• 8,023 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 08:43 PM

Wow, nice obscure Cosby reference.
  • Nparker likes this

#602 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 09:23 PM

That sounds vastly more interesting than Leonard Part 6.

Pacino was already yelling too much even back then but I thought Robert De Niro was very convincing as a young Don Corleone.

#603 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 09:30 PM

Wow, nice obscure Cosby reference.

We've been posting here since 2006 and I'm pretty sure Nparker has never made a Cosby reference that wasn't obscure. He's like the living authority re: obscure Cosby references. And I mean that as a compliment.

• Nparker likes this

#604 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 09:31 PM

And I mean that as a compliment.

I'll take Nparker's obscure Cosby references any day of the week over Mike K.'s obscure Robert Culp references.

• Nparker and Matt R. like this

#605 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 09:40 PM

Speaking of Robert De Niro, can we observe a moment of sympathy for him re: the high rent he's been paying in today's tight rental market? Victorians don't know how good they have it.

The “Irishman” star was renting the $69,000-a-month home after he sold his West Village townhouse of 37 years for $9.5 million in 2012.

#606 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,023 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 09:57 PM

Maybe he needs a second job.

#607 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 10:44 PM

Speaking of Robert De Niro, can we observe a moment of sympathy for him re: the high rent he's been paying in today's tight rental market? Victorians don't know how good they have it.

"The “Irishman” star was renting the $69,000-a-month home after he sold his West Village townhouse of 37 years for $9.5 million in 2012."

Proof positive that the MMHI will make homes more affordable.

#608 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 10:45 PM

We've been posting here since 2006 and I'm pretty sure Nparker has never made a Cosby reference that wasn't obscure. He's like the living authority re: obscure Cosby references. And I mean that as a compliment.

And I took it as one.

• aastra likes this

#609 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,924 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 07:15 AM

Japan now has the world's second-highest proportion of people aged 65 and over - about 28% - after the tiny state of Monaco, according to World Bank data.

"Japan is standing on the verge of whether we can continue to function as a society," Mr Kishida told lawmakers.

"Focusing attention on policies regarding children and child-rearing is an issue that cannot wait and cannot be postponed."

He said that he eventually wants the government to double its spending on child-related programmes. A new government agency to focus on the issue would be set up in April, he added.

However, Japanese governments have tried to promote similar strategies before, without success.

https://www.bbc.com/...d-asia-64373950

#610 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,924 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 01:37 PM

screenshot-twitter.com-2023.01.30-16_36_28.png

#611 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,924 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 09:16 AM

D309F0CA-0260-40E9-9DAC-93E17B5F6FE7.jpeg

#612 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,924 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 09:16 AM

Migrants flee NYC for Canada after ‘drugs,’ ‘homeless people’ make life unbearable: report

‘I only ask God that everything goes well and that Canada is not like the United States,’ one migrant reportedly said

https://www.foxnews....bearable-report

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 06 February 2023 - 09:17 AM.

#613 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 09:38 AM

...‘I only ask God that everything goes well and that Canada is not like the United States,’ one migrant reportedly said...

2 fails. There is no God and Canada is run even worse than the US.

• DavidSchell, Barrrister and Victoria Watcher like this

#614 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,924 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 09:48 AM

Person with no home arrives in NYC, complains about homeless.
  • aastra and Nparker like this

#615 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 01:32 PM

Here's something to chew on: God is truth. The reason why we're served lies all day in all facets of life is because falsehood is what the world worships. We love lies, we desire lies, we glorify lies.

Thus, when we're pressured to think "there is no God" what we're actually being pressured to think is "there is no truth". Spoiler alert: liars manipulate via lies. Whatever lies we want to hear, those are the lies we'll get. Politics, news, everything. Falsehood is the god of this world.

When regarded in those terms, the world we experience and endure is exactly what we would expect it to be. Exactly. Devious liars are admired and rewarded. Forthright honest people are ostracized and excluded. And in moments of personal crisis when the truth slaps us in the face and exhorts us to wake up... we have the individual choice either to get out or to remain in.

Or, maybe it's all just the most astounding coincidence imaginable.

#616 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 01:45 PM

...when we're pressured to think "there is no God" what we're actually being pressured to think is "there is no truth...

I believe truth exists. I see no evidence of any sort of deity. I think the two concepts are mutually exclusive.

• DavidSchell likes this

#617 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 07 February 2023 - 08:07 AM

It doesn’t matter if you do or don’t believe in a deity, society around you does. And whatever people spiritually pursue, affects you. Just start up Netflix to see what I mean.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#618 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 07 February 2023 - 08:20 AM

People can believe whatever they want. That doesn't mean it's real or true.
  • Matt R. likes this

#619 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 07 February 2023 - 08:23 AM

Again though, it doesn’t matter. What matters is that they do, and it’s woven into every facet of your life whether you realize it or not, or like it or not. And ‘they’ don’t care whether you care for it or not, it makes no difference to ‘them,’ if you see what society is sliding towards.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#620 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,924 posts

Posted 07 February 2023 - 02:48 PM

Why some migrants turn around and head back to NYC after free bus ride to near Canadian border

https://www.cbc.ca/n...oxham-1.6740282

Trudeau’s office must have made a phone call and asked for a new CBC article.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 07 February 2023 - 02:50 PM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Tony