APPROVED
E&N Building
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: Kimta Road at Sitkum Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, townhome, 1BR + den, 2BR + den, 3BR + den)
Sales status: in planning
The E&N Building is a 25-storey condominium proposal for 200-block Kimta Road as part of the Roundhouse de... (view full profile)
Learn more about E&N Building on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Bayview Place, tower 4 (Roundhouse) | Condos | 25-storeys | Approved

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#121 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:29 AM

Thank you for the heads-up, Kapten!

25-storey Bayview Place tower to go before council, will rise as Island's second-tallest building

https://victoria.cit...llest-building/

• Kapten Kapsell likes this
Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#122 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:44 AM

Just eclipses the 24-story, 78.5 meter tall Marcielo condo building that was just approved in Nanaimo.

#123 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:22 AM

Given Nanaimo’s brutal record of approving highrise projects that never see the light of day, nobody is waiting with bated breath on this one.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#124 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:24 AM

I guess the Lime Bay phase will have a different look. No brick or spandrel glass from I can see.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#125 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:29 AM

I guess the Lime Bay phase will have a different look. No brick or spandrel glass from I can see.

Looks to me like both are present. In the first image the lower floors and the verticle segment in the middle are brick.

In the second image the whitish vertical segment in the middle of the lit windows and the horizontal panels beneath the windows look like spandrel.

#126 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,402 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:52 AM

Looks to me like both are present...

If I have any concerns about this proposal is that it isn't different enough from the 3 existing Bayview towers. I was hoping a curved element might be introduced to complement the Roundhouse building. Perhaps in execution the overall project will appear more unique.

#127 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:55 AM

It will indeed follow through with much of what we've seen with the first three towers.

Know it all.

#128 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:25 AM

I was hoping a curved element might be introduced to complement the Roundhouse building.

Architectural nods to Victoria would ruin Victoria by making Victoria too much like Vancouver.

Unless the architectural nod is yet more red brick, of course.

• Nparker likes this

#129 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:14 PM

This is going to CotW on Thursday Oct 4; staff are in favour.

Current height is 25 storeys.

Recent renderings:

attachicon.gif03C7B9FA-A33E-49DE-B66E-C46F03BB2B78.jpeg

attachicon.gif0BC12D8A-71B4-4C37-B2D1-B90B9E0D968F.jpeg

If the brick is a darker color (not orange) and the spandrel is grey like in first pic this building could look great. If spandrel is green like all the rest they need a new designer with new ideas.

#130 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:17 PM

If the brick is a darker color (not orange) and the spandrel is grey like in first pic this building could look great. If spandrel is green like all the rest they need a new designer with new ideas.

I think it's just a lighting difference in the rendering and will likely be he same cladding (purely speculating).

#131 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:27 AM

So what do we think, completion in 2022 or 2023?

Know it all.

#132 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 04:40 PM

I hope your right!

#133 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 05:04 PM

So what do we think, completion in 2022 or 2023?

They did their big open house about tower 4 over a year ago and still haven't started sales so if it continues at the same pace could be 2024 although sooner would be better. I thought they may not go ahead with it seeing the spec tax and other changes in the market so this is a good sign

#134 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:49 AM

Council is taking a short break, this item is next on the agenda. You can follow the livestream here: https://pub-victoria...ed&lang=English

#135 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:41 AM

This has moved forward with Isitt opposed. He is concerned about the design of the E&N Trail (which staff told him is not part of this DP) and the potential impact on future rail opportunities (which staff told him are considered in the design guidelines and the masterplan agreement)

#136 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:44 AM

If residential development ever takes off on the Songhees then I could see it impacting future rail opportunities. It's still 1985, right?

• Nparker likes this

#137 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:46 AM

I listened to the live stream for a couple of hours. It is tough to refrain from wanting to gnaw off a limb.

Most of the council seems to say very little with a large number of words. They wander off on all sorts of tangents that aren't directly related to the application in front of them.

Isitt spent a huge amount of time gnawing at the need for assurances that the bike trail would be built to the CRD standard. He was assured repeatedly that it would be done. Then in a split second without any discussion or questions he said he was against the proposal since he didn't feel the design was correct for the height. (In the mean time, cyclists are already just using Esquimalt or Kimta just fine without need to have a cycling trail through the property at all)

• Nparker likes this

#138 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:49 AM

One interesting tidbit... the master development plan does require that after this latest building (Phase I of Roundhouse) the developer is required to complete the actual roundhouse before moving on to other building phases.

• Jared likes this

#139 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:50 AM

One interesting tidbit... the master development plan does require that after this latest building (Phase I of Roundhouse) the developer is required to complete the actual roundhouse before moving on to other building phases.

Ah, so that'll be it for Bayview then  :1954_dancing: 

• aastra, jonny and sdwright.vic like this

#140 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:26 PM

So long Bayview. 

Hello Harbourview. 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users