhouse basements being poured.

It's a big footprint for 83 units.

There is no update on sales levels, but I don't think they are sweating. When I see units "listed" on MLS by Rebecca Miller, I presume they are sold, so there is ongoing sales activity.

#340 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:29 AM

Oh yeah, they’re doing well.

Staggered sales is now the name of the game. If you’re an experienced outfit even creditors don’t sweat it as they know you’ll pull it off in due time.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users