Photo

Robert Mueller Investigates

• Please log in to reply
894 replies to this topic

#881 Benezet

Benezet
  • 966 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:48 AM

At this point I have to wonder if he intentionally sounds like an idiot in these press conferences and public appearances, to lure other leaders into underestimating him in trade negotiations. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but it's just hard to imagine someone who is so inarticulate occupy that office.

Coincidentally, this came my way today. The part about The Bangles says it all.

https://www.theguard...transition-team
  • Kungsberg likes this

#882 LeoVictoria

LeoVictoria
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:58 PM

Is this off topic? I don’t care, the photo is just too good from the Kavanaugh hearing.
Just look at those faces.
plqlaq0.jpg
  • Bingo and Wayne like this

#883 RFS

RFS
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:47 PM

Is this off topic? I don’t care, the photo is just too good from the Kavanaugh hearing.

I'm sure you think you have a point

#884 LeoVictoria

LeoVictoria
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:51 PM

I'm sure you think you have a point

"We're gonna have the best people in the world" -  Trump

#885 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 8,334 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:58 PM

The thought that occurred to me was that this elite prep school is the best of the best. It's where the lawyers and doctors of the future come from. It's sole purpose is to turn kids into leaders. 

And after all that hard work, the last thing these kids do, practically their final task, is to fill out a paragraph in their yearbook.

If they only knew those cryptic phrases and in-joke acronyms would destroy their lives in the 21st century.

"[Randall's] aesthetic poll was more accurate than his political acumen"

-Tom Hawthorne, Toronto Globe and Mail

#886 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,333 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:55 PM

That's Kavanaugh's mother at far left and his wife directly behind the name board. 

plqlaq0.jpg

#887 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 September 2018 - 05:09 AM

The United States of America - where the highest court in the land already has one, and could potentially have two criminal perjurers who dabble in the sexual assault of women.

#888 LJ

LJ
  • 8,376 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 05:48 AM

^^Ha Ha we got our own groper so there SCOTUS!

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#889 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,333 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:02 PM

WASHINGTON — Under pressure from key Republican senators, President Donald Trump on Friday ordered the FBI to conduct an additional background investigation of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, who faces several sexual misconduct allegations.

"I've ordered the FBI to conduct a supplemental investigation to update Judge Kavanaugh’s file," Trump said in a statement. "As the Senate has requested, this update must be limited in scope and completed in less than one week."

https://www.nbcnews....fternoon-n91467

#890 RFS

RFS
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:25 PM

WASHINGTON — Under pressure from key Republican senators, President Donald Trump on Friday ordered the FBI to conduct an additional background investigation of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, who faces several sexual misconduct allegations.

"I've ordered the FBI to conduct a supplemental investigation to update Judge Kavanaugh’s file," Trump said in a statement. "As the Senate has requested, this update must be limited in scope and completed in less than one week."

https://www.nbcnews....fternoon-n91467

Perfect.  Provides all due diligence in investigating any potential impropriety by Kavanaugh without giving the democrats the months and months of stalling they are trying to get

#891 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:31 PM

This is where Kavanaugh will start to wish he'd been a little more professional - a little calmer - and a little less combative on the stand yesterday.

In all the heat, tears, blubbering, and anger that he could muster up, he said an awful lot of things ... answered a lot of questions with absolutes - and he probably (without watching the video) can't actually remember a half of what he said to the Judiciary Committee.

What he did yesterday opens up a very wide door now for the FBI to determine that Kavanaugh perjured himself under oath. They only have to find one instance ... just a single confirmed instance of Kavanaugh perjuring himself ... and his goose is cooked.

As an aside, there may already be confirmed witnesses to Kavanaugh perjuring himself yesterday. He claimed (under oath) that he didn't watch Dr. Fords testimony on TV ... and there are multiple people that note they saw him with a group of people in an office watching Fords testimony on TV.

Perjury isn't one of those things that's measured in "degrees" ... you're either honest under oath (and are believable), or you're dishonest under oath (and can't be believed).

And now the FBI is on board, likely with a few hundred agents already being sent out into the field to undertake the investigation. 

Kavanaugh will be lucky to be selling pencils outside a Walmart in a year - let alone sit on the highest bench in the land.

#892 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 1,582 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:41 PM

If this FBI investigation is thorough, Kavanaugh will withdraw. We all know that he will be found to have lied under oath, and there will be corroborating witnesses to some of his sexual assault activities. This is just what Kavanaugh didn't want to happen.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#893 nerka

nerka
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:51 PM

If this FBI investigation is thorough, Kavanaugh will withdraw. We all know that he will be found to have lied under oath, and there will be corroborating witnesses to some of his sexual assault activities. This is just what Kavanaugh didn't want to happen.

I don't know. The Repubs seem pretty committed to seating Kavanaugh even though there are dozens of other conservative justices that could serve the same role on the SC.

It's almost like they think they are going to lose the Senate*.

*Unlikely in my opinion

#894 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,333 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 05:55 PM

If this FBI investigation is thorough, Kavanaugh will withdraw.

Add his name to the long list of people who were hand picked as being the best for the job who are now gone.

#895 LeoVictoria

LeoVictoria
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 06:14 PM

Will he though? The hearing showed how rabidly partisan he is so they are clearly abandoning even the pretense of impartiality. If the republicans don’t care about perjury why should he?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.