Photo

Robert Mueller Investigates

• Please log in to reply
547 replies to this topic

#541 Bingo

Bingo
  • 15,884 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 05:00 PM

Special counsel Robert Mueller asked the judge on Tuesday to sign off on immunity for five unidentified witnesses slated to testify against Manafort beginning next week.
If granted, that means the witnesses' testimony couldn't be used against them in later court cases.
 In theory, the move to grant the witnesses immunity prevents them from invoking their Fifth Amendment rights and staying silent on certain questions when testifying against Manafort. 
Mueller says the witnesses haven't been publicly identified in the case. Nor have they been charged, Mueller's office said. 

#542 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:12 PM

Putin actually speaks somewhat acceptable English so I'm sure if there were something truly private they could converse without translators. Come to think of it, Trump also speaks somewhat acceptable English.

Except he sometimes gets "would" and "wouldn't" confused.
  • Rob Randall, Matt R. and nerka like this

#543 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 7,845 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:33 AM

Sorry, This conversation has moved on to matters of actual importance.  Cutesy gossip over the latest CNN tabloid headline is over

Well then, you're not going to like what '80s superstar Richard Marx has to say:

Capture.JPG

There’s a Cold War playing out in cyberspace between the Russians, Chinese and Americans and each nation’s efforts are far deeper, far more sinister and far more entrenched then what Mueller or any other public investigation will not only be able to uncover but will be permitted to uncover. 

I agree completely there's shady stuff going on, and it's a clear and present danger. But if so, why is Trump downplaying it and saying cyberwarfare is fake news and not happening any more?

• sdwright.vic likes this

#544 Bingo

Bingo
  • 15,884 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:37 PM

Except he sometimes gets "would" and "wouldn't" confused.

"If I had known what that red phone was for, I would have said send a lunch to Vlad... and rush it."

#545 Bingo

Bingo
  • 15,884 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:51 PM

"If I had known what that red phone was for, I would have said send a lunch to Vlad... and rush it."

Dang that new interpreter,   I said "Don... I don't want you to get my cold, and NO you can't have my launch codes"

#546 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 42,232 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:53 AM

I agree completely there's shady stuff going on, and it's a clear and present danger. But if so, why is Trump downplaying it and saying cyberwarfare is fake news and not happening any more?

Because the Russian Collusion theory is dead and Russian meddling is the new Russian Collusion.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#547 Greg

Greg
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:35 AM

Because the Russian Collusion theory is dead* and Russian meddling is the new Russian Collusion.

*Some restrictions may apply. Offer not valid to those already cited in indictments including the NRA, Paul Erickson, Roger Stone, and the unnamed Congressman.

• Rob Randall, sdwright.vic and nerka like this

#548 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 5,219 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:20 AM

It is pretty easy to name the Congressman in South Dakota. There are only two, and one just turned 57.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.