Photo

Ocean River Sports has moved

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:07 PM

Ocean River Sports is sailing south along Store Street as its owner marks 35 years in the outdoor and paddling supply business and charts a future course.

Relocating Ocean River Sports to 1630 Store St., moving its docks and revamping its online presence are part of owner Brian Henry’s strategy to keep the business competitive.

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.ZBkuNlOU.dpuf

IMG_5317.JPG

#2 qv

qv
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:52 PM

They really, really need a better sign than that.

• JanionGuy and Dr. Barillas like this

#3 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:06 PM

I thought the same thing when i saw it.  How does this add to the "strategy to keep the business competitive."

I was also wondering how they will be able to do water-side demos.  Perhaps on the Canoe docks?

#4 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:32 AM

I thought the same thing when i saw it.  How does this add to the "strategy to keep the business competitive."

I was also wondering how they will be able to do water-side demos.  Perhaps on the Canoe docks?

I disagree. The business is already well known.

The sign over the entrance is a logo, but the real eye-catcher is the building itself which is visible the entire length of the 500 block of Fisgard St.

post-1196-0-84446900-1478315224.jpg

• Hotel Mike likes this

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,164 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:25 PM

Hmm, I wonder if this might set a new precedent with additional text/signage describing businesses along their street frontage.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:07 AM

Are they using both floors or just the main? It looks like perhaps Redbrick (a local tech firm) may have taken the upstairs.

#7 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,164 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:43 PM

I think you might be right.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users