#61 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:31 PM

http://infiltration.org/boats-bcferries.html

http://infiltration....ry/ferry17.html

http://www.wraiths.org/bc_ferry.htm

Jesus H. Christ. The internet is one wacky/great/scary/fun/educational/sick/fascinating place.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#62 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:14 PM

Huh, I've never seen that forum. I found those links while looking up unrelated topics. Strange the stuff that pops up on Google.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#63 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:29 AM

Jesus H. Christ. The internet is one wacky/great/scary/fun/educational/sick/fascinating place.

That's because Al Gore invented it. 8)
Past President of Victoria's Flâneur Union Local 1862

#64 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:14 PM

That's because Al Gore invented it. 8)

And here's a picture of Al Gore at work -- all your internets belong to us...

When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#65 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:03 PM

holy crap that is his monitor???!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#66 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:12 PM

He's using three more times greenhouse gas than I use for my monitor. :evil:
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#67 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:32 AM

It's three monitors. Bill Gates does this, too. I'd like to double my greenhouse gas monitor output, but unlike quite a few people I know, I still only use one monitor, wah! What cracks me up in this picture is that in addition to three monitors, he also has a flat screen tv, just in case there's something on that he absolutely has to watch...
  • malahatdrive likes this
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#68 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:50 AM

Look out Al! That large multi-coloured thing on the wall is going to attack you! Oh wait, that's your runner up prize from the election. Whew!

#69 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:10 AM

Hmm...looks somewhat busier than [url=http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30665:2e3cb]Bush's office[/url:2e3cb].
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."

#70 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:01 AM

Oh man, gotta love The Onion! But hey, this thread is seriously off-course now!

#71 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 11:48 AM

Vaguely back on course with a video of a thief getting arrested on a ferry.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qbBJqrVoHRY

#72 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 11:59 AM

Vaguely back on course with a video of a thief getting arrested on a ferry.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qbBJqrVoHRY

That's an alleged thief, unless you followed the trial to its conclusion.

I always wondered if they hand handcuffs on BC Ferries. No cuffs, but zip ties always up for the job!

Nabbed by an (alleged) off-duty RCMP. Bad luck.

#73 aastra

aastra
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:00 PM

A few months ago there was a thief or something on the ferry I was on. When we docked, the cops were waiting. Nobody was allowed off while they boarded and searched all over the place. They searched the bus I was on a couple of times. They eventually found the guy they were looking for and walked him off.

#74 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:13 PM

From a facebook group on ferries, an Esquimalt fan;

#75 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:22 PM

I have a feeling I know that guy.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#76 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:32 PM

Thats amazing dedication!
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#77 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:32 AM

FBI searching for two suspicious ferry passengers

10:29 PM PDT on Monday, August 20, 2007

By CHRIS INGALLS / KING 5 News

The FBI says the two men have been seen on several different runs in recent weeks. SEATTLE – The FBI is asking for the public's help to identify two men who have been seen acting suspiciously aboard Washington State ferries recently.

The FBI released a bulletin late Monday, including photographs of the two men. One of the photos shows the men side-by-side and the other is a solo shot of one of them. They were snapped by a ferry employee who thought the pair acted suspiciously.

[...]

#78 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:44 AM

What are we waiting for? Ship them off to Guantanamo.

Obviously, anyone photographing transportation (or highrises) is a terrorist. I just hope Gitmo has enough room for Skyscraperpage.com's 10,000 members.

You can't take chances these days.

#79 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:17 PM

They are probably members of that wacky BC Ferries Forum. Those guys give me the creeps! I mean, imagine spending all your time on the internet scrutinizing some mundane aspect of everyday life. Gives me shivers.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#80 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:44 PM

^Yikes! I just thought they were Al Qaeda.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)