• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:38 AM

This should be interesting:

Over the past century the shape of Beacon Hill Park has changed, Gardiner said. While Fairfield evolved into a neighbourhood well integrated into the park, the same can’t be said of James Bay — even though Beacon Hill is the neighbourhood’s primary park, she said.

“The entrances along Douglas Street are the main entrances to the park for everybody — for traffic and pedestrians, and yet there’s not a friendly feel,” she said.

Gardiner noted that developments such as Capital Park behind the legislature exacerbate the need for a more pedestrian-friendly interface.

Tourists staying in James Bay also visit the park, she said.

“We have a huge tourist base that comes in, but approaching Beacon Hill Park by foot isn’t very friendly,” Gardiner said.

“The whole idea was to look at it to make the whole street more friendly, which does not change the vehicles on the street.”

http://www.timescolo...-park-1.6612247

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:45 AM

And then there's this:

...The design charette, being held at the Royal B.C. Museum, is being facilitated by Cascadia Architects, which undertook a similar exercise for Douglas Street north of Belleville Street two years ago.

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.H4P2GZGR.dpuf

And what wonderful things came about on Douglas street as a result of that previous exercise? Please tell me it wasn't the Douglas/Yates puzzle nonsense.

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:23 AM

Whatever they do, I hope they keep in mind my tram comes right down Douglas there, on the western edge of the park, after it leaves my Mile Zero Pub.

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users