Manchester arena bombing > > UK Election

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#41 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:16 PM

your ancestors are looking down at you with shame

Darn I hate to disappoint my nazi ancestors.
  • dasmo likes this

#42 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:08 PM

Why not? The bombing would be Force Majeure, and outside of any insurance policies.

It might be a bit like Salman Rushide getting life insuracce coverage.  As a company, why would you bother, even if you think you can invalidate any claim his estate brings.

I'm not saying Grande can't get insurance, I'm sayin the tour might not now be able to afford it.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#43 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:41 PM

Something find a bit odd.  We have 22 dead, and 50 or 60 injured.  Most of the injured would be able to say who they are, they are not too injured, most of them

So the government needs to fire up a database registry of 22 dead plus maybe 20 injured people  Descriptions, approx. weight, age, sex etc.  It seems kind of cruel that family members are going on social media 24 and 48 hours later to appeal for their "missing" family members.

Would it not be better to get them into a hall somewhere and sort it with them?  Start matchng up?

I mean, the scale of this thing, in the grand scheme is nothing compared to, say, 9/11.  You'd think we'd have stuff set up to deal with it.  I know, communications can be hectic, there are double counts etc.  But you get that databas set up then correct and refine as you go along.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#44 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:01 AM

So four of the dead were people picking up their kids.  So the blast was not in a secured area.

https://www.nytimes....ctims.html?_r=0

A 15-year-old concertgoer, a 29-year-old public relations manager, an active duty police officer and four parents who were waiting to pick up their daughters after a show became on Wednesday the latest victims to be identified in Britain’s deadliest terrorist assault since 2005.

#45 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:09 AM

So four of the dead were people picking up their kids. So the blast was not in a secured area.

https://www.nytimes....ctims.html?_r=0

It's been said from the start that the explosion took place in the foyer that connects the arena directly to the nearby train station, not inside the arena itself.
  • rjag and tedward like this

#46 rjag

rjag
  • 5,241 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:23 AM

It's been said from the start that the explosion took place in the foyer that connects the arena directly to the nearby train station, not inside the arena itself.

Exactly, It appears that security was tight enough for people entering the arena and the weakness identified was the opening of the doors to admit folks into a holding area to meet up with concert goers who were exiting. Kind of like the arrivals area at the airport where folks exit from Customs and meet their families.

I wonder if this will change at Airports and other gathering points?

#47 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 50,494 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:47 AM

Right. Baggage claim areas are exactly the sort of place that comes to mind.

Fricken heck, hey? And to think Grande was so vocal in support of anti-Trump rallies that argued he was wrong to take the stance on extremism that he said he would take.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#48 RFS

RFS
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:01 AM

Darn I hate to disappoint my nazi ancestors.

low energy post

#49 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:05 AM

I know, but someone challged that yesterday.  I'm pointing out again the proof.

#50 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,058 posts

Right. Baggage claim areas are exactly the sort of place that comes to mind.

Fricken heck, hey? And to think Grande was so vocal in support of anti-Trump rallies that argued he was wrong to take the stance on extremism that he said he would take.

Seriously? Does every global event need to be Trump related. How does Ariana Grande being anti-Trump have any kind of bearing on this event. If we're going to start picking and choosing what someone said to make it relevant to an event, you might want to Google "trump contradicting himself tweets" first.

#51 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Exactly, It appears that security was tight enough for people entering the arena and the weakness identified was the opening of the doors to admit folks into a holding area to meet up with concert goers who were exiting. Kind of like the arrivals area at the airport where folks exit from Customs and meet their families.

I wonder if this will change at Airports and other gathering points?

What's the point, you just keep moving the security permiter wall back.

• shoeflack likes this

#52 RFS

RFS
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:08 AM

Seriously? Does every global event need to be Trump related. How does Ariana Grande being anti-Trump have any kind of bearing on this event. If we're going to start picking and choosing what someone said to make it relevant to an event, you might want to Google "trump contradicting himself tweets" first.

because its ironic when reality hits and a virtue signalling SJW is faced with the violent terrifying effects of their beliefs

#53 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:12 AM

Are you sure he even got inside?  Wasn't it in the foyer between the arena and the train station?  Also, at the very end of a concert, you can nip in as people leave, that's not hard.

Oh, looks like you're right.

#54 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:14 AM

What would you do to stop terrorism?

The totally not PC answer is to allow fewer Muslims into our (western) countries as they do not seem to integrate as well as others (Chinese, Koreans, Filipinos, Indians, Mexicans, etc.).

Edited by jonny, 24 May 2017 - 08:22 AM.

#55 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 50,494 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:17 AM

Not just anti-Trump, but anti Trump's extremism stance specifically.

She was quite vocal regarding the current administration's decisions regarding travel bans and anti-extremism rhetoric.

I guess what I'm saying is she, of all people, should not have been the target of an extremist.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#56 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:21 AM

Okay VHF... it's quite simple. Go to Google. Type in "modern day christian terrorism" then float your boat buddy.

C'mon now, those are all very, very fridge groups operating in tiny populations.

Islamic terrorism is happening annually in many major countries. The two issues are not comparable at all.

#57 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:25 AM

The totally not PC answer is to allow fewer Muslims into our (western) countries as they do not seem to integrate as well as others (Chinese, Koreans, Filipinos, Indians, Mexicans, etc.).

You just compared a bunch of nationalities to a religion.  14% of Indians are Muslim. 6 Million Chinese are Muslim.

#58 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:31 AM

You just compared a bunch of nationalities to a religion. 14% of Indians are Muslim. 6 Million Chinese are Muslim.

That's just me being lazy. A tiny portion of Indians are Muslim. Nice factoid. You know what I mean.

If people originating from Country ABC are causing us problems that we aren't willing to live with, stop letting them in.

Sometimes the simple answer is actually the correct answer.

Edited by jonny, 24 May 2017 - 08:32 AM.

#59 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:34 AM

And before somebody screams discrimination, immigration policies are by their very nature discriminatory. We don't let in very many poor refugees, for instance.

#60 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:37 AM

That's just me being lazy. A tiny portion of Indians are Muslim. Nice factoid. You know what I mean.

If people originating from Country ABC are causing us problems that we aren't willing to live with, stop letting them in.

Sometimes the simple answer is actually the correct answer.

Right then.  First order of business in Canada then is to stop letting in Jamaicans, Somalians and Ethiopians.

Twenty-six years ago, a staff inspector by the name of Julian Fantino — future Toronto police chief — sat in a small committee room and delivered a slew of explosive race-based crime statistics focused on the Jane-Finch neighbourhood.

Fantino, then head of 31 Division, told North York’s committee on community, race and ethnic relations that, while blacks made up 6 per cent of the Jane-Finch population, they accounted for 82 per cent of robberies and muggings, 55 per cent of purse-snatchings and 51 per cent of drug offences in the previous year.

The Star’s Royson James was apparently the only reporter present. He duly filed a story that appeared on the next day’s front page. All hell broke loose.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users