• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 10,571 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:42 PM

Clickhole from The Onion:

http://www.clickhole...ton-dc-bui-6189

Massive Waste: The 60,000-Seat Stadium Washington, D.C. Built To Host The James Comey Hearing Cost Over $1.4 Billion

Since construction began on the 2.1-million-square-foot stadium last month, Comey Hearing Stadium has already far exceeded its original $300 million budget, burning through mountains of taxpayer money as crews worked overtime to clear a site on the National Mall, ship in materials for the multiple tiers of audience seating, and install the $2 million Astroturf floor for Comey to stand on. Yet for all the resources poured into this ambitious project, the stadium stood unfinished and barely functional by the time the former FBI director entered through the tunnel to address the audience of 60,000.

"[Randall's] aesthetic poll was more accurate than his political acumen"

-Tom Hawthorne, Toronto Globe and Mail

#62 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,401 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:38 PM

And in real life, it has just been outed that Special Counsel Mueller (the guy tasked with investigating if and to what extent Russia affected the US election) has hired a former Clinton Foundation lawyer to assist him, lol. You can't make this stuff up.

I guess there isn't enough work to be had at the Foundation?

Anyways, some folks in Washington are now calling for Trump to fire Meuller over what's becoming a bit of a lynch mob and not an independent, even keeled investigation. I doubt Trump will fire him, though. I mean what's the point? The guy's doing himself in without any help.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#63 Gipper

Gipper
  • 293 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:29 PM

And in real life, it has just been outed that Special Counsel Mueller (the guy tasked with investigating if and to what extent Russia affected the US election) has hired a former Clinton Foundation lawyer to assist him, lol. You can't make this stuff up.

In BC we have a former Hells Angels lawyer on the Supreme Court. Lawyers are generally professionals and, absent some evidence of misconduct, their past clients should not be held against them.
  • jonny likes this

#64 SimonH

SimonH
  • 550 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:45 PM

Anyways, some folks in Washington are now calling for Trump to fire Meuller over what's becoming a bit of a lynch mob and not an independent, even keeled investigation. I doubt Trump will fire him, though. I mean what's the point? The guy's doing himself in without any help.

What do you mean "outed" ?  It was on CBS morning news, today.

• jonny likes this

#65 dasmo

dasmo
  • 4,895 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:13 PM

Reaching....

• Jill, jonny and sdwright.vic like this

#66 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,401 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:35 PM

What do you mean "outed" ? It was on CBS morning news, today.

That's exactly my point.

This is a pretty smelly conflict of interest. Mueller lining his hires from only one side of the fence (thus far) will only further controversy.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#67 SimonH

SimonH
  • 550 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:43 PM

That's exactly my point.

This is a pretty smelly conflict of interest. Mueller lining his hires from only one side of the fence (thus far) will only further controversy.

You should eat more of these:

• Rob Randall likes this

#68 nerka

nerka
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:30 PM

Reaching....

So reaching....

Rosenstein who appointed Mueller was handpicked by Jeff Sessions as his deputy. I doubt he is a raging liberal or even a closet Democrat.

Robert Mueller who was appointed by Rosenstein is about the best choice one could hope for in the hyper-partisan US system. Though he is a lifelong Republican and thus might be expected to favour Trump, he has a long and distinguished career and served as FBI director successfully under both presidents GWB and BHO. When GWB nominated him for FBI director he was confirmed 98-0, presumably some testimony that his competence was held in high regard on both sides of the political fence

Mueller has assembled a team which includes some high-powered lawyers. There is no "Clinton Foundation lawyer" (i.e. a staff lawyer for the foundation) on his team. Rather there is a lawyer who once defended the Clinton foundation. Lawyers should generally not be tarred with the crimes or alleged wrongdoings of those they defend.

#69 nerka

nerka
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:34 PM

here's an example of Mueller's tenacity in the investigation

http://www.theonion....unway-air-56237

#70 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:11 PM

You can't make this stuff up.

IMG_20170613_181054.jpg
  • Jill, nagel and nerka like this

#71 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:18 PM

Big news-Trump FINALLY hit a 60% disapproval rating. Only took 144 days.

#howlowcanhego

#72 Jables

Jables
  • 100 posts
  • LocationCentral Saanich

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:11 AM

I doubt Trump will fire him, though. I mean what's the point? The guy's doing himself in without any help.

Strangely enough, this line of reasoning works better for Trump than it does for Mueller.  He brought most, if not all, of this down on his own head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users