The 881 at Uptown
Uses: condo, rental
Address: 881 Short Street
Municipality: Saanich
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 6
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 1BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The 881 is a six-storey condominium and rental project along the 800-block of Short Street in the District of ... (view full profile)
Learn more about the 881 at Uptown on Citified.ca
Photo

[Saanich] The 881 at Uptown | Six-storeys | Condos | Built - completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:10 PM

On the agenda for Monday’s Saanich council meeting, is ratification of the Development Permit Amendment.

The covenants and the Housing Agreement (to maintain 10 units as rental units for a minimum 10 yrs) are now registered.

http://saanich.ca.gr...95&meta_id=6637

#22 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:23 PM

This is now 60% sold.

• Nparker likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#23 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:15 AM

It must surely be over 60% sold-out by now, no? It was at 60% some time back, I believe.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#24 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 October 2018 - 04:03 PM

October 19th

Attached Images

• IMG_8663.JPG

• Nparker likes this

#25 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 04:44 PM

Perhaps the title of this thread should be updated to "Under Construction"?

#26 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:50 AM

February 24th, 2019

Attached Images

• IMG_6421.jpeg
  • IMG_6423.jpeg
  • IMG_6424.jpeg

#27 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 01:03 PM

The feds will be making an announcement regarding this project's eligibility for the newly launched federal shared equity program for first-time purchasers.

It doesn't appear to be project-specific, just promotion of the federal program.

Honourable Jonathan Wilkinson, Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard, on behalf of the Honourable Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development and the Minister Responsible for Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), will be there. So the actual minister responsible for CMHC won't be there.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#28 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 27 August 2019 - 10:37 AM

August 27.

This project is now over 90% sold-out.

The-881-at-Uptown-August-27-2019a.jpg

• Nparker likes this
Know it all.

#29 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:42 PM

They've started doing deficiency walk-throughs. I was there yesterday with clients, cool rooftop.

20200219_140536_resized_1.jpg

• Mike K., Kapten Kapsell and grantpalin like this

#30 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:57 AM

Wow. Very cool they did that! 

Hopefully they dont have water/leak issues. 

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#31 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:33 AM

Exactly the same thing is going to be done at The Wade, but far more planters. Each resident will have the choice of an herb or flower garden in their plot.

Know it all.

#32 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 01:17 PM

Exactly the same thing is going to be done at The Wade, but far more planters. Each resident will have the choice of an herb or flower garden in their plot.

Yup. We know you're a fan of the Wade... 

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#33 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,879 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 11:25 PM

Watched this one a bit, as it checked some of our boxes but not all, and I was surprised to see them raise the price of the last one. Haven’t seen that before, maybe it’s more common than I think.

Matt.

#34 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:28 AM

You always pay more for completed product.

Know it all.

#35 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:34 AM

Yup. We know you're a fan of the Wade...

What’s there not to be a fan of? The hate-on for The Wade never made much sense.

Know it all.

#36 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,879 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:04 PM

You always pay more for completed product.

The price went up well after it was completed. I’m not talking presale compared to finished product. It went up because it was the last one, which actually makes sense but not something I’d seen before. Will the last unit at the wade jump $20k after all the rest are done and sold? Maybe!

Matt.

#37 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:23 PM

881 just went through its deficiencies so it’s just at the cusp of completion. Prices rise for completed product, typically.

Wade is sold-out.

Know it all.

#38 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 February 2020 - 04:43 PM

Mr. Chard told me once if you are sold out on completion you've left money on the table; therefore, as a developer you want to increase your prices as you are building the project if inventory starts running low. That is exactly what they did at 881 Short. One of my clients was the second person to purchase at 881 and it was a lot less than what last unit sold for. 

Also, first time I've ever seen this in my career but they are letting buyers pick their parking spots based on when they purchased so my client was able to pick the second parking spot (wider spot, close to elevator, etc.). 

Edited by MarkoJ, 22 February 2020 - 04:45 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

#39 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,879 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 08:48 PM

881 just went through its deficiencies so it’s just at the cusp of completion. Prices rise for completed product, typically.
Wade is sold-out.

So you’re saying it’s standard for the last unit go up in list price pre completion? Good to know. It was listed then I saw the price change, up 20k, then it sold.

Matt.

#40 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:06 AM

Supply and demand. If you’re nearly sold out at completion, there’s demand for your product. The remaining inventory will be in demand and some people prefer to pay more but see/feel exactly what they’re getting and not have to budget several years for completion.

Yates on Yates is running ads now promoting the last opportunity for pre-completion pricing.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users