• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#41 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:48 AM

Fine with me.  I'm an atheist.  

(and thus incapable of terror attacks, I might add)

• sdwright.vic and LeoVictoria like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#42 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 6,508 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:23 PM

That's some cherry picking. SINCE 9/11, in the US. Look it up worldwide. Fact is there is a problem with militant islam. Why do liberals defend islam so much? I mean it's values are very much in conflict with anything you guys believe in other than hating America.

I am not defending Islam, I will attack ALL religion thougH, because all terrorism is done in the name of religion.

Oh, and I will not be trolled by someone who just came on here three post ago, obviously to troll.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#43 RFS

RFS
  • 3,217 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:36 PM

I am not defending Islam, I will attack ALL religion thougH, because all terrorism is done in the name of religion.

thats hardly true, think of the dallas shooting last year. that was terrorism not motivated by religion. And the western world had a lot less terror attacks/school shootings back when the population was 99% christian and churches were the heart of most communities. of course this was before we made a mess in the middle east and then let them into our countries.

however denying that the world has a major problem with islamic terror right now or using the cop-out "all religions do it" is just asinine. in europe especially there is a legitemate atmosphere of tension and fear because of the massive influx of islamic refugees and the last few years of regular islamic terror attacks/stabbings/ acid attacks you name it. you dont have to hate arabs or be a bigot to acknowledge what the problem is. its not a christian problem, not a buddhist problem, not a hindu or sikh or jew problem. its a muslim problem folks

Edited by RFS, 23 March 2017 - 12:41 PM.

#44 PraiseKek

PraiseKek
  • Validating
  • 415 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

Oh, and I will not be trolled by someone who just came on here three post ago, obviously to troll.

You just claimed that "right wing" groups should be feared more than islamists.

#45 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,643 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:42 PM

So if religion is the sole motivator behind these attacks, why did someone introduce a right wing anti-government figure into this discussion just a few posts up? Why bring politics into it if its religion that is the real motivation?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#46 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,643 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:43 PM

Ah, PraiseKek beat me to it.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#47 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 6,508 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

^ of course, because the religions had less worry about people questioning them. Does not matter if it was a actual religious person committing terror, or someone who was made to feel less then by those who spout religious conviction against someone because the don't fit the "glorious" overcoat of being religious and thus acts out because of feeling trampled on by religious persecution and commits an act of terror. All of it comes from religion, either feeling the need to endorse and protect it, or having been let down or persecuted by it.

As VHF stated, us atheists are quite disinterested in committing terror attacks.
  • tedward likes this

#48 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 6,508 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:54 PM

One the level stated:

Islam is only one aspect to terrorism. You're much more likely to get blown up by some right wing anti government fanatic than an Islamic radical. Just look at the stats. Putting a ban in place on white men would be much more effective than the Trump ban.

PraiseKek asked:

I would love to see those stats please provide them.

I posted and article from 2015, well before the #fakenews error showing the stat you wanted.

If you look though my comments again, I never said anything about fearing "right wing" anything. When you attacked with your "I don't understand why you liberals defend Islam" crap to ME, I then stated I have issue with all religions.

Come on kids follow the bouncing ball, ain't that difficult.

#49 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,643 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:59 PM

Anyone who believes atheism can never equate to terrorism should read up on Luigi Galleani.

Religion may not have been his thing, but I suspect politics was (and no, he was most certainly not right wing).

Know it all.

#50 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 6,508 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

Well there you go, I neither believe in politics, which I find as equally deplorable as at fau5with the many atrocities religion creates. Religion and politics are not strange bedfellows, they are lovers.

#51 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,643 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

The Quran, after all, insists that religion and state must be intertwined, and radical Islam is a political interpretation of the ideology.

Know it all.

#52 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 6,508 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:11 PM

And if you listen to the alt-right, the US is a christian state, and should follow a christian iterpretation of "Gods" law.

#53 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,643 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

The US is a Christian country, as is Canada, as is the entirety of Western Europe. Remember that "God keep our land glorious and free" is even in our anthem.

The difference is Christianity does not demand that state and religion be intertwined, and virtually all Christian countries throughout the western world have absolutely no qualms with that.

Know it all.

#54 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 6,508 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

US Pledge of Allegiance

In 1954, at President Dwight D. Eisenhower's urging, the Congress legislated that “under God” be added, making the pledge read: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

US Money

In God We Trust" is the official motto of the United States. It was adopted as the nation's motto in 1956 as an alternative or replacement to the unofficial motto of E pluribus unum, which was adopted when the Great Seal of the United States was created and adopted in 1782.

Canadian National Athem:

The Queen-in-Council established set lyrics for "O Canada" in Canada's two official languages, English and French. The lyrics are as follows:[1][3][4]

Official English Official French Translation by the Parliamentary translation bureau
O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee

So while god is there, it was on behest of the Queen, who was the church of England. Hardly the basis of a country's believe system.

#55 tedward

tedward
  • 1,879 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:51 PM

The US is a Christian country, as is Canada, as is the entirety of Western Europe. Remember that "God keep our land glorious and free" is even in our anthem.

Not mine. I sing, ''in all of us command" and, "we keep our land". :P

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#56 LJ

LJ
  • 8,925 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:52 PM

The Knights Templar were formed to fight the Saracens hundreds of years ago. If they had done a better job we wouldn't be having this problem now.

• RFS likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#57 LJ

LJ
  • 8,925 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:53 PM

I think LJ's "desperate" comment was in relation to Victoria's mayor referring to criminals not as people who break the law, but as desperate people.

Oh good, perhaps it was just SD that didn't understand the reference.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#58 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,643 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:56 AM

The point is, SD, Canada, or Germany, or Lichtenstein, or Switzerland or the US were founded upon Christian values. Every facet of this nation ties back to a code of conduct and order, all of which tie back to a central pillar that is Christianity.

Know it all.

#59 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 6,508 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:34 AM

No those codes of conduct and order existed before Christianity. Life didn't start suddenly then. And the US was founded upon a seper at ion of church and state.

Edited by sdwright.vic, 24 March 2017 - 08:35 AM.

#60 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,643 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:35 AM

Ok, now you're being obtuse.
  • sparrow11 likes this

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users