Verde Living
Use: condo
Address: 826 Esquimalt Road
Municipality: Esquimalt
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 6
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Verde Living is a six-storey condominium development situated along the 800-block of Esquimalt Road in the Tow... (view full profile)
Learn more about Verde Living on Citified.ca
Photo

[Esquimalt] Verde Living | 6-storeys | Built - completed in 2019

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:11 PM

All 30 units have now been sold - I bought one of the last remaining 2 bedrooms!

Any updates from the developer camrose99?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#22 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

Construction on the building was quite delayed (we were told it was due to labour shortages) and didn't really get underway until April. The new estimated completion date is between July 1st and October 1st of 2018.

I don't have any recent photos but I walked by the site yesterday. The concrete for the parking structure looks to be all poured and there is currently some scaffolding set up, assumedly so they can start on the second floor/parkade roof.

#23 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:53 AM

Nice! Thanks for the update, scotto!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#24 camrose99

camrose99
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:20 AM

Any updates from the developer camrose99?

Sorry I didn't reply but I haven't read here in a while... Same info as scotto, delayed until Jul - Oct next year - I'm hopeful for the earlier date so I can quit renting!!

#25 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:56 PM

Does anyone know how parking will work in this building? Just out of personal curiosity.

As for the delay pretty much everything is delayed right now due to labour shortages.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#26 FirstTimeHomeCrier

FirstTimeHomeCrier
  • 357 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:51 AM

Does anyone know how parking will work in this building? Just out of personal curiosity.

As for the delay pretty much everything is delayed right now due to labour shortages.

Plans were for 0.8 off-street parking spots per unit, 4 of which were for visitors. And there's a Modo carshare arrangement as well. (This info is from last November, so I don't know if anything has changed).

#27 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:46 PM

Like the previous poster mentioned, I believe there's still going to be 4 visitor spots and 1 reserved for the Modo car share car. I THINK all of the spots are semi-underground?

The two-bedroom units all came with a guaranteed parking spot, but the remainder were on a first-come-first-serve basis, so not all one-bedroom units got a parking spot.

#28 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:11 PM

Like the previous poster mentioned, I believe there's still going to be 4 visitor spots and 1 reserved for the Modo car share car. I THINK all of the spots are semi-underground?

The two-bedroom units all came with a guaranteed parking spot, but the remainder were on a first-come-first-serve basis, so not all one-bedroom units got a parking spot.

Ahh okay....I thought all the units were first-come-first serve basis. So whatever is left over after the two bedrooms will be a wait list?

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#29 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:15 PM

Construction update: the parking garbage, which appears half underground, has been poured and they're framing the first floor right now. 

• Nparker likes this

#30 FirstTimeHomeCrier

FirstTimeHomeCrier
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:26 PM

the parking garbage

Is it that poorly constructed?

• thundergun likes this

#31 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:26 PM

Well, if they hurry it up all of the garbage should be underground before spring.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#32 1vanguy

1vanguy
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:33 PM

any thoughts on this location and build quality?

#33 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,849 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:11 PM

While there are no "bad" areas of town this would be about as least desirable as you can get.

#34 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:47 PM

Esquimalt is a changing area, it was typically always a poorer area of town, but it is slowly getting better.  You are on the main street heading into town so there could be traffic noise at all hours.  As for things in walking distance that might interest you....hmmmm not really that much.  I would hope these units are cheap to reflect that

If I can say anything its definitely the last area in the core I would move to, but hey that's just me.

#35 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:57 PM

Long term play for sure

#36 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,670 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:37 PM

any thoughts on this location and build quality?

I am guessing if you weren't too enamoured by Harris Green you won't be especially attracted to this part of Esquimalt. Then again I live in North Park (not too far from the Harris Green border) so what do I know?

• 1vanguy likes this

#37 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:19 PM

While there are no "bad" areas of town this would be about as least desirable as you can get.

Why?

Know it all.

#38 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:31 PM

This area is a great spot to get into. Once the building at Head/Esquimalt is underway, I could see more development in that area to quickly follow. This is your classic “up and coming” neighbourhood. The Skyline building was a great addition, Westbay Quay will help as well.

As for Vic Watchers comment, there are far worse parts of town. This wouldn’t even crack my top 5.
  • AllseeingEye and thundergun like this

#39 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:40 PM

No, it wouldn’t.

Esquimalt deserves none of the criticism it gets. 20 year ago yes it was sketchy, but not any more.

James Bay was a dump in the 70’s. Nobody likes to talk about that now.
  • AllseeingEye likes this

Know it all.

#40 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 09:31 PM

No, it wouldn’t.

Esquimalt deserves none of the criticism it gets. 20 year ago yes it was sketchy, but not any more.

James Bay was a dump in the 70’s. Nobody likes to talk about that now.

Still, sketchiness aside its still not the "coolest" neighbourhood. There are also nicer parts of Esquimalt then where the Verde is. I'd say in 10 or so years though that stretch from head st to Vic west will be more dense and urban and more hip

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users