Vivid at the Yates
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 849 Johnson Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 20
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 1BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Vivid at the Yates is a 20-storey, 135-unit below market condominium tower situated along the 800-block of Joh... (view full profile)
Learn more about Vivid at the Yates on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Vivid at the Yates | Attainable condos; market commercial | 20-storeys | Built - completed in 2021

• Please log in to reply
649 replies to this topic

#361 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:17 PM

^I hope the building opposite has the head office of the OCD Sufferers Association.

#362 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:38 PM

^I hope the building opposite has the head office of the OCD Sufferers Association.

Haha, point taken. They DID make a mistake with a few panels on the eastern face of the YoY though so there certainly is precedent.

Edited by RustyNail, 17 July 2020 - 09:39 PM.

#363 Panthen

Panthen
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:45 AM

Do we know if they're going to fix those three grey panels and make them white to match the rest?

#364 magmazing

magmazing
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 01:02 PM

Chard sent an update email a few days ago saying the structure has reached its full height at that construction remains on schedule.

https://imgur.com/a/jnPEdfw

• Mike K. and Panthen like this

#365 dkuitu

dkuitu
  • 397 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 August 2020 - 09:12 AM

IMG_20200808_093636081_HDR.jpg

• Panthen likes this

#366 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 10:06 AM

I am actually liking the aesthetics of Vivid more than YoY.

#367 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 10:08 AM

Are they the exact same height?

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#368 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 11:35 AM

Are they the exact same height?

I believe they are supposed to be. About 59.7? meters each is what I remember reading. 21 stories each if you include their rooftop common areas/garden.
  • Hotel Mike likes this

#369 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:27 AM

August 9th, 2020

20200809_201549_resized.jpg

• Mike K., Nparker and Panthen like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#370 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 12:03 PM

I think the podium on this one is going to look great. Unlike the Yates on Yates, I'm actually glad the colour scheme deviates considerably from the renderings. 
117765993_959850257863316_28841866547270

• Nparker and Promontory Kingpin like this

#371 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 12:41 PM

Agreed. Vivid is turning out to be the more aesthetically pleasing of the two buildings (IMHO).

• Promontory Kingpin likes this

#372 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 01:50 PM

It’s a nice combo, for sure.

Looking back, are any purchasers on here that can’t believe their fortune for having had the opportunity to purchase at the prices you did, and with what you’ll end up owning? Smart move you made.
  • Panthen likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#373 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 01:51 PM

I kind of like that black brick that wraps around the lower podium.
  • Nparker likes this

#374 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 02:50 PM

Looking back, are any purchasers on here that can’t believe their fortune for having had the opportunity to purchase at the prices you did, and with what you’ll end up owning? Smart move you made.

Count me in that group. Bought my Vivid unit in Dec 2017. I'm not sure how much overall condo values have changed since... but whenever I have a peak at similarly spec'd units it seems we did well.

I'm certainly pleased with how the building (and YoY too) is turning out so far. I'm biased though and recognize that as a first time home buyer I'd probably be excited by just about anything, no matter how good or bad it looks.
  • Nparker and Panthen like this

#375 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 02:54 PM

Ya did good. Trust me.
  • Panthen likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#376 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 04:07 PM

I kind of like that black brick that wraps around the lower podium.

It's more of a dark brown. The renderings showed a charcoal colour.

#377 magmazing

magmazing
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 04:39 PM

I'm glad completion is next February - May as opposed to this past March - May when markets tanked. I'm also still hoping a parking spot somehow becomes available, but not exactly holding my breath.

• RustyNail likes this

#378 Panthen

Panthen
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 04:40 PM

Count me in that group. Bought my Vivid unit in Dec 2017. I'm not sure how much overall condo values have changed since... but whenever I have a peak at similarly spec'd units it seems we did well.

I'm certainly pleased with how the building (and YoY too) is turning out so far. I'm biased though and recognize that as a first time home buyer I'd probably be excited by just about anything, no matter how good or bad it looks.

Count me in that group as well. I'm a first-time homebuyer and I purchased my unit in January 2018. Vivid gave me the opportunity to buy into a new concrete building without any assistance from my parents, so I'm very grateful for that. Similar units in other buildings were selling for over $50k more, and I still haven't seen a better deal on the market since. Plus interest rates are super low right now, so I'm glad I didn't buy a place when rates were higher a few years ago. Overall I'm happy with how things are shaping up.

• Mike K., zoomer and RustyNail like this

#379 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 04:44 PM

I'm glad completion is next February - May as opposed to this past March - May when markets tanked. I'm also still hoping a parking spot somehow becomes available, but not exactly holding my breath.

Aren’t you precluded from selling early?

Know it all.

#380 magmazing

magmazing
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 05:16 PM

Aren’t you precluded from selling early?

I'm on the wait list for a parking spot if someone backs out of buying a spot. Parking was only made available for purchase to the 2-bedroom buyers. 

We have to live in the condo for 2 years. I just meant it would have sucked to have to make a down payment when the pandemic hit when all my investments took a nose dive.

Edited by magmazing, 18 August 2020 - 05:21 PM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users