• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,509 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:01 PM

Looks like they're trying something new this year?

Parade before the Centennial Square light-up?

Island Farms Santa Light Parade

Saturday, November 26, 2016
at 5:45 p.m. 
Along Government Street
(from Belleville to Fisgard Streets)

Begin the holiday season in Victoria with the magical Island Farms Santa Light Parade! Enjoy festive floats, bands, entertainment and lots of fun for the entire family!

Join us afterwards at Centennial Square for refreshments from Island Farms with Santa and watch thousands of LED lights switch on at 7:30 p.m. at the 9th Annual Christmas Tree Light-Up.

Remember to bring a donation for the Mustard Seed Food Bank!

http://www.victoria....y-at-545pm.html

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:08 PM

It'll also be live-streamed on Victoria Buzz on Facebook, as well as over most of my Facebook network, plus YouTube, with Dana Hutchings as host.  Roll.Focus is producing it with 3 or more cameras.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:11 AM

It'll also be live-streamed on Victoria Buzz on Facebook, as well as over most of my Facebook network, plus YouTube, with Dana Hutchings as host.  Roll.Focus is producing it with 3 or more cameras.

What would be real cool is if you were IN the Parade live-steaming pictures of the crowd over your Facebook network.  Is VV entering their truck in the parade?

#4 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,348 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:20 AM

What would be real cool is if you were IN the Parade live-steaming pictures of the crowd over your Facebook network.  Is VV entering their truck in the parade?

Mike should totally drive the Citified Sonic at least. 

• Mike K., Nparker and sebberry like this

#5 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,509 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:04 PM

Here's the YouTube livestream link: https://youtu.be/vcaxno1v-00

It's not as fuzzy as the Facebook stream.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#6 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:20 PM

That's actually a great quality stream, it's not fuzzy unless the camera occasionally goes out of focus - it is night after all.   :thumbsup:

#7 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,509 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:22 PM

The YouTube stream resolution is certainly higher than Facebook's, at least on my system. 

Hashtagfirstworldproblems.

#8 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:10 PM

Good effort by Victoria Buzz. Too bad there are only 100 people watching the stream.

#9 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,509 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:14 PM

Good effort by Victoria Buzz. Too bad there are only 100 people watching the stream.

~350 ish watching the Facebook stream.  100 on YouTube.

#10 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,509 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:15 PM

Hmm.. no livestream of the Centennial Square light up? 

#11 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:16 PM

^ Ok didn't see the facebook ones. The youtube stream is a lot better and allows you to pause / replay content.

#12 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:43 PM

Hmm.. no livestream of the Centennial Square light up?

Roll.focus had 4 cameras on lower Government, too hard to move it all up there.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#13 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,509 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:50 PM

Backbreaking work carrying around a GoPro ;) 

#14 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,509 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:59 PM

I think they did an alright job covering the parade. Live production work isn't easy and it was nice to watch the parade from home this year. 

Maybe next year, instead of cutting to commercials they could run them along the bottom where the Facebook messages were shown.  That was my only real complaint with the broadcast. 

Nice to see Dana hosting the show.

CHEK was taking some heat on their Facebook page for not covering it this year.

#15 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:03 PM

Backbreaking work carrying around a GoPro ;)

They had rooftop camera locations.

Look. They put a professional production together that rivals the two local TV stations both of whom choose to skip the event.

#16 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,509 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:18 PM

CTV barely bothered to put lights on their float...

#17 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:17 AM

Went downtown with the boss and kids to watch.  Man, did it drag oonnn...  

I like the bands, the dance groups and the community organizations, but I began to get a little annoyed with the commercial ads - is Joe's Drycleaning really a part of the parade, even if his van is festooned with multi-coloured lights? I noticed that a lot of people around us left without seeing Santa when it started to rain harder around 6:30..

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#18 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:29 AM

They had rooftop camera locations.

Look. They put a professional production together that rivals the two local TV stations both of whom choose to skip the event.

It was a very good production, certainly rivaled anything that Chek has done in the past

#19 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:32 AM

It was a very good production, certainly rivaled anything that Chek has done in the past

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcaxno1v-00&t=1554s

• sebberry likes this

#20 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,509 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:48 AM

is Joe's Drycleaning really a part of the parade, even if his van is festooned with multi-coloured lights?

Family was sick last night so we didn't go see the parade. I usually go just for the lights, that's what makes the truck parade so great.  No bagpipes and cartwheels, just big noisy trucks with lots of lights. 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users