Photo

Manchester arena bombing > > UK Election

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#141 RFS

RFS
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:34 PM

there you have it folks. according to sidwright gays are better off in muslim countries than christian ones. I think that alone trumps my defence of the body slamming senator

#142 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 6,524 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:44 PM

Oh... and once again I am not denying a Islam problem... I am bringing to light that that you all seem to be ignoring what happens in religion period.

And like also, The Islamic crimes are made more horrible then that of other religions. Guess what my chances of having something happen to me here in North America by a Christiam are MUCH more then someone from Islam doing something.. because guess what! I am not booking a vacation to a Muslim state. I live in a "supposedly" Christian one. My life is in much more danger by some random Christian idiot then a Muslim one.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#143 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 6,524 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:53 PM

Oh... and HB, see it's not just about you. 😋

#144 lanforod

lanforod
  • 7,201 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:23 PM

Oh... and once again I am not denying a Islam problem... I am bringing to light that that you all seem to be ignoring what happens in religion period.

And like also, The Islamic crimes are made more horrible then that of other religions. Guess what my chances of having something happen to me here in North America by a Christiam are MUCH more then someone from Islam doing something.. because guess what! I am not booking a vacation to a Muslim state. I live in a "supposedly" Christian one. My life is in much more danger by some random Christian idiot then a Muslim one.

That would be more a result of there being what, 20 Christians in Canada for every 1 Muslim? Homosexuality is punishable by death in most Islamic countries. That alone should vastly outway any 'you're going to hell' statements you may get from a Christian.

#145 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 6,524 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:13 AM

As I have show above, there is spot more that happens then your going to hell statements. And for the last boost time I am not just talking about me!!! I have been speaking bigger picture the whole time EXCEPT when I have examples of things that have happened to me.

#146 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:54 AM

CNN  headline this morning:

Egyptian state news reported Friday that gunmen opened fire on a bus carrying Coptic Christians just outside Cairo, killing 23 and injuring 25.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#147 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

I just modified the title a bit here because I did not want to start a new thread for the election.  But it's also likely somewhat related.

The Telegraph has a poll tracker:

http://www.telegraph...s-odds-tracker/

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#148 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:48 AM

This is great news:

Right back to Manchester: Coldplay, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams to join Ariana Grande for benefit concert on Sunday

Ariana Grande will return to Manchester to host a concert to raise money for the victims of last week's deadly bombing at her show.

Publicists for the pop star announced Tuesday Grande will play a charity concert in Manchester on Sunday, joined by big names including Coldplay, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams.

MORE:

• tedward likes this

#149 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 4,829 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:02 AM

this should be a familiar story by now

According to the Guardian, more than a third of voters (37 percent) say their opinion of the prime minister is more negative than at the start of the campaign, against 25 percent who say it is more positive.

The opposite is true for Corbyn, with 39 percent saying they have a more positive view of Corbyn compared with 14 percent who now have a more negative view.

Corbyn also leads by 13 points among voters under 50, and is tied with May among women.

If the election were held today, the governing Tory party would lose seats. Labour is in striking distance of winning a majority, and the momentum appears to be with Labour. So, what on earth happened?

First, May’s ploys struck a lot of voters as too clever by half. She seems like an opportunist, first opposing Brexit, then supporting it; first promising not to call a snap election, then changing her mind. Just another scheming politician.

But something more fundamental could at work. When Corbyn made public Labour’s platform, known in the U.K. as its manifesto, (“For the Many, Not the Few,”) the initial commentary from the usual suspects was that the program was hopelessly left-wing—raising taxes on the affluent, increasing public investment, re-nationalizing the national rail grid, capping rents—that sort of outmoded stuff.

Well, it turns out that a lot of ordinary Brits have been hungry for this kind of program. They certainly didn’t get it from the last two Labour governments, under Tony Blair and Gordon Brown, who joined the globalist, neoliberal parade.

A lot of the protest vote for Brexit came from disaffected Labour voters, who concluded that their party had joined the ruling elite. But Corbyn may bring them back to Labour.

*snip*

While Corbyn is an old-fashioned class warrior, class in Britain has not gone away; and a lot of the British left-behinds are evidently looking for just that sort of champion. Corbyn is similar to Bernie Sanders, and not just ideologically. A lot of people who may not agree with all of his program have a grudging respect for his honesty.

Corbyn drew barbs from Conservatives when he said that British support for ill-considered Mid-East wars had increased the risk of terrorist attack. But it turned out that most Britons agreed with Corbyn.

