APPROVED
E&N Building
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: Kimta Road at Sitkum Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, townhome, 1BR + den, 2BR + den, 3BR + den)
Sales status: in planning
The E&N Building is a 25-storey condominium proposal for 200-block Kimta Road as part of the Roundhouse de... (view full profile)
Learn more about E&N Building on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Bayview Place, tower 4 (Roundhouse) | Condos | 25-storeys | Approved

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#221 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:51 AM

I don't know if prices presented last year at sales center would even cover construction costs. The Promontory (5 yrs old) sells $800 to $900 a foot so can't expect it to be lower than that.

That all being said the pre-sale market is being flooded at a time when the market is slowing down. Will be interesting times in 2019 for pre-sales.

The Bayview is selling at $640/sqft and is higher end and Promontory has been getting around $800/sqft in the past but not much selling in there at that price lately but I agree construction cost have gone up since last year but will they be able to charge the same rates with a slowing market and lots of current projects completing in 2019 or sharpen their pencils. 2019 will IMO be one of the most volatile for the real estate market in Victoria since 2007. Whatever happened to the days of pre sales coming on market at less than current market value?

Edited by songheesguy, 01 January 2019 - 10:52 AM.

#222 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 12:05 PM

^construction costs are still rising, but not as much as you think

#223 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:45 PM

Bayview needs to charge a price that reflects the cost realities of the market in 2019 and 2023 when the tower completes. Construction costs are going to keep rising and regardless of what re-sales go for pre-sales reflect the now and only the now.

That being said, Bayview One is ten years old and no longer a premium product in the eyes of the market. If it was it wouldn’t be priced at below $700 per foot.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#224 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:08 PM

One thing that stands out to me when looking at Bayview One listings is the maintenance fees. Ouch.

• jonny likes this

#225 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:16 PM

One thing that stands out to me when looking at Bayview One listings is the maintenance fees. Ouch.

You always run that risk with a strata. You get a few wealthy folks on the board who want to maintain the building at a very high standard and voila.

#226 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:01 PM

The contingency reserve is large plus the strata owns the guest suite so at least owners won't get hit with an assessment/ levy. As an owner of a unit in Bayview I can agree the strata fees are on the high side but damn I get a lot for my fees. They even change my heat pump filter yearly and clean my dryer ducts where at my other 2 buildings I own at I pay and have to coordinate it myself. The falls strata fees are higher than Bayview One and last I heard Shoal Point was up there as well. Luxury isn't cheap but it sure is worth it to see my 10 year old building look like it was just built.

#227 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:22 PM

The contingency reserve is large plus the strata owns the guest suite so at least owners won't get hit with an assessment/ levy. As an owner of a unit in Bayview I can agree the strata fees are on the high side but damn I get a lot for my fees. They even change my heat pump filter yearly and clean my dryer ducts where at my other 2 buildings I own at I pay and have to coordinate it myself. The falls strata fees are higher than Bayview One and last I heard Shoal Point was up there as well. Luxury isn't cheap but it sure is worth it to see my 10 year old building look like it was just built.

The fees at the Sovereign might be even higher on a per square foot basis, and that building is roughly half the age of Bayview One (I also think it has fewer amenities for the owners).

#228 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:57 AM

Bayview One is not outrageous at 44 cents a foot but the units are large so the absolute amounts end up being large sums. Sovereign is 62 cents a foot. That is what happens when you only have 36 units but two passenger elevators, car elevator, etc.

Bayview One is really well run in my opinion but they do make some really poor decisions like every other strata corporation. Recently, they restricted rentals to a one year minimum which will further supress re-sale value and almost impossible to enforce. 

They tried a smiliar thing at the Promontory but we managed to vote it down.

• Promontory Kingpin likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#229 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:07 PM

I saw an excavator digging here yesterday on my way home. I wonder if it was for full out front of Encore tower or is something happening on tower 4?

#230 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:10 AM

There is a very large depression that filled with water during the recent rain. They might have been trying to deal with that.

Surveyors were there a few days ago.

• Mike K., jonny and songheesguy like this

#231 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:17 AM

Any updates on this? Or did this project collapse for now with the reason being that Bosa wasn’t involved in properly planning what could have been the #1 pre-sale development in Victoria?

#232 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 06:15 PM

Any updates on this? Or did this project collapse for now with the reason being that Bosa wasn’t involved in properly planning what could have been the #1 pre-sale development in Victoria?

Was just wondering the same thing. Bayview Place/ properties is holding a neighborhood block party for the 3 buildings this weekend. Going by history they usually host these events right before announcing sales. Seeing Encore completed and knowing they plan to use the red brick and green spandrel on Tower 4 I have lost interest. Also doesn't help that they have had launch events 2x and still nothing, maybe Mariash doesn't have the funds people think and is trying to find a big investor(s) to partner

#233 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 06:17 PM

Was just wondering the same thing. Bayview Place/ properties is holding a neighborhood block party for the 3 buildings this weekend. Going by history they usually host these events right before announcing sales. Seeing Encore completed and knowing they plan to use the red brick and green spandrel on Tower 4 I have lost interest. Also doesn't help that they have had launch events 2x and still nothing, maybe Mariash doesn't have the funds people think and is trying to find a big investor(s) to partner

Not to mention Encore resales aren't fetching the price tags people were hoping. I have yet to see a 2br or larger unit sell.

#234 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:42 PM

Maybe KM is selling off and enjoying retirement. Allegedly.

#235 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:20 AM

He's certainly earned it, if that's the case.

• SimonH likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#236 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:39 AM

Maybe KM is selling off and enjoying retirement. Allegedly.

That has been the rumour for a while now.

#237 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:35 PM

How was the block party? Were new details released pertaining to Tower 4?

Know it all.

#238 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:21 AM

There's an ad for it in the current issue of Capital Magazine. Same pic that we've seen. They call the building "E&N".

Introducing E&N, the first building on the historic CPR Roundhouse lands...

• Mike K. and jonny like this

#239 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:16 AM

And now I see this was already mentioned a while back by songheesguy.

#240 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:31 PM

How was the block party? Were new details released pertaining to Tower 4?

They had up floor plans which was expected as typically they throw an event right before a launch. The interior design sample boards and plans were very underwhelming. They really should have stuck with the original plans they presented at the launch almost two years ago. Most disappointing is the green spandrel and orange brick is still heavy on the exterior and no floor to ceiling glas except patio doors. I was looking forward to this building but have lost all interest unless Focus is out of the picture and whoever takes it over goes back to drawing board. Almost seems like they want to keep all the buildings looking like the Bayview One built in 2009 like a one trick pony.

• Nparker likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users