Westbay Quay
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: Head Street at Lyall Street
Municipality: Esquimalt
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 6
Condo units: 85 (1BR, 2BR, live-work)
Sales status: pre-sales
Westbay Quay is a three-building, 85-unit all-concrete condominium complex with a ground floor retail componen... (view full profile)
Learn more about Westbay Quay on Citified.ca      Official website: https://goo.gl/B6m5KA
Photo

[Esquimalt] Westbay Quay | Condos, commercial | 6-storeys | Approved

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#141 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:19 PM

Or, we can rename your handle to your real name and you can say whatever you like.
I can do that right now, if you’d like? Just let me know.

Attack Dog Mike K I love you too much bruh, and that is just too funny. Seriously though, I do like David Price. We are going to be neighbours you & me. Hopefully I can borrow some sugar?

#142 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 47,696 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:39 AM

The reason I’m not creeped out by the above is I know who you are. But I’m disappointed that you come here to be a disruptor rather than a contributor.

Tjv, you’re not a mystery shopper, either. Word travels fast in this town and the next time you’re bidding on a project you might be asked about your comments and why you made them.

I’m giving you guys the benefit of the doubt that you’re having a little bit of fun under a cloak of anonymity. But it actually isn’t, so please be respectful.
  • Promontory Kingpin likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#143 lanforod

lanforod
  • 7,015 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:48 AM

and... even if you're still anonymous on this forum, no need to be 'that guy'. I don't know who tjv or kingpin are, but mainly as I haven't tried to figure it out (especially in tjv's case). That said, there's little need for trash talk, or downright embelishment; adds nothing to the conversation.

• Mike K., Nparker and RoadRunner like this

#144 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 963 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:57 AM

I know who they are. Promontory Kingpin is the guy that killed Spiderman and tjv* is a high-speed train in France.

* It's not my fault he misspelled his handle...

• Mike K. and lanforod like this

#145 tjv

tjv
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:18 PM

^damn, I have been found out

Tjv, you’re not a mystery shopper, either. Word travels fast in this town and the next time you’re bidding on a project you might be asked about your comments and why you made them.

Or people might be annoyed and not send me the drawings for Winners, Wal Mart, etc and I lose out on a $1 million bid.  If push came to shove I'll take the money over posting here ever again

#146 dasmo

dasmo
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:17 PM

This is an interesting little spat! Can I get in on it?
I know something big you guys don’t know! Maybe I’ll tell you what it was when the sign goes up....
  • aastra likes this

#147 aastra

aastra
  • 14,282 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:36 AM

I know something big you guys don’t know! Maybe I’ll tell you what it was when the sign goes up....

Don't we already have a thread for that one?

#148 tjv

tjv
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:28 PM

Long story short and you can put any spin you want on it, I would expect to lose somewhere in the 6 figures in profits.  As a very simple example, I am sure Winners and the Bay Centre are annoyed at me for revealing their "secret tenant".  The Bay Centre has black lists for contractors and aren't allowed to work there, you don't think they would slap my firm on that list in a split second?  Ditto for Winners banning me from bidding.

What would you do Mike?  Do you have the potential to lose 6 figures by posting ONE single post here?

#149 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:39 PM

if most of us stood to lose $100,000 from posting on here we’d never ever come to this site.

why do you keep coming back with such a risk?

#150 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:44 PM

tjv has true power, and he’s not afraid to use it. I respect that. 6 figures ain’t much to him.

Edited by Promontory Kingpin, 14 March 2019 - 06:45 PM.

#151 RFS

RFS
  • 3,016 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:10 PM

tjv has true power, and he’s not afraid to use it. I respect that. 6 figures ain’t much to him.

****ing cringe

#152 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:11 PM

what the.

#153 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:15 PM

what the.

668A37E6-08EF-4DA5-8EC1-51E2C896FC09.jpeg
  • RFS likes this

#154 tjv

tjv
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:31 PM

if most of us stood to lose $100,000 from posting on here we’d never ever come to this site.

why do you keep coming back with such a risk?

because I post anonymously, therefore what is the risk.  If I was forced to post my real name I wouldn't make another post.  On certain jobs that I know detail facts on I don't post because Mike has told me not to unless I post my real name.  Way too much downside for zero reward so...

ok, that's a little overstated, and never made it meant to come off like that

#155 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 47,696 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:43 AM

Demolition of the buildings at the site is slated to begin on May 27th. There is some asbestos remediation required as part of the demo.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#156 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 47,696 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:13 AM

The project's sales centre is moving to an appointment-only setup from this point forward given a recent spurt in sales, and buyer incentives are no longer available save for interest on deposits plus a few opportunities still remain for first-time buyers. The uptake has been quite strong over the last few months.

Know it all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users