And Corbyn may have drawn the perfect opponent in Theresa May, who looks more conniving and opportunist by the day.

etc
http://prospect.org/...urprising-gains

#150 rjag

rjag
  • 5,241 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:33 AM

I agree that there should be certain people kicked out of the country and not allowed to be here. These are my choices:

I agree with your list and think these could be added BLM, Code Pink, AntiFa etc. Racism and intolerance is not the exclusive domain of the right, all sides have their extremists and nutjobs.

#151 rjag

rjag
  • 5,241 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:51 AM

Part of a conversation with my cousin who lives in York UK

It's been a helluva week. Father of a friend of Em's still in hospital- severely injured when he arrived to collect his daughter.

It changes things when you realise it gets this close to family/friends etc.

They are very well traveled and go to lots of events in London etc and will continue to do so, but it certainly clouds things when you have one eye looking around you for things out of the ordinary.

#152 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 4,829 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

the UK has laws requiring impartiality on the radio ahead of an election so this track can't be played but it's gone to #1 anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxN1STgQXW8

Edited by amor de cosmos, 31 May 2017 - 08:29 AM.

#153 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 4,829 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:43 AM

holy moly here comes corbyn, and may still has a week to continue to self-destruct, clinton-style

Opinion: Theresa May is doing a great Hillary Clinton impersonation with her campaign
Published: June 1, 2017 10:20 a.m. ET

LONDON — Maybe we should be buying euros right now rather than pounds.

British Prime Minister Theresa May is doing her best Hillary Clinton impersonation and trying to blow what should be an easy election victory on June 8.

If she does, that will surely be a short-term shock for the pound GBPUSD, -0.0310% and British stocks UKX, +0.32% . But it might be better news for assets across the Channel, as it will improve the chances of a friendlier, “soft” Brexit that keeps existing trading relations.

The British prime minister’s latest unforced error was refusing to turn up to a televised BBC debate Wednesday night that was attended by all the other party leaders. Since the start of the campaign, she’s rarely missed an opportunity to look high-handed, aloof or evasive. And that’s why the latest opinion polls show the Conservatives’ lead in freefall.

Just 10 days ago, in the wake of the Manchester terrorist attack, I figured the race was all but over. But British fund manager Crispin Odey likes to remind his staff and his clients that “we are paid to change our minds.” I am no longer anywhere near as confident on a clear Tory victory. It still remains the likeliest single income, but the odds have shortened on a coalition government.

“It’s been the most atrocious campaign ever,” one Conservative told me. A swing voter from the blue-collar north warned that a Brexit-style shock was possible in the June 9 vote: She said friends and family who had been backing May were now swinging back to support the Labour party and its far-left leader Jeremy Corbyn.

http://www.marketwat...aign-2017-06-01

#154 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:12 PM

Today's benefit was something else.  First, Coldplay covers an Oasis song.  Then to everyone's surprise, Liam Gallagher shows up and even joins Chris Martin on stage for a song, and Martin seems to be really enjoying it.  Their hug afterwards was not exactly enthusiastic though.  Miley Cyrus was very good.   And so was Grande.  Bieber was all acoustic, so I think his two songs lacked richness.  And BEP were without Fergie.  Katy Perry's Roar was pretty good, after her Part Of Me was a bit flat.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDJlPG_M600

Coldplay also performed 'Don't Look Back In Anger' with Ariana Grande

Liam Gallagher made a surprise appearance, to duet with Coldplay to perform the Oasis classic ‘Live Forever’ at the ‘One Love Manchester’ concert tonight.

Coldplay performed at the special fundraiser and tribute gig at Manchester’s Emirates Old Trafford Lancashire County Cricket Ground alongside the likes of Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Usher, and many more – to honour and raise money in the wake of the terror attack in which 22 people were killed and 59 injured when a lone bomber attacked the foyer of Manchester Arena after an Ariana Grande gig.

Despite Gallagher having frequently slammed the band, just last year comparing Chris Martin to a vicar and saying that Coldplay were ‘beyond ****‘, the former Oasis frontman put past differences aside to deliver an emotional acoustic rendition of ‘Live Forever’ backed by Martin on guitar

Read more at http://www.nme.com/n...OTQOv3FlTxj8.99

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 04 June 2017 - 03:27 PM.

#155 RFS

RFS
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:59 AM

http://metro.co.uk/2...-siege-6685753/

muslim attack in melbourne australia. two dead. that was 2 days between muslim attacks. remember when we used to go months between attacks? so i would say next attack somewhere in the world will be wednesday at the latest

#156 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:45 PM

Oh my....

http://www.haaretz.c...europe/1.794549

#157 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:33 AM

Well they got a minority.  But there is one party (the N. Irish DUP) with 10 seats that aligns a bit with them.  

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 09 June 2017 - 08:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users