Robert Mueller Investigation - Completed in 2019

• Please log in to reply
1516 replies to this topic

#1181 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 47,078 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:59 PM

Cassidy, that was uncalled for. I’ve hidden your last post.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1182 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:14 PM

Well, you and RFS are two peas in a pod Mike, so I'm not remotely surprised.

BTW ... you can hide my posts, or you can ban me (I don't care either way) ... but please don't ever tell me that my comments are "uncalled for". 

You have no standing to make that judgement.

Edited by Cassidy, 06 February 2019 - 10:16 PM.

#1183 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 47,078 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:41 PM

Your comment was super inappropriate for a public discussion forum. You’re far too well spoken to take the easy way out like that.

No need for a ban, Cassidy. You can hold your own.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1184 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:00 PM

Good gawd ... some of the stuff that gets droned on about in here is "OK" for a public forum, but an ultra-common swear word isn't?

Regardless, RFS living in his perceived little "white bubble" needs to take a refresher on the fact that one doesn't have to live anywhere in particular in order to despise racism, and to call that same racism out when it manifests itself.

Mind you, he also gets 10 points for his endless (and always useless) trolling ... in that he got me to bite with what was incredibly lame bait.

#1185 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 9,186 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:19 PM

Hey, we are supposed to be talking about the Marmalade Mussolini.

This is a partial list of the House Intel transcripts Mueller will receive. Mueller likely already knows what they said but this makes it official and paves the way for formal indictments:

*Kushner
*Trump Jr.
*Cohen
*Sessions
*Bannon
*Hicks
*Parscale
*Lewandowski
*Page
*Brennan
*Lynch
*Yates
*Podesta
*Wasserman-Schultz
*Erik Prince
*McCabe
*Rice
*Clapper
*Dearborn
*Sater

I can sense legal trouble coming for at least the first two people on that list.

Edited by Rob Randall, 06 February 2019 - 11:20 PM.

• Mr Cook Street likes this

"[Randall's] aesthetic poll was more accurate than his political acumen"

-Tom Hawthorne, Toronto Globe and Mail

#1186 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 47,078 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:29 PM

The Senate Intelligence Committee tasked with investigating Trump-Russia collusion is blowing out the candles and going home empty handed, it looks like.

Know it all.

#1187 nerka

nerka
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:26 PM

The Senate Intelligence Committee tasked with investigating Trump-Russia collusion is blowing out the candles and going home empty handed, it looks like.

"We were never going to find a contract signed in blood saying, 'Hey Vlad, we're going to collude,'"

Of course even if they did the response from some here would be "What about her emails!!!"

#1188 RFS

RFS
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:40 PM

"We were never going to find a contract signed in blood saying, 'Hey Vlad, we're going to collude,'"

Of course even if they did the response from some here would be "What about her emails!!!"

Keep on moving those goal posts.  Of course, Mueller will never release anything until its too late to matter.  It is the eternal scandal and the Democrats won't give it up for anything

#1189 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 1,675 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:02 AM

When Mueller brings down his report, the crimes will be very well laid out, with considerable evidence gathered in all cases. Either the American people will take it to show that a major house cleaning is needed immediately, or it will show that minor players were involved while Donald Trump's hands are completely clean. Either way, the best possible person is leading the investigation, and has a fantastic team of experts working with him. You can speculate all you like, call it an "eternal scandal" but we will all see soon what comes down, and whether it can ever be brought back up.

• Cassidy likes this
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#1190 RFS

RFS
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:10 AM

Actually, therein lies what is so funny about this entire thing. The entire extent of any possible collision is providing the leaks that showed everyone what Hilary and the DNC were up to.  Basically, it MIGHT have been the Russians who exposed that the DNC colluded with Hilary to secure her nomination and keep Bernie out.  That's it.

