Photo

Salt and Pepper Fox | Victoria | 539 Johnson St.

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:31 AM

Coming soon, 44 sq. ft.

http://www.saltandpepperfox.com/menu

screenshot-www.saltandpepperfox.com 2017-02-18 10-45-53.png

• Matt R. likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:47 PM

Even the fox salad doesn't have any fox in it.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#3 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 08:23 PM

Closed as of a couple of weeks ago.

#4 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 08:28 PM

Yes there were 2 survivor stories posted about sexual harassment at the workplace by the owner.

Closed as of a couple of weeks ago.

#5 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,878 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 01:00 AM

Yikes.

Matt.

#6 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 01:30 PM

Indeed!

Yikes.

Matt.

#7 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 11:11 PM

Any news on this..? Another business lost to the pandemic?

I can't find anything online. Instagram and Facebook are gone. deleted, so weird.

TFord

#8 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,878 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 12:00 AM

Yes, so weird…

Matt.

#9 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 01:08 AM

Any news on this..? Another business lost to the pandemic?

I can't find anything online. Instagram and Facebook are gone. deleted, so weird.

TFord

As Klapecki said: "Yes there were 2 survivor stories posted about sexual harassment at the workplace by the owner."

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 06:17 AM

Not good. Not good at all, the accounts.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#11 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 655 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 05:12 PM

I mean, If he took off like that, it’s probably true. However, im getting pretty tired of this “trial by social media.” Some of these SJWS want to blame everyone in their circle and bring everyone around them down. Hopefully that dies out soon

Edited by Belleprincess, 24 June 2021 - 05:12 PM.

• A Girl is No one and Victoria Watcher like this

#12 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 05:19 PM

Victoria eatery closes its doors and social media accounts amid sexual assault accusations

https://www.victoria...ct on Instagram.

A downtown eatery has suddenly closed its doors and social media accounts amid sexual assault accusations.

Government Street’s The Salt & Pepper Fox closed to the public in early June without notice.

2016:

A few days before the official start of spring, Liam Quinn sat down at The Drake Eatery on Pandora Avenue to meet with a writer who was about to be 30 minutes late. In most cases, a chef who runs his own operation wouldn’t tolerate that kind of behaviour. He’d get angry at the writer for wasting his time and send a nasty text message to not-so politely tell him to screw off. Chefs are busy people. But that didn’t happen with Quinn. Instead, he sent a simple message that read: “I hope you’re okay.” It was his way of saying “hurry up” without being pushy, a shoulder shrug of acceptance without letting himself be a pushover—which is essentially the vibe he projects.

https://eatmagazine....ho-is-this-guy/

Salt-Pepper-Fox_778.jpg

It’s not that Quinn isn’t busy. He is. Incredibly. As The Salt and Pepper Fox, he operates a lunch delivery business in which he makes pretty much everything from scratch with fresh local ingredients, assembles the lunches by hand and delivers them all over town himself, one by one—all (somehow) for around 12 bucks per order.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 24 June 2021 - 05:23 PM.

#13 qv

qv
  • 297 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 07:40 PM

I mean, If he took off like that, it’s probably true. However, im getting pretty tired of this “trial by social media.” Some of these SJWS want to blame everyone in their circle and bring everyone around them down. Hopefully that dies out soon

The last big story like this locally (Chuck's) turned out to be true, and now that guy is facing criminal charges.

I'm inclined to believe there are a bunch of creepy dudes in the industry, which seems more likely than there being some large number of people who would make false accusations.
  • Matt R. likes this

#14 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 08:24 PM

Ya I don’t think there are that many women out there making up detailed accounts of abuse and posting them on line. As for a bunch of creepy dudes in the industry, I would bet it’s not much more than the rest of the general population. What Do we have no, 2-3 in the last year locally? Out of an industry of 1000’s. One of the key differences is the sexual dichotomy of the industry. Cooks vs servers, especially in chain places. Flirting and sexual innuendo are mixed with alcohol and late nights. As careers progress, some men develop unhealthy attitudes towards women and end up in positions of power and then abuse that power. I would guess the same could happen in any sector.

Edited by Klapecki, 24 June 2021 - 08:27 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

#15 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 655 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 08:44 PM

The last big story like this locally (Chuck's) turned out to be true, and now that guy is facing criminal charges.

I'm inclined to believe there are a bunch of creepy dudes in the industry, which seems more likely than there being some large number of people who would make false accusations.

Hey, not denying that one at all. And I’m certainly glad he’s off the streets. But there’s reality and then there’s the angry mob. The situation with lumberjacks comes to mind with the angry, racist comments and trying to bring someone down who seemingly had nothing to do with it. That’s the part I struggle with
  • A Girl is No one likes this

#16 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 655 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 08:45 PM

Ya I don’t think there are that many women out there making up detailed accounts of abuse and posting them on line. As for a bunch of creepy dudes in the industry, I would bet it’s not much more than the rest of the general population. What Do we have no, 2-3 in the last year locally? Out of an industry of 1000’s. One of the key differences is the sexual dichotomy of the industry. Cooks vs servers, especially in chain places. Flirting and sexual innuendo are mixed with alcohol and late nights. As careers progress, some men develop unhealthy attitudes towards women and end up in positions of power and then abuse that power. I would guess the same could happen in any sector.

There’s a number of creepy industries .. too many actually

#17 UDeMan

UDeMan
  • 744 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 10:06 PM

In what other industries can a predatory guy meet young women. They have exposed the restaurant industry, real estate, and some massage therapists. The next one will be fitness/gyms.

#18 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 655 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 10:11 PM

In what other industries can a predatory guy meet young women. They have exposed the restaurant industry, real estate, and some massage therapists. The next one will be fitness/gyms.

Oh sheesh, where to start. Doctors, teachers, counsellors, child care… plenty more

#19 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,878 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 10:31 PM

^ Hollywood, the church…

Matt.
  • Belleprincess likes this

#20 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 12:23 AM

This guy made and touched dozens of my sandwiches ... fricking yuk.

Having said that, regular customers couldn't help but note that there was a very quick rotation of extremely attractive female workers in the Government Street facility, there one day, get to know my name as a regular customer, and then suddenly gone the next day.

I've always maintained that one accuser is a 50%/50% proposition ... but two or more accusers rapidly makes it a no-brainer ... the guys a stalker, abuser, and creep.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users