Photo

Downtown Parking: Bicycles

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:02 AM

Hope someone will pass by Silk Road and Victoria GiftPlus on Government St. this am and get a photo of the neat bicycle parking attachment on the parking meter..

Was installed earlier this AM..

Looks good and hope it will be a successful technique..

#2 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:03 AM

Oh, great--so the thieves that use pipe cutters to steal parking meter heads will now make off with my bike too?

:P
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#3 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:05 AM

^ Is that truly a problem in Vic.?

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#4 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:17 AM

Not a big problem but it has happened in the past. Thieves use any method from stolen keys to ripping the damn things right out of the sidewalk.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."

#5 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:22 AM

^ Glad you're getting back to the 1/2 full glass there HW..

#6 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:35 AM

Actually, I think this is a great idea. Bike parking is not too bad downtown but out in the burbs it can be a nightmare. Too often I've been to commercial areas in the W.C. or Saanich and have tried in vain to find a suitable object to lock a bike and have ended up searching desperately for any vertical object affixed firmly to the ground!

#7 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:51 AM

I usually make a point of complaining to store owners that I am at that don't have a bike lock up of some sort.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users