#1191 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:09 AM

I hope folks here are exercising those back muscles on a fairly regular basis in preparation for their upcoming requirement to (as previously agreed) prostrate themselves severely once the Mueller report is released, and Trump is indicted ... or worse, charged and convicted as the common confidence man that he's always been, is currently, and will forever be known as  :judge:

• Hotel Mike likes this

#1192 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 9,186 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:23 AM

Trump isn't going to the big house, at least not until he's out of office. Even then, nobody wants that visual of a president in handcuffs. That happens regularly in places like South Korea but not in this part of the world. It's gonna be hard to definitively prove criminal intent.

You can roughly divide Trump's gang into,

Self-promoting grifters: Manafort, Gates etc

Idiots: Don Jr., 

Brown Nosers, Kushner, Cohen

Crazy Town Inhabitants: Stone, Corsi, Flynn 

etc.

They'll need to show these guys were doing more than just serving their own interests.

Edited by Rob Randall, 13 February 2019 - 11:24 AM.

• Cassidy likes this

#1193 Greg

Greg
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:43 AM

I think it is far more likely if we understood the entire picture (which we may never) that Trump would be exposed as a "useful idiot" rather than a "criminal mastermind". I don't think he set out to conspire with Russia to win the Presidency. I don't think he even wanted to win the election.

I do think, however, that he is a toxic blend of venal, arrogant, and insecure that renders him really easy to manipulate. You can watch everyone from Kim Jung Un to Sean Hannity manipulating him on a regular basis through simple flattery. Russia has played him for their own interests.

And there is already ample evidence that his campaign was absolutely littered with grifters and lowlifes who should never have had close access to the President of the United States, which displays a frightening lack of judgment on Trump's behalf. Not to mention Trump's own campaign contribution violations and payments of hush money to prostitutes.

Given that context, I don't really think that the likely failure to directly indict Trump himself for a felony is exactly the vindication that many on here seem to be portraying.

• jonny and Cassidy like this

#1194 RFS

RFS
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:50 AM

Nothing gives me hope for 2020 like otherwise perceptive lefty's still thinking Trump is stupid

#1195 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:05 PM

Nothing gives me hope for 2020 like otherwise perceptive lefty's still thinking Trump is stupid

the current list of declared democrat candidates should give you hope also.  it's not a very strong list.

#1196 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 9,186 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:10 PM

Well, Trump is not stupid. He is not terribly bright and he is distracted by shiny objects. He is good at manipulating people and identifying their weaknesses. He is clever in the way a crow is good at using a tool to retrieve a treat.

• jonny, nerka and Cassidy like this

#1197 nerka

nerka
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:46 PM

Trump is an ignorant buffoon but I would never call him stupid. He actually more of an idiot savant - a genius within his limited circle of competence.

Not a stable genius though.

• Cassidy likes this

#1198 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 47,078 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:06 PM

Trump isn't going to the big house, at least not until he's out of office. Even then, nobody wants that visual of a president in handcuffs. That happens regularly in places like South Korea but not in this part of the world. It's gonna be hard to definitively prove criminal intent.

You can roughly divide Trump's gang into,

Self-promoting grifters: Manafort, Gates etc
Idiots: Don Jr.,
Brown Nosers, Kushner, Cohen
Crazy Town Inhabitants: Stone, Corsi, Flynn

etc.

They'll need to show these guys were doing more than just serving their own interests.

Don’t forget Tony Podesta, head of Podesta Group and brother to Clinton campaign head John Podesta, and Greg Craig, former White House counsel for the Obama admin. The investigation has only recently reignited the focus on those two figures who are tied into this whole thing via Manafort for whom they provided consulting and lobbying work on behalf of a pro-Russia Ukrainian government.

Know it all.

#1199 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 9,186 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:37 PM

A crook as bad as the rest, I'll give you that. 

#1200 RFS

RFS
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:17 PM

CNN and NBC are reporting that Mueller is concluding his investigation and will be submitting his report to the AG in the next couple weeks.  Clapper is already on CNN warning us that it will be "anti-climactic".  I can't wait for tears and gnashing of teeth here and elsewhere when this thing is over and Trump is exonerated 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users